View Full Version : it finally happened

delcoco_ninja
February 15th, 2012, 11:26 AM
i knew it would come one day...i've been riding since august and i finally dropped it today. i really don't even know what happened but i'll do my best to explain.

its about 45 degrees out, and i had just started riding. i rode a block down the street to my friends house and pulled into his uphill driveway. its pretty steep so i usually just give a little gas and play with the clutch. but i think what happened was 1.) my tires are cold 2.) his driveway was damp and cold 3.) it was uphill and i was kind of slanted, and so when i 4.) accidentally popped the clutch out too fast, it just slid out beneath me. i think my tires are a little low on pressure too which could have been a factor

it happened so fast, one second i was fine and the next i was on the ground. really weird. my foot was actually beneath the bike I'm lucky it didn't do any damage to my leg. i picked it up in 1 second and looked around to see if anyone saw...no one did, at least that i could see. so my ego isn't damaged that bad, haha.

no damage to the bike. not new anyway. pretty much the same thing happened to the previous owner, so there was a very minor scratch on the fairings from before. other than that nothing, so i lucked out there too.

everybody gets one. lesson learned - be aware of my surroundings. also, i'm not invincible to dropping my bike, it can EVEN happen to me, ha. this is my first post in here, and hopefully my last...

outasight20
February 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Congrats on mustering up the courage to admit you dropped it! I dropped my bike about a week after getting it, felt awful and thought I screwed it up badly, but only damage was a broken signal and bent clutch lever. Fixed er up and never looked back.

akima
February 15th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Glad you're ok. I think cold tyres can be pretty bad:
5pl8D3iz8B8

nickjpass
February 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Sucks to see a bike go down, and sorry to hear about yours!

Scattcatt
February 15th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Congrats on mustering up the courage to admit you dropped it! I dropped my bike about a week after getting it, felt awful and thought I screwed it up badly, but only damage was a broken signal and bent clutch lever. Fixed er up and never looked back.

+1 :D I STILL haven't admitted to dropping my bike! Oh wait... Just did :rolleyes: Glad to hear you and the bike are okay though :thumbup:

nickjpass
February 15th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Scattcatt

http://tinyurl.com/6w23nl5

Scattcatt
February 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Scattcatt

http://tinyurl.com/6w23nl5

Yeah yeah... I'll considered it :p

nickjpass
February 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Keep the thread going :p

NDspd
February 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I've been good so far, no drops since September. But, everyonce in a while I get a reality check....sometimes the rear gets out of line, your butt puckers and you ride it out.

I accidentally ran over a painted line this morning on a very foggy wet road. Almost immediately the rear wheel briefly lost traction, I gently rolled off the throttle and turned off the line.

Glad you're ok man.