View Full Version : Would ya look at that butt!

outasight20
February 21st, 2012, 08:04 PM
Sold my '03 Ninjette on Saturday. Picked up this beauty today. 2005 Yamaha FZ6 with 13K miles on it. This thing is a beast, SO MUCH POWAAAA

A nice ass shot and the FZ6 quietly posing for the camera.

bob706
February 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM
Congrats :thumbup:

r311music
February 21st, 2012, 08:31 PM
Very nice. I'm considering an FZ6 for an everyday commuter. How do you like it so far?

outasight20
February 21st, 2012, 08:41 PM
I've only ridden it 30 miles so far, but I already love it! Seating position seems very natural and comfortable, not leaned over at all. Wind protection is good. Power is incredibly smooth and crisp. Its there even at 3K RPM in 6th gear. Not a lot, but it's there. Once you hit 7K rpm and up, you better hold on tight!

It just feels more planted and precise than the Ninja did, probably due to the suspension and weight/tires. Also very little vibration comes through the bars/pegs. So far it's a blast!

NDspd
February 22nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Glad you're having fun with the new bike man. For me i just prefer the SS feel, I am a really flexible guy (yeah I know what you other guys are thinking) and I don't mind long miles on the low bars.

Plus I just love the look of a SS, mainly because i hang around tons of exotic cars.

outasight20
February 22nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
I sat on a ZX6-R, CBR, and GSXR at the dealership. They all felt similar. I just didn't like the leaned forward seating position. To each his own I suppose. I like the FZ6 because it's got near SS power but much more comfort.

Havok
February 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Nice bike! I have and 07 I have been riding for just under a year and love it! Perfect 600 street bike IMHO.