View Full Version : Quick quote

CynicalC
January 24th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Can we replace the quote button with a quick quote button instead so it doesn't automatically take you to the advanced reply screen?

saxnbass
January 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Yes, this would be nice. :thumbup:

Alex
January 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Do you mean something like this?

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=250449

saxnbass
January 24th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Not quite. You'd hit the Quote (or in this case, Quick Quote) button and it'll just put the Quote tags and message into the quick reply box at the bottom instead of loading it into the advanced reply page.

Alex
January 24th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Sure - but that's not a vbulletin feature. If there is an existing mod that adds that functionality, that is compatible with v3 and v4, I'll look into it, but I didn't see anything like that in a quick search of that .org site.

CynicalC
January 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hm I guess it's a UBB feature then. Just assumed Vb would have it too.

http://i.imgur.com/NqQNO.png

choneofakind
January 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
That one you linked to looks interesting alex! We could just highlight what we want to quote and click on the link option instead of having to sort through the whole quote and delete.

Also, how do I quote multiple people in the same post without having to open up a new tab and copy/pasting into the first quote tab? It's hard keeping things straight sometimes :confused:

csmith12
January 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Sure - but that's not a vbulletin feature. If there is an existing mod that adds that functionality, that is compatible with v3 and v4, I'll look into it, but I didn't see anything like that in a quick search of that .org site.

It's out there Alex. I wish I could tell you more but I have no clue if this is an add-in or a custom feature.

CynicalC
January 24th, 2012, 10:44 AM
That one you linked to looks interesting alex! We could just highlight what we want to quote and click on the link option instead of having to sort through the whole quote and delete.

This sort of mod would probably create problems for mobile browsers.

Also, how do I quote multiple people in the same post without having to open up a new tab and copy/pasting into the first quote tab? It's hard keeping things straight sometimes :confused:

Use the multiquote button, (the one with the +, right next to quote) on each of the posts you want to quote. Then hit reply.

choneofakind
January 24th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I never thought about the mobile part. You're right.

Thanks Cynical I could never figure that out, so I did it the hard way