View Full Version : Hello from southern Cali!!

sakigirl5
December 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Kristina and I have been riding for a year now. I have a 2008 Kawi green 250 that I bought stock which is my first bike. Not going to lie I have dropped my bike 2 times. One on a newbie move where I was making a u-turn and hit sand...:o.. Second time she has been down I was backed into in a parking lot by a lady who claims she didn't see me in the mirror (Don't you look over your shoulder when you back up?!?) Anyway things I have installed myself thanks to the help of youtube :thumbup: : Flush mount proton turn signals, seat cowl, Fender eliminator kit, LED tail light. Just got new shoes on her that the shop put on for me and they also installed shogun frame sliders. I did buy a yoshimura slip on exhaust just need to install it when I have some time.

Here are some pics below:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m482/krissymb/Sidewithoutfender.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m482/krissymb/Backend.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m482/krissymb/photo1.jpg

saxnbass
December 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Nice bike, welcome. By new shoes, I assume you mean tyres. Which did you get and how bad are the stock ones compared to what you got?

MotoED
December 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
:welcome:
Ride Safe:)

Nemesis
December 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hellooooooo, Kristina!

Welcome. If you need anything just give me a holla! :o

MustangGuy
December 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Nice bike! Welcome!

bob706
December 13th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the family :thumbup:

ForceofWill
December 13th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Chalk another one up for cali...Needs moar east coasters :p

sakigirl5
December 13th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Nice bike, welcome. By new shoes, I assume you mean tyres. Which did you get and how bad are the stock ones compared to what you got?

Thank you everyone for the welcoming. Yes new shoes as in new tires.. I actually needed a new set of tires since the side walls on both my old tires were cracking. I ended up getting Dunlop GT501 on the front and back. Anyone know of a way to prevent the side wall from cracking? I was thinking it was caused by the dry climate out here.

Hellooooooo, Kristina!

Welcome. If you need anything just give me a holla! :o

Thanks for the offer Nemesis. I will let you know if I need help :thumbup:

Chalk another one up for cali...Needs moar east coasters :p

And hey will cali has some good weather almost year round.. of course there is going to be more of us ;)

nickjpass
December 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Welcome to Ninjette! Pretty color, enjoy your bike!

ForceofWill
December 13th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Were those your original tires you replaced? Regardless of mileage, motorcycle tires should be replaced anywhere from 2-5 years depending on who you talk to. Does your bike sit outside all the time? 4 years worth of UV might have had something to do with it.

Trailerboy531
December 13th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hey Kristina welcome the ninjette! How do you feel about freeway riding? If you're comfortable you should totally come hang out with the So Cal members - we meet usually at least once a month. I believe in January we will be meeting for a tech day in Indio where we work on bikes and help each other out with maintenance, aftermarket installs, any mechanical issues etc. It'd be great to have you there! :thumbup:

Cazper
December 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the forums!!! Always good to see another SoCal rider!!! You should definitely keep your eyes out for get togethers... we have a pretty big group of individuals who get together at least once a month for either a tech day, group ride or just to hang out. We are headed out to Indio (Ken and Chrissy's) this Sunday (18th) to help reorganize the garage as we use their place for lots of our tech days... always welcoming to a new member :thumbup:

BTW,
I had cracking in my stock sidewalls as well... the bike is only 1 1/2 years old and the stock tires only had about 9K miles and the bike is always garaged. I think it just has something to do with the quality of the stock tires :noidea:

*EDIT*
Due to slow typing Max beat me to some of my post... oh well :doh:

Trailerboy531
December 13th, 2011, 07:26 PM
hahah while I was writing it I was thinking "this is totally what Dustin would say"

ManyCavies
December 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the forum!
I'm the Crissy half of the tech day hosts, would love to meet you.

rusninja
December 13th, 2011, 09:23 PM
welcome! very nice bike :O

Gurk
December 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Hey there and welome!!! Come hang with us! Or what Max and Dustin said. lol

Chubbs032
December 13th, 2011, 10:05 PM
if you need help with the exhaust install lmk im in the SFV

KJohnson21
December 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=1195

cocheese
December 14th, 2011, 11:06 PM
:thumbup:

ducducgooseit
December 15th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the 250 party. :partytime10:

salty
December 16th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Welcome, my gf and I are in the Riverside area and are looking for riding partners.:thumbup:

SephiaSputnik
December 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
hallo Kristina! I'm pretty close to Valencia and also looking for peeps to go riding with. We should hang out sometime :)

Snake
February 11th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Hello and welcome.

Robinhood
February 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
sakigirl5: Welcome! :thumbup: to puttin' in work on your bike. Which tail light is that?

Kevin2109
February 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM
So when are we all going to hang out?! :D

Trailerboy531
February 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM
More importantly why is she not riding all the way down to hang out with us next week?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96102

:D