View Full Version : Finally moved up

kitrz
December 28th, 2011, 04:52 PM
After 7 months and over 6k km on my '09 250r (my 2nd 250cc bike) I finally moved up in the cc's. I was originally planning to get a 600cc jap bike but I got a good deal on a highly modded '00 Ducati 748s and I got overwhelmed by the emotion (italian bikes will do that to you). :rolleyes:

Long story short, I got the 748s.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-UQcwf5EnOR0/Tt35S2NOAyI/AAAAAAAAADs/h3pZDVjLvvg/s640/DSC05224.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vt_sMag0O4s/Tvup5xcvwlI/AAAAAAAAAFU/KkWA_-S7udk/s640/DSC05226.JPG

The condition is prestine with only 15,000 km logged, and it just had the regular maintainance 2 weeks before I got it. Might change the windscreen back to the stock one though.

Haven't had a chance to really test it out yet because of the weather here. Stormy as hell! :mad: But I will surely update this thread when I get the chance. :thumbup:

pilotgeorge747
December 28th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Congrats! Nice looking bike :thumbup:

choneofakind
December 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Congrats on the new bike! I just saw one of these in person, and I gotta say, pictures and movies don't do them justice ;)

(take the stickers off her. She'll thank you by being extra beautiful! :thumbup:)

How modified is highly modified?

kitrz
December 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Congrats! Nice looking bike :thumbup:

Thanks man, cheers!

pjed
December 28th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Sweet looking Duc...those Termis look awesome.:thumbup:

kitrz
December 28th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Congrats on the new bike! I just saw one of these in person, and I gotta say, pictures and movies don't do them justice ;)

(take the stickers off her. She'll thank you by being extra beautiful! :thumbup:)

How modified is highly modified?

Exactly the same reaction I got when I saw it in person!:D I wish I could, I prefer the stock ducati red paint scheme aswell but they aren't stickers. It's painted on the fairings as a Carl Fogarty WSBK replica.

Not sure if it really counts as "highly" modified, but this is the list of the mods done.

- 45mm Twin Carbon Fiber Termignoni Exhausts
- Ohlins steering damper
- Ohlins rear shocks
- iridium windscreen
- Rizoma open clutch cover with carbon fiber trim
- Rizoma gold clutch pressure plate
- kevlar timing belts
- clear led integrated brake/signal lights
- led front signals
- Fender Eliminator
- Aftermarket italia seat
- Carbon fiber front and rear fender
- Carbon fiber airscoops
- Carbon fiber instrument panel
- Carbon fiber tank guard
- Carbon fiber heel exhaust guard
- Extra biposto tail fairing (not really a mod, just an add on)
and maybe some stuff the owner forgot to mention :p hahaha

kitrz
December 28th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Sweet looking Duc...those Termis look awesome.:thumbup:

Thanks man! They sound awesome too :thumbup:

choneofakind
December 28th, 2011, 07:11 PM
well if it's a replica bike, that's cool! :thumbup:

I didn't even notice all the carbon fiber bits. Looks really great. dang.

Cazper
December 28th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Pretty sweet lookin' ride and you are right... there is just something about Italian sport bikes... and sport cars for that matter :thumbup:

kitrz
December 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Pretty sweet lookin' ride and you are right... there is just something about Italian sport bikes... and sport cars for that matter :thumbup:

Thanks man! and yeah, they may not be the best performing or the most reliable choice in the market... but they make you feel damn good! :rolleyes:

backinthesaddleagain
December 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

alex.s
December 30th, 2011, 01:27 PM
how much did you get it for?