View Full Version : Got hit by a car that turned into my lane.

rz3r0
January 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Luckily not on my Ninja, this was on my Honda Ruckus. But it sucks regardless :( Thankfully the driver of the vehicle was responsible enough to stop and wait with me till the police arrived so we can file a report and collect information.

What happened was, I was making a right onto a street as another car was making a left onto the street. This street had two lanes so naturally we have to be in our immediate lanes when we turn. However, this lady came into my lane, hit my handlebar and caused me to wipe out. The lady did admit fault saying she did cross into my lane as she was turning and hit me. I have all her info, witness info, filed a motor vehicle collision report, and contacted my insurance with all the information. Was there anything else I should do at this time?

nickjpass
January 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I don't know, but glad to hear you're okay! You are right?

Mountain Dew
January 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Damn man, that sucks :( Seems like you did everything right, and I'm not sure if there's anything else, other than to wait.

Hope you were wearing your gear despite being in a scooter.

I've had this happen to me many times, but never contact :x

oreX
January 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Glad to hear you're ok.

I've always been afraid of this sort of thing happening, even in my car sometimes I drift into the other lane while making a left.

massacremasses
January 30th, 2012, 09:54 PM
na man you went by the book. good job and glad youre ok !

rz3r0
January 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah I'm fine but I just feel light headed, got some minor abrasions, and a bruise on my shoulder. Never hit my head on anything, thank god :) I'm gonna go to the hospital and have them check me just in case. My bike is....well I don't think there are major damages as the engine still runs. I got a bent fork, wheel got unaligned, scrapes on left signal and left brake lever, bent brake lever, and scratches to the left side floor panel. Surprisingly no scratches to the frame.

Thanks for your concern and input guys :thumbup: Now to go to the hospital.

Slono
January 30th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah I'm fine but I just feel light headed, got some minor abrasions, and a bruise on my shoulder. Never hit my head on anything, thank god :) I'm gonna go to the hospital and have them check me just in case. My bike is....well I don't think there are major damages as the engine still runs. I got a bent fork, wheel got unaligned, scrapes on left signal and left brake lever, bent brake lever, and scratches to the left side floor panel. Surprisingly no scratches to the frame.

Thanks for your concern and input guys :thumbup: Now to go to the hospital.

Get well soon!

MustangGuy
January 31st, 2012, 01:05 AM
Glad you are OK. Some people do the damned craziest things on the road. I always knew that but on a bike, you really notice it.

rz3r0
February 1st, 2012, 02:11 AM
Good thing I went to the hospital, because I found out I had a shoulder joint separation :eek: Well at least they told me it'll heal up within 1 month. Now I just have to get my bike to the dealer so they can repair/create a damage estimate for my insurance.

Skippii
February 1st, 2012, 02:18 AM
Good thing I went to the hospital, because I found out I had a shoulder joint separation :eek: Well at least they told me it'll heal up within 1 month. Now I just have to get my bike to the dealer so they can repair/create a damage estimate for my insurance.

You didn't notice that!?
Glad you went to the hospital. Make sure the lady who hit you gets the bill for that one.

Gorilla25
February 1st, 2012, 07:03 AM
im glad ur all good. im glad the lady stopped for u. a friend of mine got hit on the H1 last week, truck driver did not stop, and his R6 was totaled. im glad i talked him into using at LEAST a helmet. thats the 1st thing that hit the road that day.