View Full Version : Looking for your input

SES2009
December 22nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
Hello I joined a while back ago and have been busy with work so I haven't been on th forum much. I would really appreciate everyone's opinion on a used "non ninja" bike.

I went and looked at a 2008 Daytona 675 with 8k miles on it, the owner originally wanted $5300 but offered $4800. He accepted my offer an is including a pitbull rear stand and front stand. so now I would like to ask if $4800 is a reasonable price to pay for an all stock 2008 daytona 675.Oh yeah it does have frame sliders and front and rear spools..

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!! I really love the Daytona and am ready to buy it tomorrow but don't want to make a bad choice because I am all giddy.. Lol
Regards,

Sean

Nemesis
December 22nd, 2011, 11:08 PM
You offered $4800 and got it. On top of that he's throwing you pitbull stands which is worth $100 each.

So, what's the problem? Are you thinking of asking him to lower the price even more? Or think you should look elsewhere for a lower price?

The bike's worth whatever you're willing to pay. $4800 for an '08 w/8K miles seems like it's in the ball park figure.

SES2009
December 22nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
You offered $4800 and got it. On top of that he's throwing you pitbull stands which is worth $100 each.

So, what's the problem? Are you thinking of asking him to lower the price even more? Or think you should look elsewhere for a lower price?

The bike's worth whatever you're willing to pay. $4800 for an '08 w/8K miles seems like it's in the ball park figure.

You bring up a good point... I am really torn and would like a newer bike the 09+ models have some changes I like. $4800 is the lowest he will go since that's what he owes on his loan. So in my opinion the bike is worth it but I do value other people's opinions as well. It helps me stay grounded so to speak....

Nemesis
December 22nd, 2011, 11:26 PM
What? He doesn't have the title in hand?

Personally I don't deal with sellers unless they have the pink slip with them. Some are okay with it so long as they can confirm with the lien holder that it's transferable and such. If you do decide to go through with this just make sure you do your homework.

SES2009
December 22nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah no doubt I defenetly feel you on the pink slip... He says the loan is with a local credit union so I would be able to get the title at the bank with him when he pays it off. The guy was very nice and we talked for a good hour, he even let me test ride it which I thought was nice considering I would be very hesitant without having cash in hand.

Cazper
December 23rd, 2011, 12:54 AM
As far as "worth" goes... KBB calls an 08' 675 to retail at $5,800 and trade in at $4,000 and an 08' 675 SE to retail at $6,200 and trade in at $4,300.

NADA (which is usually closer) low retails the 08' 675 (in Vegas) at $4,100 and average retail at $5,400.

All that being said... if it's the bike you want and it's in good condition and he's willing to throw in the stands... it's a deal I would feel fairly comfortable with :noidea:

But, as was stated above... I wouldn't walk away from the deal until I had title in hand... so unless you're willing to spend some time with him so that you can follow him to the bank and get the title... well that one's on you. :thumbup:

EsrTek
December 23rd, 2011, 04:33 AM
My bike is financed at a local Credit Union, as for the titles I have asked and they said it's very simple. We both go in, me and buyer, buyer pays bank payoff amount. Bank signs title, I sign title and buyer signs it last. Bank sends that in to state and they mail the new owner the title (in his name).

May seem like more to do, but that will take 5mins to do at bank, and 2 weeks or so for the title to get to new owner.

I have bought several cars like this and never once had any issues getting titles !!!!!

People who advise just simply not to deal with someone who has a bike financed via bank, I would say are overly paranoid.
Not everyone in the world can afford to pay-off a loan (plus wait the few weeks for title to come in) just to turn around and sell the bike/car.

SES2009
December 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks for all the input I really appreciate it!!! So, I decided to get the bike and as was stated by Eric the bank has the title locally and will be able to do all the legal stuff once the loan in paid off. I will post a new thread once I get and post some pictures.

Thank again fellas:-)

pathfinder
December 28th, 2011, 10:16 PM
One thing to keep in mind is the KBB and NADA retail values are based on dealer retail which tend to be much higher than private party deals. I would use 80-85% of the KBB retail value as a rule of thumb to put a price on a bike in a private transaction, esp. if it is a cash deal.

Usually in an economic climate like this, buyers tend to have much better leverage in a one-on-one private party cash transaction. Regardless, at the end of the day, if you are satisfied with the bike that is all it matters.

SES2009
December 28th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the input I hope this thread helps other buyers especially with "if your happy with your purchase that's all that matters".