View Full Version : Upgrading: 09 cbr600RR or 09 R6???

Shaol1n Monk
January 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Hey all, so after 10 months of riding, and modding my beautiful Jade i was cut off at an intersection by a cager making an illegal left turn on the day after christmas. He cut in front of me and I broadsided him doing about 50mph. My girl and I were ejected off the bike and launched over his hood. My girl had a concussion and alot of bruising and had to wear a neck brace for a month but she is doing much better now. I was not so lucky: I suffered 3 fractured ribs, a fractured vertebrae, collapsed lung, bruised liver, lacerated spleen and ruptured achilles tendon. I was in intensive care for a week. Tests showed my spleen healed well enuff it didnt need to be removed. I had a tube in my lung for 2 weeks. The chest is healing ok, still some pain tho. the worst is i just had surgery on my achilles and will need rehab and alot of time off my feet to heal. Hopefully I get cleared to ride again by the spring.

Yes, I am going to ride again. I actually cant wait to get back on a bike. People say im crazy, including my girl who is very against it but she loves and supports me and understands its in my blood.

So my 250 is gone and I will be getting a decent settlement and will be upgrading to a 600 when it comes thru.

So I was considering an 07 or 08 zx 6r but i have read bad reviews.
My buddy has an 09 cbr600rr graffiti edition and he loves it. Everyone loves the CBRs from what i read.

I also have seen a couple 09 R6s that I like and have read good reviews as well.

I commute, ride twisties and hope to track next season. I may buy a cheap track bike eventually, but for now I need a street bike. I love supersports. My 250 was modded w clip ons and racing rearsets just to get a more aggressive riding position.

So I am looking for some feedback guys and gals. I have never ridden a 600. I rode dirt bikes as a kid and the ninjette was my first street bike. So anyone that has ridden the CBR and R6 lemme know what you think.

Thanks, and be careful out there ;)

choneofakind
January 31st, 2012, 09:06 PM
The only CBR I've ridden was a 1997 CBR600F3 and I rode it all last summer. It has lot of useable midrange, and is still a rocket out of corners. Definitely took a different technique than the ninjette in twisties, as will any supersport. The honda will always be a good choice for reliability and quality because it's a honda.

alex.s
January 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM
r6.

Hopmix
January 31st, 2012, 10:50 PM
CBR- great all around bike. does everything well.
R6- Race Bike.

No interest in Gixxer? Also a race bike.

Shaol1n Monk
January 31st, 2012, 11:33 PM
no real interest in gixxer... they look nice, and i hear they perform well, but i just associate the gixxer w squids. every noob who buys a bike jumps rt to a 1000cc gixxer w no riding exp... then they dump the bike on the way out of the dealership parking lot

Shaol1n Monk
January 31st, 2012, 11:34 PM
CBR- great all around bike. does everything well.
R6- Race Bike.

thats the impression i am getting.

Socal5646
January 31st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Why not a Kawi?

saxnbass
January 31st, 2012, 11:54 PM
Between those two, I'd do the CBR. Why? The powerband of the R6 doesn't really sit well for me. It's all high end, and I do a lot of city riding. I'm not saying you can't do city riding and commuting on the R6, it's just nicer with the powerband of the CBR. Also, the CBR will be more comfortable than the R6; in terms of comfort on a supersport.

Shaol1n Monk
February 1st, 2012, 12:00 AM
Why not a Kawi?

like i said, the 06-08 got bad reviews. 09 and up was better, but if im gonna go w an 09 im still leaning towards the cbr cuz it seems like the best of both worlds

Between those two, I'd do the CBR. Why? The powerband of the R6 doesn't really sit well for me. It's all high end, and I do a lot of city riding. I'm not saying you can't do city riding and commuting on the R6, it's just nicer with the powerband of the CBR. Also, the CBR will be more comfortable than the R6; in terms of comfort on a supersport.

i am strongly leaning towards the cbr.... altho i have seen a few triumph daytonas tonite too, an 09 675 triple in particular w less than 1000 miles on it that would be in my price range.... :rolleyes:

decisions decisions LOL

saxnbass
February 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM
Daytona vs CBR is tough. The Daytona is sexy. CBR is still more comfortable of a ride though. And getting parts and having the CBR fixed if anything should happen or a part wear out is usually easier and faster than with the Daytona.

Shaol1n Monk
February 1st, 2012, 12:10 AM
Daytona vs CBR is tough. The Daytona is sexy. CBR is still more comfortable of a ride though. And getting parts and having the CBR fixed if anything should happen or a part wear out is usually easier and faster than with the Daytona.

idk if the parts would be as big an issue, we have a triumph dealer in manayunk, which is rt next to me in philly. it is a tuff call.... the daytona is pretty nice, and with less than 1000 miles its practically brand new

00NissanNinja
February 1st, 2012, 12:36 AM
I really like the daytona I hope we get some demo rides out here one day. I rode a 2010 zx-6r for a hour though, that was slick. It handles great and riding position was nice for me too. In any case I have heard the cbr does everything well so between your choices I'd get a cbr.

Trailerboy531
February 1st, 2012, 12:51 AM
I asked a rider last week who had a Daytona at the track how he liked it on the street - he shook his head and said it was NOT comfortable. I rode an 11 zx-6 and absolutely loved it, it was amazingly smooth in the power band with more than enough power everywhere and quite comfortable.

The R6 is definitely a monster on the track and very popular amongst track junkies. It handles like a hot knife through butter at high speeds and has most of its power in the upper RPMs.

CBRs are supposed to be great mid bikes between track and street - I've heard they do it all quite well.

Gixxers are very comfortable and has gobs of power in them - I would put them at a notch above the zx-6 which is saying a lot.

They all have tons of power, they will all perform on the street or the track, the differences there are mostly made up by the RIDER not the bike. Sit on each of them and see which is more comfortable and which position you like the most. I can say the R6 is the least comfortable and the zx-6 and gixxer are the most comfortable IMO. It's also nice having the midrange power the other bikes have that the r6 seems to be lacking in.

thurt88
February 1st, 2012, 03:07 AM
Never ridden an R6 but I own a CBR so my opinion can only cover he Honda. I bought mine because of Hondas reputation and Im glad I did. Its quick in and out of turns (not as nimble as the ninjette, but its alot bigger) and like others have said....... it has lots of mid range power (read that to mean its a unicycle if your not paying attention).

I DO NOT enjoy commuting on my Honda tho as my ride to work is ~30 mins highway. I mean, it handles great and the ride is almost climatic however.....The CBR has that sound that every cop has become aware of, usually by the time I get to work, my wrists and lower back are starting to become numb. Thats probably cos Im turning 40 this year and Im 6'1 and 240 lbs. Not in the best shape Ive ever been in. If I get stuck in a traffic jam, like parking lot time on the highway, my CBR likes to act like it wants to start getting hot.

Thats the only bad stuff that comes to mind. The Honda will do what your wanting easy.. and more. Ive never had it on a track but Id guess it perform on par with just about any 600cc superbike........ I mean, its a Honda.

When I bought mine I was looking at the Ducati monster and the Aprilia Shiver. I would have bought the Duc but the maintenance costs on those, just wow.

Skippii
February 1st, 2012, 05:54 AM
If it's all about how user-friendly it is commuting on the street, get a 650 Ninja. If you want to cut your commuting time in half, get the R6. The 09 and later zx6 was supposed to be the best of the big 4, but Honda wins before that. Triumph wins for originality and sexiness, but not much else. If you're a total masochist get a Ducati...it's got a riding position that will make the R6 and Daytona look like a sofa. Just don't do any 400 miles days if you're single like I did when I got one, because your wrists will be too....um..nevermind.
Posted via Mobile Device

choneofakind
February 1st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Well if they Daytona 675 is coming in to the picture here, my vote is on that. Mid-range and beautiful sound, and it's a narrower bike physically. :)

Live2ride
February 1st, 2012, 08:51 AM
I sat on an 08 cbr 600rr in a dealer along with an 08 r6, the cbr is the most comfortable sport bike I've sat on and the r6 was the least comfortable. I've heard that the cbr has a decently smooth power band and the r6 has all it's power up top. :2cents:

csmith12
February 1st, 2012, 08:52 AM
Both are very capable bikes. Here is what I mainly noticed;

Ergo - CBR is not as aggressive as the r6
Powerband - CBR is smother through the powerband, the r6 has surges of power around 6k and again at 12k
Handling - r6 edges the cbr out but not by much
Braking - CBR all the way
Looks - r6 all the way

For a every day rider I would go to with the cbr, if you just wanna ride the canyons and track then I would go r6

THE BIG SITT
February 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
Well if they Daytona 675 is coming in to the picture here, my vote is on that. Mid-range and beautiful sound, and it's a narrower bike physically. :)

Anyone with experience with them know how a 675 would be for short people? I've got short legs. I just barely flatfoot the Ninjette. I would think the narrow seating of the 675 would help...

choneofakind
February 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
If you can barely flatfloot a ninjette, you're going to have trouble with a supersport. I have a 29-30 inch inseam, and the CBR600 I rode was perfect for just being able to solidly plant my heels. My legs are half bent on the ninjette :rolleyes:

either lower it (dumb) or learn to only use one foot at a time, and walk it when you're in parking lots.

massacremasses
February 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM
my lowered his R6 I fit perfect on it. :)

I say lower it

Malicious Logic
February 1st, 2012, 09:54 AM
This could possibly help with the decision:

2006 Supersport Shootout Street
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/618/Motorcycle-Article/2006-Supersport-Shootout-IV-Street.aspx

"A"
February 1st, 2012, 10:16 AM
First of all, I'm glad you are still around.

Secondly, I hate to be the one saying this, but heal up before you start doing anything else.

Plenty of bikes to choose and ride later, your next bike doesn't have to be your last, get something that's cheap and easy to ride in the city.

I commute on 2-wheel in the city a bit, I can't imagine carrying a passenger on a Ninja 250 and zipping around in the city at 50mph through intersections, that's just risky business.. outcome, as you experienced, not so pleasant.

After you regain your physical abilities, you may find that what you used to on the bike may have changed and you may need a different bike entirely. You may still go back to sportbikes, but it might take more work than you think intially.

With a major debilitating incident within 10 months of riding, you should really consider hard what your next step might be. Motorcycling can be done at another time, but what else could be more important than keeping your physical abilities to make a decent living; so you can have motorcycling as part of your life later on.

CBR, R6, Daytona, which one doesn't matter.. life is short, make enough money and you can ride all the bikes you want.

Hey all, so after 10 months of riding, and modding my beautiful Jade i was cut off at an intersection by a cager making an illegal left turn on the day after christmas. He cut in front of me and I broadsided him doing about 50mph. My girl and I were ejected off the bike and launched over his hood. My girl had a concussion and alot of bruising and had to wear a neck brace for a month but she is doing much better now. I was not so lucky: I suffered 3 fractured ribs, a fractured vertebrae, collapsed lung, bruised liver, lacerated spleen and ruptured achilles tendon. I was in intensive care for a week. Tests showed my spleen healed well enuff it didnt need to be removed. I had a tube in my lung for 2 weeks. The chest is healing ok, still some pain tho. the worst is i just had surgery on my achilles and will need rehab and alot of time off my feet to heal. Hopefully I get cleared to ride again by the spring.

Yes, I am going to ride again. I actually cant wait to get back on a bike. People say im crazy, including my girl who is very against it but she loves and supports me and understands its in my blood.

So my 250 is gone and I will be getting a decent settlement and will be upgrading to a 600 when it comes thru.

My buddy has an 09 cbr600rr graffiti edition and he loves it. Everyone loves the CBRs from what i read.

I also have seen a couple 09 R6s that I like and have read good reviews as well.

I commute, ride twisties and hope to track next season. I may buy a cheap track bike eventually, but for now I need a street bike. I love supersports. My 250 was modded w clip ons and racing rearsets just to get a more aggressive riding position.

So I am looking for some feedback guys and gals. I have never ridden a 600. I rode dirt bikes as a kid and the ninjette was my first street bike. So anyone that has ridden the CBR and R6 lemme know what you think.

Thanks, and be careful out there ;)

Malicious Logic
February 1st, 2012, 10:21 AM
First of all, I'm glad you are still around.

Secondly, I hate to be the one saying this, but heal up before you start doing anything else.

Plenty of bikes to choose and ride later, your next bike doesn't have to be your last, get something that's cheap and easy to ride in the city.

I commute on 2-wheel in the city a bit, I can't imagine carrying a passenger on a Ninja 250 and zipping around in the city at 50mph through intersections, that's just risky business.. outcome, as you experienced, not so pleasant.

After you regain your physical abilities, you may find that what you used to on the bike may have changed and you may need a different bike entirely. You may still go back to sportbikes, but it might take more work than you think intially.

With a major debilitating incident within 10 months of riding, you should really consider hard what your next step might be. Motorcycling can be done at another time, but what else could be more important than keeping your physical abilities to make a decent living; so you can have motorcycling as part of your life later on.

CBR, R6, Daytona, which one doesn't matter.. life is short, make enough money and you can ride all the bikes you want.

Damn....you mean he's not gonna buy his new bike straight from the ICU?

massacremasses
February 1st, 2012, 10:27 AM
This could possibly help with the decision:

2006 Supersport Shootout Street
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/618/Motorcycle-Article/2006-Supersport-Shootout-IV-Street.aspx

awesome link.

Trailerboy531
February 1st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Damn....you mean he's not gonna buy his new bike straight from the ICU?
:pound:

reaubideux
February 1st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Anyone with experience with them know how a 675 would be for short people? I've got short legs. I just barely flatfoot the Ninjette. I would think the narrow seating of the 675 would help...

I've test ridden a D675; I'm about 5'8" and can easily flat-foot my Ninjette. I was able to stand w/the balls of my feet touching the ground on the D675 on even, flat pavement. The seat is ridiculously uncomfortable, IMHO, compared to the Ninjette. It felt like the seat is actually wider on the D675 than the Ninjette. It dug into my inner thighs when standing on it and if I was stopped at a stop light I found myself leaning all the way over to one leg to take the discomfort off my inner thighs.

The D675 was my dream bike but after the test ride and realizing that I'm mainly a commuter, I gave up that dream. I'm looking at a Street Triple for my next bike now.... eventually. :rolleyes:

Shaol1n Monk
February 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback thus far. Awesome 2006 link too.
also thanks "A" for the support. I am healing and not going to rush to ride till i am cleared. I also work as a stuntman so i have plenty of rehab to do before i can return to work.

Im not looking to rush into buying anything rt away either (tho if i could have bought a new bike rt out of the ICU i prob would have LMAO) but i like most of us i assume here on the site am an adrenaline junkie, thats why i ride and do stunts and parkour etc. I am very active usually and i have been stuck in my house not being able to walk or do ANYTHING besides sit around for a month and a half now..... IM GOING STIR CRAZY! the one thing that keeps me going is knowing i will return to the things i love eventually. I will be cleared to ride way before i am cleared to start doing flips and martial arts etc most likely so I am really looking forward to riding. Thats why I am doing my research now, so when spring comes and the docs clear me i will know what bike i am buying and i can hop back on the horse so to speak.

thanks again for the concern brothers and thanks for the feedback everyone.
rt now im prob leaning more towards the CBR, but that daytona is still very appealing. if its still available when i am cleared i think a test ride is def in order. :thumbup:

massacremasses
February 1st, 2012, 12:35 PM
yeah dude the d675 looks dope. If I was in your position (buying a new bike not being hurt lol) Id look at those for sure :D

gogoKawi
February 1st, 2012, 11:27 PM

Where are these bad reviews? The bike is great! I have no complaints except wanting a little more mid-range.

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 01:21 AM
Where are these bad reviews? The bike is great! I have no complaints except wanting a little more mid-range.

i actually just read a review of the 90 zx6r and they said it was completely redone to improve the faults of the previous years, and it scored highest on dyno tests and had the best lap times in a few reviews i read.

i was originally looking at the 07-08 zx6r cuz i love the undertail exhaust but i read a few places that the 09s were a huge improvement. dont remember where.

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 01:35 AM

heres a review on the 09s that discusses some of the drawbacks of the previous years and why kawa tweaked alot of the 09.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2009-kawasaki-zx6r-review-87541.html

Xoulrath
February 2nd, 2012, 07:41 AM

i actually just read a review of the 90 zx6r and they said it was completely redone to improve the faults of the previous years, and it scored highest on dyno tests and had the best lap times in a few reviews i read.

i was originally looking at the 07-08 zx6r cuz i love the undertail exhaust but i read a few places that the 09s were a huge improvement. dont remember where.

heres a review on the 09s that discusses some of the drawbacks of the previous years and why kawa tweaked alot of the 09.The thing to remember is that reviews are SUBJECTIVE and RELATIVE. In a shootout of 600s done by motorcycle.com (http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2008-supersport-shootout-cbr600rr-vs-daytona-675-vs-zx6r-vs-r6-vs-gsxr600-82371.html), they actually say that there is not a single thing wrong with the bike when looked at individually. It is only after comparing the ZX to the others in the test that they feel the bike is lacking. And that goes for anything in life.

If money is no object, then get an '09-up ZX or an '11-up GSX-R if you are shopping for 600s. But don't pass up a good deal on an '07-'08 because of "bad reviews". Any supersport with a displacement of 600cc or more built in the last 20 years will have more to offer than the majority of riders can use. I wouldn't sweat the decision too much. Get what you think looks best at the lowest price.

Nemesis
February 2nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Doesn't matter which bike you buy. The bike's only as good as the rider. Would have thought you'd learned that by now.

And with technology these days, all the bikes coming out these days are just about equal.

BTW, I have an '09 CBR600RR race bike as well and love it.

choneofakind
February 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
it scored highest on dyno tests and had the best lap times in a few reviews i read.

dyno tests don't really matter. Unless there's a significantly large percentage difference in hp numbers, the only time you're going to notice is if you ride them back to back on a track, at the limits of what the bike is capable of.

Besides, hp numbers are all going to be different for each bike based on how it's broken in, how it's ridden, compression, etc. While one ZX might make the most hp in the class, another ZX might not.

FWIW, I've heard the new ZX6R's are very biased towards the top end.

austexjg
February 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
The '09 ZX6R does launch like a rocket in the upper RPMs - the low end has not been an issue. I test rode an '09 CBR600RR before buying the ZX6R - liked everything except the fact it lacks a slipper clutch - I found that out the hard way during the test ride when I down shifted three gears without blipping ( I though the bike had a slipper clutch and wanted to test it ). But, that should not be an issue if you know it does not have one and blip. Plus, the Repsol CBR1000RR is really the Honda I want.

saxnbass
February 2nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Might be a silly question; what's a slipper clutch / what's it do?

austexjg
February 2nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
It allows the rear tire and engine to synch without the rear tire locking up when you down shift a couple of gears at speed.

"They are designed to partially disengage or "slip" when the rear wheel tries to drive the engine faster than it would run under its own power."

NDspd
February 2nd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Essentially like the name says, the clutch slips a little to keep the rear from locking up during heavy down shifts. Like in the situation Austexjg, without the slipper clutch the rear wheel skips since the engine RPMs and the wheel speed are different. With the slipper clutch it give the rear wheel some degree of slip so the engine can eventually catch up.

It just smooths things out, and keeps the rear from going out or becoming jumpy.

Does that help?

saxnbass
February 2nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
That does indeed. Guess I need to learn how to blip the throttle properly. I'm one of those, downshift and slowly release the clutch guys.

Nemesis
February 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
That does indeed. Guess I need to learn how to blip the throttle properly. I'm one of those, downshift and slowly release the clutch guys.

Funny...I do the same thing on my 250 and 600. And I know some FAST guys do the same thing, slipper clutch or not.

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
the lack of slipper clutch on the cbr is one of the things now steering me towrds an 09 zx. i had no issues blipping and downshifting and i also read good things about the Big Piston Shocks implemented that year.

my whole philosophy of buying is this:
if i am going to spend 7000 of my hard earned money then i want the absolute best product. i understand the rider makes the difference and its not gonna matter that much because all of the bikes in the 600 class will give me what i want from a riding standpoint.... i just want to make sure that i am getting the most advanced or best product for my money.

$7000 is what i am prob looking to spend and i have seen a couple 09 zx6rs with low miles. i also just came across an ad on CL for a 2010 R6 with only 150 miles on it. and its in my neighborhood. the guy emailed me his number and i may go check it out this weekend. idk if i want the R6 or not but i figure a 2010 with only 150 miles on it is practically brand new and worth a look see.
and being so close i can check it out now even on my crutches LOL

choneofakind
February 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
But a slipper clutch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipper_clutch) is only necessary when you're downshifting in the high rpms to the point where the engine would be turning at a higher rpm than is safe.

Slipper clutches eliminate this extra loading on the rear suspension giving riders a more predictable ride and minimize the risk of over-reving the engine during downshifts

Think about how hard racers ride. That's when a slipper is needed. For a street bike, slipper clutches aren't a deal breaker.

Go for the bike that is the least uncomfortable, and best suits your needs.

Nemesis
February 2nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
But a slipper clutch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipper_clutch) is only necessary when you're downshifting in the high rpms to the point where the engine would be turning at a higher rpm than is safe.

Think about how hard racers ride. That's when a slipper is needed. For a street bike, slipper clutches aren't a deal breaker.

Exactly!!!

But you're not going to convince those who's minds are already set. Either way, all bikes these days are good.

Get whatever your heart desires.

alex.s
February 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM

Go for the bike that is the least uncomfortable, and best suits your needs.

you mean you DONT drop 5 gears in a single clutch throw on the street???

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
Well, I just spoke w the 2010 R6 guy and turns out he literally lives right across the street frm me! LITERALLY!

He bought the bike and rode it 3 times then bought a Busa so he is selling it for what he owes on it. I am going to go check it out today when he gets home.

alex.s
February 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
deleted; IM RETARDO

Nemesis
February 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
deleted; IM RETARDO

Quoted so Kevin could have so fun with this. :D

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
LOL

i am buying used, but a 2010 with 150 miles is practically new for a used price! :thumbup:

My neighbor rode it 3 times then bought a Hyabusa, hes selling it for what he owes on it, which is 7000. heres a pic.

not totally sold on it, but im gonna look at it today. too good a deal not to at least consider it right?

if i did buy it i already see what i gotta mod: flushmount front signals, slip on exhaust, fender eliminator and shorty levers!

alex.s
February 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
my opinion; 7000 for an r6 is too much when you can get one with higher miles in exactly the same condition for thousands less. miles mean nothing.

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
my opinion; 7000 for an r6 is too much when you can get one with higher miles in exactly the same condition for thousands less. miles mean nothing.

really??? cuz all the ones i have seen for sale around here are around 7500 and thats for an 09 with 6-10k on it
he said it still has a three year warranty on it as well

alex.s
February 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
its your money but asking price is never selling price.

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
i hear ya, looking at CL there are some R6s for 4-5000 but they are all 05-06 years w high miles. most of the 08 09s are asking between 6-7000 or more
like i said, im not completely sold yet, but the bike new sells for over 10,000 and this one is practically new w the warranty and all.

KBB lists a 2010 R6 in perfect condition at $7,720

alex.s
February 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
KBB is a joke, first of all. and like i said, asking price is ridiculous, especially on craigslist. none of those bikes will sell for that price, save a few bought by impatient buyers.

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
well if i like it i can always offer him less ;)

alex.s
February 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
always haggle

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
yea i hear ya. it also depends on how much i get from my settlement from the "accident"

my lawyer says its a big money case so im hoping i can spend that much on a bike. im not the sue-happy type but this guy took a year of my life from me pretty much, cuz thats how long its gonna take to get myself back into the shape i was in when he cut me off. i was doing front and back flips, 720 kicks, butterfly twists, and was working semi regularly doing stunts in films. gonna take alot of rehab to get my achilles back into shape for that stuff.

Trailerboy531
February 2nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Wow across the street hahah that's beautifully lucky. Hope this all works out for you man. I still think you should get a Ducati and let me ride it though :p

Shaol1n Monk
February 2nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Wow across the street hahah that's beautifully lucky. Hope this all works out for you man. I still think you should get a Ducati and let me ride it though :p

yea max, pretty convenient.
i would love a ducati but for what i would pay for that i can have the R6 AND a 2001 SV 650 R Race Bike for the track! :thumbup:

now THAT would be sweet!

Trailerboy531
February 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Your logic is undeniable and sensible.

get the Ducati. :D

choneofakind
February 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
:laugh:

WebMasterP
February 11th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Honestly, they're both really good bikes. Decide if a slipper clutch matters to you (my monster 796 has one, it's nice, but not necessary, I didn't have one on my 250R and I was just fine blipping on the way down). If it doesn't, just get whichever you can find a good deal on. I like the looks of the CBR better, so I'd probably get a CBR. I was cross shopping the Monster 696, CBR600RR, and the Daytona 675 when I bought my new bike. I ended up with a 796 because of fuel economy and ride height over the 696, but I would have been very happy with the other two.

Ninja-KID
October 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I sat on all 4 bikes 2009 and up. I like the way the r6 looks but it's riding position sucks. Cbr wasn't the best looking one but had the best riding position. The gsxr was ok all around. Zx6r was too big.