View Full Version : totally got rear ended today....

realmess
February 2nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
Well it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it sounds. I was at a stop light. I was using the clutch and gas to keep myself from rolling back since i was kind of on an incline. as it turns green i hear a screech and a rough bump. :confused: for a split second i thought i had began to peel out but somehow stopped myself from doing so by pulling the break [although i didn't even pull it]. Well as soon as i realized that i couldn't move my bike i look back and this chick had totally rearended me. oh by the way this all happened within like 30 seconds. haha i was kind of pissed. :mad: i got off and looked at my bike and her car pushed up against my rear wheel. :angry7: I didnt have to hold up my bike or put the kick stand down since for some reason her bumper had kind of crushed in around my rear wheel so the pressure was holding it up. after she backed up i pushed my bike out of the street and began to check it out. after a quick assesement i realized that nothing was wrong with it and you could only tell that something had happened on the stock fender. As she approched me scared out of her mind and practically shitting herself i told her hey its ok. nothing happened to me and it seems like nothing happened to my bike. i told her she could leave. she couldnt believe i just told her that. i rode around the block to see if i noticed any difference in how the ninjette rode and i didnt feel a thing. so i rode back to school and went to class. on my way to class i thought to myself that i should have gotten her info just in case did notice something odd about how it rode. but well its too late now. so yeah thats what happened to me today :eek: some luck today

Scattcatt
February 2nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
Glad to hear you're okay and all is well! That could have totally ended on a MUCH worse note... For both of you. You did the right thing by keeping your cool and telling her that it was "okay", not much really gets settled effectively with angry individuals.

alex.s
February 2nd, 2012, 01:43 AM
she did you a favor getting rid of that ugly fender

gadgetguy1288
February 2nd, 2012, 03:57 AM

Haha, This.

And was she cute? If so you couldve used it as an excuse to get her number. :cool::p

Live2ride
February 2nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Glad to hear your alright. I think this thread (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=964&highlight=fender+eliminator) might help you out. :thumbup:

gilmorec61
February 2nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Scary man, glad to hear that all it was was a little bump! Anymore, and you mighta been sitting right next to her! But anyways, glad the bike and you area-okay :)

Slono
February 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
Was she sexting while driving?

realmess
February 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
haha yeah i realized that **** could have ended much worse so since nothing happened i was like meh no harm no fowl.

hahaha yeah not i think i am going to have to to the fender mod. thanks Live2Ride definitely gonna get around to doint this now.

**** for all i know she could have been. maybe thats y when we pulled over it took her like 5 minutes to get out of her car. could have been putting her clothes back on. and fyi imo she wasnt good looking thats y i didnt use the opportunity lol.

FrugalNinja250
February 2nd, 2012, 11:45 AM
Check your chain adjustment and look at your swing arm to see that the tubes are straight, not buckled.

massacremasses
February 2nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah I would have gotten her info at least. I probably would have called the police just to have it documented and such...

Not to be a dick, but just to be on the safe side and cover myself.

koenigcitizen
February 2nd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Glad you are ok, it definitely could have been much worse...

I agree with others, police should have been called, and you should have gotten her info...

Just in case, if you find some damage later..

Be safe!

Malicious Logic
February 2nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Good to hear it definitely as bad as it sounds and glad you're ok. I would've definitely gotten her information but 'least you just kept your cool.

cbdallas
February 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
One of my many character flaws is that my mind immediately goes to what COULD'VE happened. She woulda got an earful from me. There's never an excuse for rear-ending someone, I don't care how hard or soft of a tap it was.

RaZeDaHeLL
February 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM

I agree :p

Skippii
February 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM
I was using the clutch and gas to keep myself from rolling back since i was kind of on an incline.

This is just about the absolute worst thing you can do to your clutch. Use your brakes.

Slono
February 3rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
This is just about the absolute worst thing you can do to your clutch. Use your brakes.

+1

Mountain Dew
February 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Thankfully it didn't turn out like my friend's friend

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407292_262298700505809_100001770428046_609979_99945197_n.jpg

koenigcitizen
February 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Thankfully it didn't turn out like my friend's friend

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407292_262298700505809_100001770428046_609979_99945197_n.jpg

My fiancee wants to start riding, and stuff like this terrifies me. I accept the dangers when I ride myself, but I am afraid I will actually kill a person, if they hurt or endanger my fiancee like that.