View Full Version : Going classic - I just got myself an 09 Triumph Bonneville

kcaja1
January 13th, 2012, 12:03 PM
It's my 40th birthday gift for myself and I'm really happy to be where I am at this point of my life and career. I was really more of a car guy until a year ago when I bought my first US street bike, an 04 Honda 599, sold it after 2 months and bought my current 09 Red Ninjette. I've logged a combined 5000 miles on both bikes as I use my Ninjette to commute most of the days, hot or cold, sunny or rainy. I also have a 50cc scooter I bought 3-4 years ago.
This Triumph reminds of classic looking motorcycles (mostly 125cc or 150cc) in the Philippines where I grew up. I also had two Yamaha Secas back then, a 400 and a 750. I've been riding motored two wheelers since I was 10.
My wife hated me so much when I first bought my Honda 599 last year but now she's very encouraging of my new loved hobby and it also turned out to be very time-saving transportation for me to/from work. I save 1-2 hrs minimum each day of commute time. And to top it off, this bike only costs 1/8 of what I originally planned to buy (a convertible) for my big 40.
This new bike will be an addition to my Ninjette. I'm now thinking of a vanity plate for it. I'm thinking of 'MCQNS' at the moment (Steve McQueen made this Triumph Bonnieville famous, although this is still not my time). I need your input guys!

Photo is the actual bike. It has the installed windshield($350+) , Arrow exhaust($1100+ I think), and the rear handle bar ($200+). And I believe I got it for a freaking deal! The bike is about 300 miles from me and I will have it delivered and will get here in a week or so. Even if I don't like it, I firmly believe I can flip it and still make $500 to $1000 bucks here in DC area. I bought it from a small town dealer far away....

Mountain Dew
January 13th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I am so jealous.

LoneRonin
January 13th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'd rock that...minus the windshield and sissy bar.

jstrain
January 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Awesome! I'm on my 6th Triumph currently. Had a '10 Bonneville very similar to yours. Absolutely loved it, but she got totaled last August. Replaced it with a Thruxton, which is basically the same bike with different handlebars and pegs.

Hopefully you aren't very big into mods. You can easily drop a lot of dollars once you tear into these bikes. Ask me how I know :D

Alex
January 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
/moved to the lair :thumbup:

greg737
January 13th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Triumph Bonneville, that's a whole different world from the EX-250.

I have a friend who rides a newer model of it (2010, I think). He loves it.

csmith12
January 13th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Dat's be one fine ride! Enjoy.

kcaja1
February 8th, 2012, 02:35 PM
two toys... I've slowly modding the Bonneville since I'm done modding the Ninja to where I want it to be. I think I'm set for the next few years. I'm now thinking of doing track days starting with a track school hopefully this March.

Slono
February 8th, 2012, 02:57 PM
two toys... I've slowly modding the Bonneville since I'm done modding the Ninja to where I want it to be. I think I'm set for the next few years. I'm now thinking of doing track days starting with a track school hopefully this March.

The triumph looks amazing!

cuz
February 8th, 2012, 05:54 PM
wow that's a sweet bike man congrats :)

choneofakind
February 8th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I like it!! Personally, I like the Thruxton better, but they're practically the same bike...

Happy 40th!! :)

Toly
February 10th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Sweet ride... congrats!