View Full Version : Car cut in front of me and I smacked into them

christbennett429
March 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
So my wife and I were driving about 40 miles an hour and a car jumped in front of us trying to turn illegally and I had no choice but to run smack into their driver side door. It fractured my l2 vertabrae in my back, hurt my shoulder, and leg, and I have road rash on my left leg. My wife bit through her tongue and had 4 stiches and is sore. The bike has a bent shifter, the headlight and instrument cluster are shattered. The headlight bracket is busted, and the front fairing and front fender and all cracked and broke. Also the handlebars are broken off. Any advice? I wanna fix it as long as it takes granted the frame isnt bent and the forks are straight. Chris

Alex
March 5th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Youch! It sounds like you are both incredibly lucky to get out of that accident with the just the injuries you received! My hunch is that the forks are bent and the frame is tweaked, anything that breaks the whole cluster and the handlebars off is going to do significant damage in that area around the steering stem. Have someone with experience with these bikes take a peek, but my hunch is you may be better starting off with a replacement ninjette and using this one for spare parts.

christbennett429
March 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, funny enough I was looking at the bike and the forks look straight, the bike rolls straight, and neither the front tire or wheel are damaged. I was in the process of stopping quickly and wonder if the bike lifted from behind alittle and threw us and happened to hit just right to break those items? Also anyone have these laying around for cheap? Chris

thisisbenji
March 5th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash. Who got the ticket?

christbennett429
March 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I assume they did, I was unconcious and didnt wakeup with one, only the other drivers info filled out by apd. I wokeup just long enough to try to take off my helmet and have someone yell at me then next time I was in the hospital.

christbennett429
March 5th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Does anyone know what the bracket that holds the headlight in place and the instrument cluster is called? Also any idea about how much it would run? Also I welcome any other opinions on this project. Thanks. Chris

dino74
March 5th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know what the bracket that holds the headlight in place and the instrument cluster is called? Also any idea about how much it would run? Also I welcome any other opinions on this project. Thanks. Chris

I think its called a front stay. About a year ago, I picked up one for $85

MikeBudd
March 6th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Goodluck getting better, with all the insurance stuff, and fixing your bike.

Triple check that everything is straight on the frame and on the forks before things start getting fixed.

PS: Why isn't their insurance company rebuilding it for you?

christbennett429
March 6th, 2012, 05:02 AM
On the insurance portion there was no company info filled out just a policy number, so I have a personal injury lawyer looking into it. The wreck just happened friday. Also dont they normally damage out older bikes and give a small amount?

n4mwd
March 6th, 2012, 05:42 AM
On the insurance portion there was no company info filled out just a policy number, so I have a personal injury lawyer looking into it. The wreck just happened friday. Also dont they normally damage out older bikes and give a small amount?

The amount you get for the bike will be negligible compared to the personal injury. The photos look like its being held in bike jail somewhere. I suggest you get it back home ASAP. The longer its there, the harder it will be to get it back. They are probably charging you an impound/storage fee of $250/day or some other ridiculous amount.

Because they wont pay you much for the bike, I suggest you concentrate on the personal injury. Since you already have a lawyer, he will likely tell you the same thing. If your L2 fracture is easily visible on an x-ray, then you can expect a substantial jury award. Probably in the $100K to $200K range. As such, I would make them give you the bike back and not even claim it because the amount you get for personal injury will be so much more. Otherwise, you may end up with a salvage title or worse.

Also, since you were unconscious, that means you had a concussion and probably other head trauma. In this case, your helmet probably saved your life. Does it look smashed up?

CZroe
March 6th, 2012, 05:42 AM

It should still be enough to replace it at market value.

Motofool
March 6th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I agree with n4mwd; you should make the legal process and the insurance claims your top priority now.
The bike is fixable, but that should be a secondary thing for you.

Regarding the damage, it is very possible that your hypothesis about the position of the bike at the instant of the impact is correct.
Blows to the front tire have enough lever to deform the forks and frame.
If the impact happened on the upper clamps and instruments, those may be straight still.

It may be useful trying to see the damage of the car in order to figure out the impact zones.

Wish you the best outcome and the minimum impact to your wife's and your health

Nemesis
March 6th, 2012, 08:08 AM
My advice would be if you're only riding the street than ditch the 250 and get yourself a bigger bike since the braking power is much stronger than the 250 especially if you're riding 2up.

christbennett429
March 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I am getting the bike out tomorrow as soon as I get my paycheck. ITs going to be 300 but the bike has alot of sentimental value to me, also ive seen you can get a frame for 99.00 on ebay though im sure that has its own legal issues involved.

akima
March 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM
christbennett429: that's so horrible. Scary situation. Glad you guys are relatively ok. Was it surreal waking up in the street like that and then in the hospital?

Same question as always: the accident didn't sound at all like your fault (the cage driver is to blame), but blame aside: is there anything you could have done differently before or during the situation that would have made it more likely that you'd get out of that horrid situation without a crashing?

christbennett429
March 6th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately there wasnt much I could have done differently, I have thought about that so much since the wreck and the sad truth is no. And I always figured my experience would save me even if others were bad drivers. It is a weird experience and funny enough I know to leave my helmet on till help arrives but all I could think about was getting the helmet off lol.

Jono
March 7th, 2012, 01:10 PM
If you are positive the forks and triple tree are straight then the frame will almost definitely still be straight. But take off the front forks and roll them on a flat surface and look for a wobble to see if they are straight. If they are slightly bent then the frame could possibly be tweaked.

I crashed my bike like 3 months ago and my front end didn't look as bad as yours does and I had a bent front fork bent lower triple tree and later discovered that the frame was bent. IT CAN BE VERY HARD TO TELL. Take the front end apart and look at it very closely. It can turn into a money pit very quickly.

Goodluck. Glad you are alright.

christbennett429
March 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks jono for that bit of info, I will check it real good and see. Chris

drac
March 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM
If I was intent on fixing that thing for minimum cost the first thing I would do was strip the front end and inspect every weld with a magnifying glass. I would then go to a dealer with a cloth tape measure and take some measurement real quick for comparison. Yes the measurements would be rough but at least something to compare with. Check the forks and stick it back together. Take some REAL easy rides to see how the bike handles and also test out some serious braking maneuvers .......

Not advising you as to your course of action just telling you how I would do it.

I will tell you that I would never FULLY trust a bike that had been smashed up that bad regardless of whether I did the fix or had a mechanic check it over and do the work. Hell I have never FULLY trusted any of the street bike I have had unless I bought them brand spanking new. But that's just me. I am funny like that. Not to say I haven't ridden the piss out of some of the used bike I have owned but in the back of my mind I always had that smidgen of doubt.

Anyway, glad the incident wasn't more serious than it was and I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.

psych0hans
March 9th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Sorry to read about the crash, Good luck with the insurance case and Hope you and your wife both have speedy recoveries... God bless and Ride safe!!!

christbennett429
March 9th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Thank you, that means alot. Chris

nickjpass
March 9th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I'm just curious? What gear were you wearing?

christbennett429
March 9th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I had a fieldsheer armored mesh jacket on with a dot full face helmet and gloves. unfortunately I had shorts and tennis shoes on because it was a short trip and hot out.

nickjpass
March 9th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I see. Did you collide with the car (your body)? Or did you just fly over it? I just want a visual. I'm can't say you're a-okay, but, I'm glad you're not worse :)

christbennett429
March 9th, 2012, 09:29 PM
When I wrecked The bike went right into the driver side door of the ford focus and it threw me into the car then I landed on the ground and heard then felt the bike hit the car and slide into me from there.

nickjpass
March 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM
When I wrecked The bike went right into the driver side door of the ford focus and it threw me into the car then I landed on the ground and heard then felt the bike hit the car and slide into me from there.

Ugh sounds painful...get better.

Malicious Logic
March 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Glad to hear you and your wife are ok. Sounds like things could've been a lot worse.

As for your bike, I can understand the sentimental value bit. Let me ask you this though...you brought up finding a frame for $99. If you replace the frame, and from what it sounds like, the whole front end, is it even the same bike? You've got another bikes frame and completely different parts. Just saying...

christbennett429
March 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM
You have a point, I think its just easier for me to go piece by piece to have something to look forward to than to save the money and buy a new bike. Also the frame looks good, no chipped paint or bent metal.

christbennett429
March 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Just an update, I checked the frame real good and no chipped paint or broken welds, also no cracks. Forks are straight, and I just replaced the handlebar risers and rebuilt the handlebar setups. I took the bike for a ride through the neighborhood slow at first but gradually increased speed alittle, then went to cornering and all went well. I still need to find a front fairing for the bike and I noticed that the clutch does not fully disengage when the bike is on the center stand and it is pulled in. I adjusted the clutch cable but no luck. Aside from that and minor adjustments the worst is out of the way. Chris

CZroe
March 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Just an update, I checked the frame real good and no chipped paint or broken welds, also no cracks. Forks are straight, and I just replaced the handlebar risers and rebuilt the handlebar setups. I took the bike for a ride through the neighborhood slow at first but gradually increased speed alittle, then went to cornering and all went well. I still need to find a front fairing for the bike and I noticed that the clutch does not fully disengage when the bike is on the center stand and it is pulled in. I adjusted the clutch cable but no luck. Aside from that and minor adjustments the worst is out of the way. Chris
They all do that, or at least mine does and I've been told it's normal. My clutch is actually close to worn out and yet my rear tire spins when on the stand and in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in. I took the chain off while warming it up in neutral and then the front sprocket spins in neutral too! It's probably just fluidic drag or something, like being in a boat's wake and being pulled along slightly.

akima
March 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM
They all do that, or at least mine does and I've been told it's normal. My clutch is actually close to worn out and yet my rear tire spins when on the stand and in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in. I took the chain off while warming it up in neutral and then the front sprocket spins in neutral too! It's probably just fluidic drag or something, like being in a boat's wake and being pulled along slightly.

Damn-it: just did a hunt for a post where someone (maybe choneofakind or alex.s) eloquently explained that even with the clutch lever fully pulled in, it's normal for there to still be some contact between the plates. Couldn't find it. :(

n4mwd
March 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mine does that too, plus it grabs when I pop it into first when its cold. Its just how they work. Nothing to worry about. Congrats on getting it going again.

choneofakind
March 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
It's in faq.ninja250.org where they talk about that little jolt that you get when you put in in gear the first time after starting it cold.

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/My_bike_jolts_forward_when_I_put_it_in_gear_after_first_starting_it;_is_this_nor mal%3F

christbennett429
March 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks, im religious when it comes to maintanance and adjustment on my bike but for some reason I couldnt remember if it did that before or not.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know of a good fairingless front turn signal setup?

choneofakind
March 11th, 2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82775

This is the headlight wayanlam used when he went street fighter

n4mwd
March 12th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Out of curiousity, does anyone know of a good fairingless front turn signal setup?

Yuck. You should have plenty of bucks from the insurance to pay for the proper plastics. Why parade your bike through town without any clothes on?

christbennett429
March 12th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I had liability only with no uninsured rider coverage and we only got a policy number from the police report so it might be some time before I see any money. I have an attorney working on it now. Chris

n4mwd
March 12th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I had liability only with no uninsured rider coverage and we only got a policy number from the police report so it might be some time before I see any money. I have an attorney working on it now. Chris

Last I heard, insurance isn't required in Texas on cars, so I don't see any reason for him to lie about it. You should have his contact information. Just call him and ask for the necessary information.

If your attorney hasn't gotten the basics done yet, maybe you need a different attorney. The attorney you select makes all the difference. A friend of mine got a good one and while Allstate refused to pay anything on the claim, the attorney sends them a letter simply announcing that he is on the case, and suddenly Allstate pays the policy maximum without ever having to file a lawsuit. But another friend wasn't so lucky. She got a sucky lawyer and after several years, she barely got enough money to buy the gas to drive to the lawyers office and pick up the check.

I don't know any lawyers in Texas and the good one I mentioned was later paid a huge some of money by the insurance companies to "retire".:(

choneofakind
March 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Last I heard, insurance isn't required in Texas on cars

:jaw:

RedOctober
March 12th, 2012, 04:40 PM
There is state required minimum coverage here in TX.

n4mwd
March 12th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I wasn't sure. I know that TN and a few others didn't require it several years ago. I don't know about now. I thought TX was one of them. It was a whole lot cheaper too because they couldn't just charge people whatever they felt like. Florida still has no bike insurance requirement.

Kstorm21
March 13th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I wasn't sure. I know that TN and a few others didn't require it several years ago. I don't know about now. I thought TX was one of them. It was a whole lot cheaper too because they couldn't just charge people whatever they felt like. Florida still has no bike insurance requirement.

I know Virginia was one...when my brother was stationed there he had full coverage for $20/month.

I don't know any lawyers in Texas and the good one I mentioned was later paid a huge some of money by the insurance companies to "retire".

That's funny....she must of been pretty darn good.

n4mwd
March 13th, 2012, 04:42 AM
That's funny....she must of been pretty darn good.

Actually, it was a guy. He must have made the insurance companies pee their pants because I'm told that waiting two years for a a settlement is not that uncommon. He got it in a week just by announcing that he was on the case. The check arrived literally about a week later. The irony is that my friend would have easily settled for half that if Allstate would have offered it without him having to hire an attorney. Instead, Allstate was obstinate and lowballed him with a max offer of $5K which was only a fraction of the medical bills ($50K). So Allstate shot themselves in the foot because he really didn't have a choice but to hire an attorney.

christbennett429
March 13th, 2012, 11:18 PM
So its random but I had my first set of drinks since the accident tonight and I was remembering the accident and what happened. I guess its personal thoughts but that car must have cut in front of me damn close for me not to be able to slow down enough or stop to keep from hitting them. I have ridden it a bit since and still alot of fun but cant imagine going into traffic or on the streets. Same type of feeling I had going into public when I first came back from Iraq. Another random thing but my front fairing, headlight, instrument cluster, and main stay bracket were all shattered to pieces, but my lower fairing and forks were never touched, kinda weird. Anyway just random things going through my head. Chris

Kstorm21
March 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM
So its random but I had my first set of drinks since the accident tonight and I was remembering the accident and what happened. I guess its personal thoughts but that car must have cut in front of me damn close for me not to be able to slow down enough or stop to keep from hitting them. I have ridden it a bit since and still alot of fun but cant imagine going into traffic or on the streets. Same type of feeling I had going into public when I first came back from Iraq. Another random thing but my front fairing, headlight, instrument cluster, and main stay bracket were all shattered to pieces, but my lower fairing and forks were never touched, kinda weird. Anyway just random things going through my head. Chris

Man...that sucks! My husband was the same way when he got back from his first deployment. He hated the crowds. Are you feeling any better?

christbennett429
March 13th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Im beginning to, im up and out of bed now more but I am stubborn and try to push myself too far and always end up straining myself. I am awake now unfortunately because of the pain but am out of medicine and didnt have and money for a followup visit. Chris

n4mwd
March 14th, 2012, 04:55 AM
As far as getting back on the road, just take it slow. Start with the calm streets and then work your way up to the expressways.

On the front main stay stuff and the lack of bent forks, the pregen has a tendency to dive with hard braking so that is possibly a factor.

If you are a vet, you can get medical care at the VA hospital. Stuff like a broken back needs to be watched carefully.

christbennett429
March 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I have been fighting with the VA for about 2.5 years now and its a never ending battle. That makes sense as far as the front diving in hard braking seeing as im 246 mostly muscle and my wife is probably 145 to 165, she wont tell me lol. Anyway the rebuild continues, just waiting on parts from ebay. Chris

coondog
March 14th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hopefully you had the driver written up so you can take all of his PIP insurance and I'd have the bike totalled with all sorts of mods listed. When personal injury is involved insurers don't think twice about the bike cash check.

Main thing is you two are o.k. and maybe you can see why i don't take pillion riders as i would be responsible for them, just as i don't get on the back of any bike. God bless and keep you both. (bit through tongue!)

christbennett429
March 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thank you, its means alot. She was overwhelmed by the response and friendly remarks when I showed her this forum and posts. So it will be rough but im returning to work tomorrow, I hope everything goes well. Chris

christbennett429
March 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM
So im back on the road and its scary but im getting my nerve back. Ill include afew pics of the bike. Drives great btw.

Motofool
March 24th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Great reconstructive work!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

nickjpass
March 24th, 2012, 07:07 PM
That's great! :)

bluepoof
March 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM
So glad to hear that you and your wife escaped relatively unscathed. I hope everything works out with the lawyers etc. Such a pain. :(

If it's helpful, my husband broke a vertebrae while snowboarding about 10 years ago (I forget which one exactly, but it was a thoracic). It took 6 months or so before it felt "normal" to him, but he's since back to motorcycling (both street and off-road), snowboarding, skydiving, etc. :D Plus, "I broke my back" sounds great at parties. ;)

Jono
March 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Glad to see you got the bike working and you are back to riding!!!

christbennett429
March 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks everyone. Im very happy to be back on the bike. I got one of those cool helmets with the built in sun glass lens too to replace the old helmet. Im wearing a heavy jacket thats hot as sin now till I can afford another riding jacket but hopefully will get a new one soon. ( They cut the other one off) Also looking forward to finding a wolo bad boy bracket for my 250. Chris

Kstorm21
March 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Not sure if u have to have a certain kind of jacket but revzilla has a speed and strength mesh jacket on closeout for $99.

TnNinjaGirl
March 28th, 2012, 07:19 AM

FWIW Tennessee requires state minimum insurance for any street vehicle.

Back to topic... I'm glad you are feeling better and that you continue to ride!

edxmon
March 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks everyone. Im very happy to be back on the bike. I got one of those cool helmets with the built in sun glass lens too to replace the old helmet. Im wearing a heavy jacket thats hot as sin now till I can afford another riding jacket but hopefully will get a new one soon. ( They cut the other one off) Also looking forward to finding a wolo bad boy bracket for my 250. Chris
motorcyclegear.com/newenough.com has the Joe rocket Atomic 3.0 for $69, clearance since 4.0 just came out

n4mwd
March 29th, 2012, 05:26 PM
FWIW Tennessee requires state minimum insurance for any street vehicle.

TN seems to have gone draconian on me. They used to be very reasonable and didn't require auto insurance. Now it seems that they not only want people to insure their cars, but also the bikes too. On top of that, they require helmets for both street bikes AND dirt bikes.:eek:

Anyhow, I'm glad the OP is up and riding again.

GreenNinja
March 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
TN seems to have gone draconian on me. They used to be very reasonable and didn't require auto insurance. Now it seems that they not only want people to insure their cars, but also the bikes too. On top of that, they require helmets for both street bikes AND dirt bikes.:eek:

Anyhow, I'm glad the OP is up and riding again.

After hearing about people getting into accidents, would you want to be insurance-less?

n4mwd
March 30th, 2012, 06:36 AM
After hearing about people getting into accidents, would you want to be insurance-less?

Not me, but the requirement makes the cost go up because the insurance companies have got you over a barrel. When I lived there years ago it wasn't required, my car insurance was only $100/6 months for full coverage. Coming from FL, a state that required it, my rate was $400 for the same car. Since they mandated coverage, I'm willing to bet that they don't have too many cars with full coverage for $100 these days.

GreenNinja
March 30th, 2012, 07:04 AM

Chris, I'm glad to hear you are OK(both mentally and physically). Make sure you look into the uninsured insurance. I wasn't really aware of what it did too much until I talked to my agent about getting insurance for my motorcycle. That is when she recommended I get uninsured insurance for only $3 more a month. I pay $18 a month for my bike which is full coverage. I hope everything works out for you. Keep us up to date on your story and thanks for sharing.

christbennett429
April 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
So I am completely healed asid from an occasional stiffness in my back and alittle scab on my knee. I have since realized that my stator cover must have been hit hard and it demagnetized my stator so I have one coming. The headlights are still on but the battery will only jump up .1 at 4000 rpms. Anyway I guess the rebuild continues. Chris

Jiggles
April 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Glad you're feeling better. I just got into an similar accident but going much slower, only 25mph. Girl did a u-turn in front of me and I hit between the front wheel and driver side door. Went over the bike, broke my leg, and my forks are totally trashed. I'm not sure if the frame is but its likely. Funny how a similar accident (and you going faster) resulted in less damage to the bike

Motofool
April 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
:happy110:

christbennett429
April 7th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Im sorry to hear that it really sucks. I am thinking maybe the driver you hit was going faster and I had a good amount of distance to try and stop just not quite enough. Who knows.
Chris

Jiggles
April 7th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Well she was going from a stop into a uturn on a residential street. So couldn't be that fast. I'm also sure she had no idea I was there until she saw me on her hood

christbennett429
April 7th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Jeez, I wish people would pay more attention and quit complaining about the heat with thier ac on or texting and talking while driving. Thats the only thing I hate about riding is all the cagers.Chris

Jiggles
April 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Well that is a large issue haha. We should start a new town, everyone has to own a motorcycle to live there :thumbup:

christbennett429
April 7th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Id move there, one thing I would add is mandatory motorcycle safety courses though lol

Indy250r
April 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Well, if we're gonna do it, lets make one way, curvy roads and minimum speed limits.

Jiggles
April 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I believe there was actually an old town for sale for about $800,000. If everyone chips in we could easily afford it, then start living in the buildings and rebuild the place. It will become a motorcycle getaway

christbennett429
April 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Sadly that would be pretty cool, im a hell of a handyman, welder, fabricator, electrician, plumber, you name it. lol

Jiggles
April 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
With enough pitching in we can fund it ourselves, or attract some tourism. How much you getting for your settlement? Lol

You must own a motorcycle in order to live or visit here. If you want to bring your car, you must pay a car tax and you must observe all our ridiculous road laws (All drivers must use turn offs when a motorcycle is behind them, also special motorcycle passing lanes incorporated. Stop lights will not exist. etc. etc.) just general awesomeness.

christbennett429
April 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Ill be one of the motorcycle cops and enforce the cagers lol. I cant say id use of of those bmws though. I got pulled over by one the other day and it was nice but didnt sound to great lol

Jiggles
April 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM
It's our town we make up the laws!

WE WILL HAVE PLASTIC BAGS AND WE WILL HAVE CIGARETTES IN OUR PHARMACIES!!! FU CA.

Motorcycle cops on sportbikes, motorcycle taxi service, lol

christbennett429
April 7th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Lol you will find no arguements from me,sounds fun

akima
April 8th, 2012, 01:10 AM
I want to live in this town. I could run a little motorcycle cafe :) All the motorcycle parking would be under a roof so the bikes didn't get wet when it rained. I'd also have little maintenance robots going around cleaning up and inspecting motorcycles :D beep boop

GreenNinja
April 8th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I believe there was actually an old town for sale for about $800,000. If everyone chips in we could easily afford it, then start living in the buildings and rebuild the place. It will become a motorcycle getaway

You aren't talking about this town that the auction started at 100k and ended at 900k are you?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/vietnamese-man-buys-tiny-wyoming-town-for-00g/

Too bad it only has 10 acres. Can't do too much for motorcycles with 10 acres unless it is a track.

Jiggles
April 8th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I saw it on yahoo, it was like you can buy this abondoned town for $800k. It comes with abondoned houses banks schools hotels and more! Some part of nowhere, USA, think they have a purple dog