View Full Version : Dash light out

NDspd
February 27th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I just realized my fuel indicator light, the one that lights the dash up at night, has gone out. Is there an easy way to replace the bulb yourself very easily or will I have to go to the shop?

The Tach and the speedo are fine, it's just the right one.

00NissanNinja
February 27th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Easy enough, If you feel confident enough to take the front cowl off. There are arrows in my pic to show you the bulbs that light up the gauge cluster. One you want is on the left

NDspd
February 27th, 2012, 09:09 PM
If only I had enough time this week and the next. I have finals coming up :(

Looks like I may have the shop do the bulb, the 7,000 mile service and the brake pads at the same time. Just to get it all done with at the same time.

choneofakind
February 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Don't you have spring break coming up after that? just do all the work yourself. Valve adjustments really aren't that bad, except that you'll have to do some math and figure out what size shims you need, and go to the dealer and get the right size ones.

Brake pads and the lightbulb will take 35 minutes max.

MikeBudd
February 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Plus if you do it yourself you save like 300 bucks lol. Totally worth it to learn more about your bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

choneofakind
February 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
^^ that's what got me learning maintenance. I'm cheap as hell. At first I was hesitant and didn't want to do all that work, then I saw a $300 price tag, and my immediate thought was, alright let's do this bitch. where's my tools :lol:

00NissanNinja
February 29th, 2012, 01:42 AM
If only I had enough time this week and the next. I have finals coming up :(

Looks like I may have the shop do the bulb, the 7,000 mile service and the brake pads at the same time. Just to get it all done with at the same time.

Finals already? Its only just midterms time for me, well good look with those.

Getting to the bulbs really isn't that bad. If you have small hands you may even be able to get up there and get to it without taking everything off, but you would have to know what you are pulling since you can't see up there that easily.
Can't speak on valve adjustments since I haven't done it before but soon I will be.
Spring Break can't come soon enough haha

NDspd
February 29th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Finals already? Its only just midterms time for me, well good look with those.

Getting to the bulbs really isn't that bad. If you have small hands you may even be able to get up there and get to it without taking everything off, but you would have to know what you are pulling since you can't see up there that easily.
Can't speak on valve adjustments since I haven't done it before but soon I will be.
Spring Break can't come soon enough haha

Yeah man, Spring Break for me starts on the 13th of next month.

I don't really have small hands, but not seeing what I'm working on is like shooting with a rifle backwards blindfolded, half drunk, and the target is a gentleman's suit button, perched upon a golden record of AC/DC...so yeah not something I want to do. :p

NDspd
February 29th, 2012, 04:54 AM
^^ that's what got me learning maintenance. I'm cheap as hell. At first I was hesitant and didn't want to do all that work, then I saw a $300 price tag, and my immediate thought was, alright let's do this bitch. where's my tools :lol:

I would love to learn and all that, but I don't have the tools to do it. And if I do something wrong, I'm out of my one and only mode of transport. If I had a car then yeah I might do it.