View Full Version : Yoshimura Full Exhaust

Alex
June 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Not sure if I'll be getting one of these, but I have to admit it sounds much better than I would have ever expected...

OdT7Po7OEvE

randobad
August 14th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Check this out

i9sVn4ovkg8

and this one:

iX9IpAzbb7E

Alex
August 14th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Fixed 'em for you. To have them show up in the post, just put the video ID between these tags:

i9sVn4ovkg8

islanderman7
December 2nd, 2008, 10:34 AM
Not sure if I'll be getting one of these, but I have to admit it sounds much better than I would have ever expected...

What exhaust did you end up putting on?

At first I wanted to get the yoshi because the idle sounds pretty good, however when the bike get going it sounds like a weed eater to me.

Been listening to the sound of Area P and Two Bros. I think they sound more mean/deep compared to the yoshi. But the best one so far is the leo vince. But its out of my budget.

p6LgxAOIXcc

szHjcdSsg_8

Alex
December 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM

Still stock...

ak_907_ak
December 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
I just bought the full yoshi, and I gotta say; It sounds much better in person.
Now i gotta wait till the ice melts so i can experience it WOT!

vonbeezy
December 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM

At first I wanted to get the yoshi because the idle sounds pretty good, however when the bike get going it sounds like a weed eater to me.

Been listening to the sound of Area P and Two Bros. I think they sound more mean/deep compared to the yoshi. But the best one so far is the leo vince. But its out of my budget.

LOVE my leo vince slip on!!! and it was only like 120 shipped. theres another vid on youtube with my bike somewhere i need to put some high rpm shots on there

stevenz1g
December 7th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I'm going to tell you a lil' secret that'll save you a couple of bills --

My buddy's jardine ('08) slip-on sounds exactly like that of those exhausts in the videos.

islanderman7
December 8th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Well I ended up with an Area P exhaust. I felt $500 was worth the money spent on a Full System as compared to a $450 Slip On from Two-Bros.

Because of my ego! I wanted a Full System and not a Slip-On.

kkim
December 8th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Well I ended up with an Area P exhaust. I felt $500 was worth the money spent on a Full System as compared to a $450 Slip On from Two-Bros.

Because of my ego! I wanted a Full System and not a Slip-On. It's not ego, it's the better choice for the money. You'll love the AP. :thumbup:

Which one did you end up getting?

islanderman7
December 8th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Standard CF. My god its so freaking loud.:eek: Had to take off my hearing aids to make it bearable. But I like it.:p

aloh
December 10th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I'm still debating about which exhaust to get. The AreaP seems to be the most economical and gives good gains. Ive heard the QC version in person (thanks Kurosaki) and i like it. The only "downside" i can think of is that it doesnt look as flashy as the yoshi or leo vince.

Bone_Head311
December 10th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I love my yoshi exhaust. Looks great. sounds great. CF of course.
And the kicker its on the quickest of the ninjas. Does that make it quicker than the quickiest?

vonbeezy
December 10th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I feel like i have just been "Seusse'd"

Supra
December 20th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Thought I would add another video of what the Full CF Yoshimura exhaust sounds like.

Here's a vid of my bike with it on.

JZaUHx_Udqk

Ninja007
December 21st, 2008, 04:30 PM
hey guys, I'm brand new to this forum. got a message from kkim (props to you!) on the kawaskiforum.com forum. just had a quick quesiton: for those of you who have the yoshi full exhaust system, it's pretty easy to install, right? I mean, it's pretty much plug and chug, no?

kkim
December 21st, 2008, 04:37 PM
hey guys, I'm brand new to this forum. got a message from kkim (props to you!) on the kawaskiforum.com forum. just had a quick quesiton: for those of you who have the yoshi full exhaust system, it's pretty easy to install, right? I mean, it's pretty much plug and chug, no?

Welcome to the forum. :)

As with any aftermarket exhaust, you may have to adjust your jetting as the exhaust makes the bike even leaner than it comes from the factory. You'll do no harm to the bike riding it with the can and stock jetting, but I'd leave the snorkel in until you richen up the mixture. Easiest way to richen the mixture is to shim the needles.

What does Yoshimura recommend?

Ninja007
December 21st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. :)

As with any aftermarket exhaust, you may have to adjust your jetting as the exhaust makes the bike even leaner than it comes from the factory. You'll do no harm to the bike riding it with the can and stock jetting, but I'd leave the snorkel in until you richen up the mixture. Easiest way to richen the mixture is to shim the needles.

What does Yoshimura recommend?

Yeah, Yoshimura recommends that your jet with the Dynojet jet kit. I have the jet kit already, just haven't installed it yet. I'll wait to the spring when things warmen up a bit (it's bloody -10 here!) to install the jet kit and then simultaneously install the yoshi exhaust too. thanks man!

kkim
December 21st, 2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah, Yoshimura recommends that your jet with the Dynojet jet kit. I have the jet kit already, just haven't installed it yet. I'll wait to the spring when things warmen up a bit (it's bloody -10 here!) to install the jet kit and then simultaneously install the yoshi exhaust too. thanks man!

check out the DIYs in the new gen tech forum on jetting when you have the time.

Ninja007
December 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
aye, I most definitly will...I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm willing to learn and put in the elbow grease...

kkim
December 21st, 2008, 05:30 PM
aye, I most definitly will...I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm willing to learn and put in the elbow grease...

learn the theory first, then start learning how to work on your bike by doing the basic maintenance items... oil change, nut and bolt tightening, chain slack adjustment, attending to tire air pressure, etc. When you feel comfortable, do easy upgrade kinda stuff, then when confident, tackle the more challenging DIYs. Go slow, don't panic and you'll be fine. :) We all had to learn somehow.

Ninja007
December 21st, 2008, 08:58 PM
learn the theory first, then start learning how to work on your bike by doing the basic maintenance items... oil change, nut and bolt tightening, chain slack adjustment, attending to tire air pressure, etc. When you feel comfortable, do easy upgrade kinda stuff, then when confident, tackle the more challenging DIYs. Go slow, don't panic and you'll be fine. :) We all had to learn somehow.

yeah, I've already done some minor mods and depsite my being new to this, I've had pretty good luck. a lot of patience, and good luck. besides, I learn so much from the forums, I love it! :thumbup: