View Full Version : Modded Seat!

Jninja
March 7th, 2012, 04:20 PM
so i got tired of sliding on the stock seat and decided to do something about it.
I pulled the seat off and all the staples, put the seat back on the bike and shaped it the way i liked. Then i took it to an upholster shop and wolla!! New seat. sticky leather and a backstop for the butt!!. What do ya think ?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=799&pictureid=7829

Hunsy34
March 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM
This is really nice and I agree is much better then the original seat. I full dyi step by step would be appreciated I am sure there will be plenty that would like to do this. Cost and materials needed and any other info you can give on this. Great job!!!

CZroe
March 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
What material did you use? It looks very similar to copperaxe's race bike.

setasai
March 7th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Looks very nice. You did a very smooth job. I attempted this as well and got decent results. It's just a little bumpy but 10x more comfortable for sure.

How much did the upholstery cost? What was your logic on where you shaved and what foam did you add to it if any?

Jninja
March 7th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I actually have been watching the moto gp bikes and how the seat is pretty flat. So i just cut the foam from where it starts the slope. and then from the middle of the seat i cut it flat to the back. I used a hack saw so the cut was fine.The upholstery lady filled the imperfections with some foam she uses for her job. real smooth. she had this seat leather from back in the day. Very tacky stuff. and she covered it for me. 100 dollars was the total cost of material and labor. But i knew her and that leather use to sell for 240.00 so she cut me a real deal. sorry i didn't take pic's of the process, I really didn't think it would turn out so nice. and she also used a 1/4 inch pad like foam under the cover. Thanks guy's give it a try but be ready to buy a new seat if you ruin it!!:thumbup:

Jono
March 7th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Wow that looks great!!!!!! I would have got it covered with the material that new sport bike seats have.

Now you just need to lose that stock fender.

Jninja
March 7th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks man! The fender will be last. I think I'm still up in the air about it !:D

CZroe
March 8th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Is your "NinjaCreeper!!!" title a reference to Little_Ghost's encounter with a "creeper" who followed her? You live in the same state. :D

Jninja
March 8th, 2012, 08:45 AM
No it's in response to a conversation I had with ninja sleeper and a couple of members here said I might be a creeper so that's my dig at them

Jono
March 8th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks man! The fender will be last. I think I'm still up in the air about it !:D

Ahhh just do it already! It looks very nice. I was up in the air about it too for a while then just went for it.

n4mwd
March 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
It looks really good. I was considering something similar only to add more foam to make the bike more comfortable for long distance riding.

choneofakind
March 8th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I already told you this Jim, but that looks great! I hope it's as comfortable as it looks. The oem one gets a little uncomfortable after a while.

dburgess1231
March 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I love the way that seat looks. i would want the back half to match the color of my bike but can you make up an illustration of how you shaped it? did you use the stock foam or buy a new slab of foam?

main question is it as comfy as it looks?.