View Full Version : My CBR woke up.

thurt88
December 28th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I woke her up from her winter nap for a few minutes today just to see if everything was ok. I had it stored up for a little over a month. Battery was dead, I guess the alarm drains battery even if its not activated. So went and got a new one (battery was less than a year old) and started it up. I unhooked the alarm from the battery lead while it hibernates a couple more months.

rXiCKrVvz3E

killamuf
December 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Bro, the video is not working for me? But glad to hear your CBR came back to life. :)

thurt88
December 28th, 2011, 10:44 PM
yea i cant figure out how to post videos.

saxnbass
December 28th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Simple.

rXiCKrVvz3E

:D

Alex
December 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
yea i cant figure out how to post videos.

How to post videos on this site (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5900)

thurt88
December 29th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks Alex. I guess I learned something today. :thumbup:

That video really doesnt do that Jardine slip on any justice. When that bike rolls into a parking lot or a stop light, it commands attention. That constant hum when it idles............ I really love CBR's.

Im thinking really hard about the new Ninja 650r's but I will have to ride one. I really like my Honda and its the one I would have to trade in for it as my 250 has been claimed by my wife and 3 bikes.....yea, not on my income. Sooooo that 650r would have to be a machine fabricated in Heaven for me to trade my bike in but Im gonna give it a look-see.

Slono
December 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks Alex. I guess I learned something today. :thumbup:

That video really doesnt do that Jardine slip on any justice. When that bike rolls into a parking lot or a stop light, it commands attention. That constant hum when it idles............ I really love CBR's.

Im thinking really hard about the new Ninja 650r's but I will have to ride one. I really like my Honda and its the one I would have to trade in for it as my 250 has been claimed by my wife and 3 bikes.....yea, not on my income. Sooooo that 650r would have to be a machine fabricated in Heaven for me to trade my bike in but Im gonna give it a look-see.

The new 650 looks pretty awesome. I love the redesign and I'm glad they got rid of th banana seat!

dino74
December 29th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Battery was dead, I guess the alarm drains battery even if its not activated. So went and got a new one (battery was less than a year old) and started it up. I unhooked the alarm from the battery lead while it hibernates a couple more months.

I'm storing my friend's CBR600, with an alarm it goes dead in 2 weeks. My other buddy has the same bike minus the alarm and has no problems sitting for a couple of months. You should put it on a battery tender. I just bolted it to the leads on the battery and fed the connector up into rear storage compartment,

cuz
December 29th, 2011, 01:20 PM
care she mite be cranky jk what a bike you have :):D

thurt88
December 29th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I just took the new battery out after I started it up for a while. I put the battery back in its box. I only have one battery tender and its on my 250 right now. I was going to alternate it back and forth thru the winter but I think it would be better stored indoors in the box.

cuz, if you were asking about my bike, its a '06 cbr600rr. The '06 cbr rr's are the first street bike that ever caught my attention and its the bike I judge all others by. Thats why im thinking this new kawa 650r may have to be the miracle bike for me to trade my bike in. I really want to ride one. I'd know for sure in 10 minutes.