View Full Version : Bolt idea

massacremasses
January 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM
So Ive been thinking about all the metal pieces on my bike I can powder coat the green that I will be doing the rims and stuff...

I was thinking. shoot why not the bolts?

What do you guys think? would that be too much green accent? idk.. im kind of unsure. lmk what you guys think.

choneofakind
January 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I think it would look cool, but it might be too much green if your rims are already going to be green too.

There's a thread around here called "lots of color" that has bolts and stuff that are anodized. If you really want color, they have colors that might accent the green/black without being too much green on one bike :2cents:

congrats on converting over to team green :D

*edit*
how much green are we talking on the bodywork in comparison to black? Mostly green or mostly black? if it;s mostly black, the PC green bolts would be a good accent. If the bodywork is mostly green, keep the bolts a color that compliments the green, or else it they would just blend in to the whole bike.
*/edit*

massacremasses
January 6th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I saw that. but those arent the same color green. I want everything to match.

Body will be ALL black. The only things that will be green will be metal AND decals. I have yet to find a color close enough to my powder :/ Tapeworks didnt have anything I could use unfortunately...

So yes other then the rims, passenger pegs and Kawasaki, and Ninja decal eveything will be black.. I will most likely black out wind screen as well.

choneofakind
January 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
OOHHH then go with lime green PC bolts too!!! are you limited to that one color with the PC? you could work the other direction and pick a vinyl that you like and match the PC to that...

or just use the 3 foot rule and assume no one will notice the color difference if they're not touching each other.

also totally my opinion here, but do to your windscreen what I did with mine, only use your green decals.

Ninja
250R

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=815&pictureid=6880

alex.s
January 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
anodize

massacremasses
January 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
anodize

cost more money. I dont do that at our shop.

Powder or nothing are my options. Im leaning towards powder...

Yeah I want the decals to match perfectly though. If not they will be super close hopefully :/

alex.s
January 7th, 2012, 12:55 AM
not to steal other peoples credit but http://www.bryanpryor.com/anodizing.php