View Full Version : Ninja No More

burningscooter
March 9th, 2012, 03:06 AM
I sold the ninja last Saturday and bought this yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/cVroNl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/d9lLKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OOYTJl.jpg

2011 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Rode it home. Stalled it at a stop light while trying to find the end of the friction zone, I found it. Put a total of about 80 miles on it yesterday. Would have rode longer but it was quite windy yesterday.

Bike rides so smooth compared to the 250, but thats to be expected when making that jump. More to come.

note: not looking forward to cleaning those white wheels. :(

Ninja1
March 9th, 2012, 04:20 AM
Congrats man, nice looking bike! :thumbup:

I didn't get this: "Bike rides so smooth compared to the 250, but thats to be expected when making that jump"

Did you mean that the Suzuki is smoother than the 250 or because you've started with a 250 that it's a smoother transition to the new one?

burningscooter
March 9th, 2012, 06:07 AM
The suzuki is smoother than the 250. Not the latter. I for the most part just rode around in B mode and there isnt that big of a difference in power delivery until you hit about 8K on the tach. Well, it feels like that anyways.

Ill make a video when I get home of the difference in A and B mode (just going to rev) for those who may be interested.

csmith12
March 9th, 2012, 06:50 AM
That is a sweet gsxr T. I know they are a pain but those white rims are a thing of beauty. If you stay ahead of the dirt and grime it's not super terrible.

MustangGuy
March 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Nice ride! Enjoy and be safe!

burningscooter
March 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Be careful if you make it go "yut uggggh" :)

Thanks guys. and yes, im already considering doing the yut ugghhhhhh. lolol

Cazper
March 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Congrats on the new ride... I always told myself that is the color combo I would get if I ever got a GSX-R... I originally wanted a 750 pretty bad... but now I'm sold on Kawi :thumbup:

austexjg
March 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Really like the rims - interested in the Drive Modes and how they affect the performance on and off the track. I know it was made to get better later in the race, but wondering how it affects street riding. Only one problem - it's not a KAWASAKI. :nahnahnah:

Jono
March 9th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Nice ride!!! I really like that color combo. Enjoy that beauty!

saxnbass
March 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I test rode one today. I found that the fairings bugged the crap out of my legs. I guess it just doesn't fit me well. Other than that though, it was a sweet bike. Congrats. :thumbup:

KELPHYN
March 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Use Chain Wax lube instead of regular chain lube. Lube it after a ride instead of before. Helps with the lube throw off keeping the rims a little cleaner. Nice bike. Ride smart.

Kstorm21
March 10th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Nice! I saw the exact same bike behind me the other day. I like the mirror/turn signals.

NDspd
March 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Dude man, that is the exact freaking bike I want too!!!! Lucky bastard :(

lol...jk...I can't wait until I get the $$$ to get one, eve the '08s seem really nice.

nickjpass
March 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Nice bike :)

burningscooter
March 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks everyone. definitely trying to enjoy the bike, but its been very windy out here in MD. Wish I was still in the CA.

Really like the rims - interested in the Drive Modes and how they affect the performance on and off the track. I know it was made to get better later in the race, but wondering how it affects street riding. Only one problem - it's not a KAWASAKI. :nahnahnah:
The drive modes are pretty sweet. You can easily discern the differences from A and B mode. Power delivery is completely different. I chose this bike mainly because of the technology and add on performance over all others in this price range, as well as the more comfortable ergonomics, hence, No Kawasaki.

I test rode one today. I found that the fairings bugged the crap out of my legs. I guess it just doesn't fit me well. Other than that though, it was a sweet bike. Congrats. :thumbup:
Id imagine that going from any 250 to a supersport or superbike, will cause some issues with comfort. I am still sore from my initial ride on the GSXR.

Use Chain Wax lube instead of regular chain lube. Lube it after a ride instead of before. Helps with the lube throw off keeping the rims a little cleaner. Nice bike. Ride smart.
I currently use this wax that is a spray type, turns the chain white, I have not had any issues with it flinging so far.

Dude man, that is the exact freaking bike I want too!!!! Lucky bastard :(

lol...jk...I can't wait until I get the $$$ to get one, eve the '08s seem really nice.
This is a beautiful color combo. For this year, the 2011, Suzuki only did this one and the white bike. I have an affinity for white bikes, however, my good buddy, already owns that model.lol

NDspd
March 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
burningscooter hahaha...very nice...people keep telling me they hate the new color scheme...I love it a lot more than previous years!! If I may ask, how much did you pick yours up for?

etiainen
March 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Heavy gear oil doesn't fling much for me + it is cheap.

Congrats on the new bike. Looks nice!

burningscooter
March 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM
NDspd I bought this bike used from the dealership with 1300 miles on it so I got it for $9.1K OTD. The previous owner traded it in for the new R1.

NDspd
March 11th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Not a bad deal man...again wish I had $$ like that

burningscooter
March 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM
NDspd hey man, everyone's got to start somewhere. There's no doubt in my mind if you have the focus then you'll have one of these soon too. Just don't overextend yourself and take on more than you can handle, both monetarily and BIKE wise. lol

On a different note: Ordered Yoshimura Frame Sliders and Fender Eliminator kit today. Hopefully will have them on the bike before the weekend.

Mocha Man
March 12th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks everyone. definitely trying to enjoy the bike, but its been very windy out here in MD. Wish I was still in the CA.

HA! Windy where you live? Where I live its done nothing but rain and have the wind blow so hard you can't even stand up for the past week lol I wanna go ride soooo badly!

I love the bike, btw :D

burningscooter
March 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
HA! Windy where you live? Where I live its done nothing but rain and have the wind blow so hard you can't even stand up for the past week lol I wanna go ride soooo badly!

I love the bike, btw :D

Hell yea its been windy. lol. Its finally clear today and were anticipating mid 70s all week. Definitely going to get a few more rides and pictures in. Will have more comparos soon.

and thanks, i love it too.

csmith12
March 13th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Be careful if you make it go "yut uggggh" :)

lol

Dx4F94DnATY

massacremasses
March 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
lol

Dx4F94DnATY

lol thanks for the reference.

burningscooter
March 15th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I really need to take some different pictures with my bike but whatevs. Here she is after a wash. The wheel cleaning is AHAHA. its never going to be clean enough.

http://i.imgur.com/qXWnml.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B9cftl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Jic6Pl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ztclUl.jpg

I made a video on my phone, but im completely lost as to where it saved to. FML.

My frame sliders/fender eliminator and spools should be in tomorrow or saturday.

enjoy.

THE BIG SITT
March 15th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Ok I'll ask: Why not a 750?

burningscooter
March 15th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Because I got this for 9.1 out the door essentially brand new.
Posted via Mobile Device

kaiserz
March 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Nice man!! can't wait to ride with you soon! geez knowing how you ride you need to be extra careful outhere!

Also did you trade in the 250? and where did you get this? I'm thinking of trading the 250 and upgrading after this riding season.

ninjamama7
March 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Shower spray...the kind that you spray on the shower after you clean it to keep it clean. Wash the wheels really well, and spray with the fresh shower. When they get dirty...the dirt will practically fall off with just water from a hose...:)

Kstorm21
March 15th, 2012, 08:25 PM
burningscooter I wonder if those mirrors will work on the 250? I really like them for some reason. :D

burningscooter
March 16th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Nice man!! can't wait to ride with you soon! geez knowing how you ride you need to be extra careful outhere!

Also did you trade in the 250? and where did you get this? I'm thinking of trading the 250 and upgrading after this riding season.
LOL. its okay to ride CRAZY! :eek: and the answer is no, I didnt trade it in. I sold it two weeks ago and I picked this up at Twiggs. Remember when i was telling you I was going to step up to the R6, well. change of plans man. ;)

Shower spray...the kind that you spray on the shower after you clean it to keep it clean. Wash the wheels really well, and spray with the fresh shower. When they get dirty...the dirt will practically fall off with just water from a hose...:)
I may try this. lol
burningscooter I wonder if those mirrors will work on the 250? I really like them for some reason. :D

IMO, this is a cleaner look. I hated the side markers on my ninja.

kaiserz
March 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
LOL. its okay to ride CRAZY! :eek: and the answer is no, I didnt trade it in. I sold it two weeks ago and I picked this up at Twiggs. Remember when i was telling you I was going to step up to the R6, well. change of plans man. ;)

Oh wow IC, so what made you decide to get a gixxer vs an r6?

Kstorm21
March 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
IMO, this is a cleaner look. I hated the side markers on my ninja.

Plus it looks like they stick out a lot further. Do the mirrors also pivot like car mirrors? Hmm...you should find out if they'd work on a Ninja. Although, they are probably expensive.

burningscooter
March 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Oh wow IC, so what made you decide to get a gixxer vs an r6?

Well, out of the big japanese 4, the gsxr is the most refined and technologically advance bike out there as well as its low seat height and ergonomics. very nice compared to the others.

Plus it looks like they stick out a lot further. Do the mirrors also pivot like car mirrors? Hmm...you should find out if they'd work on a Ninja. Although, they are probably expensive.

I am unsure of what you are saying. If you are asking if its like the Ninja 250, then the answer is no. The mirror bars pretty much stay in place while the actual mirror itself in move. Visibility is very low when compared to the ninja however.

And. here is the bike with the fender eliminator installed. I will post pics of the frame sliders when i get them in as well.

http://i.imgur.com/mtzz2l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RkfX6l.jpg

more to come.

Kstorm21
March 17th, 2012, 02:16 AM
I am unsure of what you are saying. If you are asking if its like the Ninja 250, then the answer is no. The mirror bars pretty much stay in place while the actual mirror itself in move. Visibility is very low when compared to the ninja however.

I was saying basically what you said. The arms don't move but the actual mirror does....like a car.

burningscooter
March 17th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I was saying basically what you said. The arms don't move but the actual mirror does....like a car.

I realized thats what you meant after i hit submit reply. I was like. FUUU IT.

lol

burningscooter
March 17th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Anyways, I was up early this morning installing the frame sliders. Here are the pictures of it installed. Dont mind the mess. These were the cut type sliders.

http://i.imgur.com/B0ayKl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b66y5l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IbhcBl.jpg

I believe next up on my action items will most likely be some case savers then possibly some new levers.

still waiting on my spools to come in. tsk

blink
March 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Exhaust?

LOR's sound amazing

burningscooter
March 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I havent looked in to LOR exhausts. So far ive only looked at Leo Vince and Akrapovic.

Regardless, this is what the FedEX man just dropped off. Ive been waiting for 3+ weeks to get these from riders discount.

http://i.imgur.com/NruPXl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2wh9Fl.jpg

Word has it that Forcefield is leading the market in back protector technology and safety. Hopefully I will never use it but better safe then sorry.

This is the Forcefield L2 model if anyone is interested in knowing.

cheers.

mustang5.0
March 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM
nice bike

burningscooter
March 18th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Was out riding today. Snapped a quick picture when i stopped to get a couple of redbulls.

http://i.imgur.com/vo6vzl.jpg

saxnbass
March 18th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I dig that AGV helmet.

Kstorm21
March 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Was out riding today. Snapped a quick picture when i stopped to get a couple of redbulls.

http://i.imgur.com/vo6vzl.jpg

I don't care who you are.....THAT'S PRETTY!!!!

burningscooter
March 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I dig that AGV helmet.

Thanks. I do too. :D

I don't care who you are.....THAT'S PRETTY!!!!

Thanks! Looks much better in person, or, maybe i should start posting the photos in HD format. :)

kaiserz
March 18th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Looking nice bro, looking nice. I can't wait to have my own bigger bike. If I get 6k saddle miles this season I'll try to get a much bigger one next year.

burningscooter
March 19th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Looking nice bro, looking nice. I can't wait to have my own bigger bike. If I get 6k saddle miles this season I'll try to get a much bigger one next year.

Baah, dont play. You dont need another 6k on the saddle. DO WORK MAN! lol.

Heres the bike on the stand. Finally got my spools today.

http://s0.i1.picplzthumbs.com/upload/img/02/de/99/02de99321973289e2bce33e02f16034b4d6bb7eb_wmlg_00001.jpg

Liist
March 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I had no interest on the GSXR until today. I saw the $1000 off coupon and it said I might qualify for 0% financing (doubtful as I'm quite young).

Can you guide me through how to deal with the dealership? I want the best deal possible plus slap that $1,000 off at the very end :)

kaiserz
March 20th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Hahaha Ayt bro XD

Damn that thing looks hot!

burningscooter
March 20th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I had no interest on the GSXR until today. I saw the $1000 off coupon and it said I might qualify for 0% financing (doubtful as I'm quite young).

Can you guide me through how to deal with the dealership? I want the best deal possible plus slap that $1,000 off at the very end :)

Honestly, there is no trick to dealerships. What YOU have to realize is that they arent the only game in town and you have to be prepared to walk away if the deal isnt what you want (dont be a dick about it though, you may not get a better deal elsewhere). As for the 1000$ and 0%, if you say you are young, that to me means you probably have very little credit history. Its worth giving a shot but it also means that if you dont qualify, the next best place will probably give you a double digit APR financing rate. All you have to do is ask for a no bullshit OTD price that includes the 1000$ off. Around here, I was given a price of 10.6$ OTD on a new 2011 GSXR600. Id imagine a 2012 will probably run an extra 600$ -1000$. This is very vague, but the best thing to do is either call or email someone from a Suzuki dealership and ask for an OTD price and work from there.

Note that the 0% and 1000$ runs through the end of this month.

Hahaha Ayt bro XD

Damn that thing looks hot!

DO EEEEET:eek:

kaiserz
March 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM
DO EEEEET:eek:

Need to wait XD need to save up some money first XD

kaiserz
March 20th, 2012, 06:54 PM
But mann that cbr 600 feels perfect when I sat on one this afternoon......

Liist
March 20th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Burningscooter, I went to the dealership and as I expected, my credit score sucks -- hopefully just because I haven't built much up yet. Only have two credits cards and a cell phone plan for about a year.

I thought the plan was too good to be true, and the dealership was well aware of the deal, which meant no flexibility in taking off some of the BS fees. Wouldn't want to deal with them anyway because their service is rated very, very low on Google Reviews.

burningscooter
March 21st, 2012, 04:58 AM
But mann that cbr 600 feels perfect when I sat on one this afternoon......

Nice. The CBR is such a light bike, its crazy. For me, in terms of fit, it went: gsxr, zx6r, cbr, R6. I was dead set on an R6 too, but you know, things change, that and I wanted the Brembos, the Showas, and the different drive modes.

Burningscooter, I went to the dealership and as I expected, my credit score sucks -- hopefully just because I haven't built much up yet. Only have two credits cards and a cell phone plan for about a year.

I thought the plan was too good to be true, and the dealership was well aware of the deal, which meant no flexibility in taking off some of the BS fees. Wouldn't want to deal with them anyway because their service is rated very, very low on Google Reviews.

Yeah man, service is going to vary from dealership to dealership. Most places, are willing to work with you from my own experience. They are trying to sell especially with riding season approaching.

As for your credit, yes, you probably dont have enough credit history to qualify for the 0% but I wouldnt worry to much about it. Just be responsible with your money/credit cards/CREDIT! and in a couple years youll be able to get the bike that YOU want. Never take on more than you can handle. Bad marks on your credit can be, life changing.

kaiserz
March 21st, 2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah, The drive mode is one thing I really like about the gxr. But when I sat on that cbr... it's just clicked... I can't wait... (Needs to go study know so he can get a much better job)

THE BIG SITT
March 21st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, The drive mode is one thing I really like about the gxr. But when I sat on that cbr... it's just clicked... I can't wait... (Needs to go study know so he can get a much better job)

I hope you're studying some grammar :p

OP, do you ever use the drive mode selector?

burningscooter
March 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM

I dont know what you do, but study hard man, or sell that ninja. lol

Yes, I use B mode quite often. When Im just cruising around, I am in B mode. When I am on the highway/freeway, I usually roll in A mode. The power difference is very distinctive.

Kstorm21
March 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
drive mode selector?

also, can you explain that that does?

burningscooter
March 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Kstorm21 There are two different modes on the new GSXR600. A mode and B mode. A mode is essentially riding the bike with full power where as B mode can also be called "rain mode", where it cuts off quite a bit of power.

Essentially, you can just use B mode to learn the bike and get comfortable with it. Once you feel that you can handle it, switch to A and its a completely different bike. lol

Kstorm21
March 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Kstorm21 There are two different modes on the new GSXR600. A mode and B mode. A mode is essentially riding the bike with full power where as B mode can also be called "rain mode", where it cuts off quite a bit of power.

Essentially, you can just use B mode to learn the bike and get comfortable with it. Once you feel that you can handle it, switch to A and its a completely different bike. lol

That's pretty awesome!

kaiserz
March 21st, 2012, 08:19 PM

Hahaha I don't think that's grammar. But I do believe that I need to check my spelling hahahaha (;

etiainen
March 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM
It is grammar. 'Know' is correctly spelt. You used it in the wrong context.

kaiserz
March 21st, 2012, 08:30 PM
I dont know what you do, but study hard man, or sell that ninja. lol.

Thanks bro, I used to be a computer science student back in my country(3rd year in college), when I got here the tuition was way too expensive for me thus I just started working. I worked hard, from a mere busboy/dishwasher I made my way up to management position (: Last month I was offered to manage my own store, but I refused. I still want to pursue "computers". My long term goal is to finish BSCS (But that's going to take a while to achieve) So I'm thinking of first getting certified in A+, Networking+ and CCNA and hopefully get a job in the computer industry and then I would go after my bachelors degree.

I WILL NEVER SELL THE NINJA (just not yet >_< even if I sell it, it's still not practical for me to get a replacement)

kaiserz
March 21st, 2012, 08:36 PM
It is grammar. 'Know' is correctly spelt. You used it in the wrong context.

I meant to type "no" thus making the word not spelled correctly, but yeah :cool:.... Good thing there's what we call "context clues". This is why I love this forum, the forum members here are very "educated" :thumbup: Also next time I'm going to make sure to double check my grammar :D it's going to be hard cause I just glance at stuff cause I'm at work, anyway my apologies if I offend anyone for using "know" instead of "No" ;)

etiainen
March 21st, 2012, 08:37 PM
You mean now? :p

Lest I am reading that wrong.

But also I am a CS student:) Hopefully graduating this spring:D

kaiserz
March 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hahaha XD yeah now! hahahhaha geez I really need to take some snooze... I'm really tired from a 12 hour day at work D:

kaiserz
March 21st, 2012, 08:53 PM
But also I am a CS student:) Hopefully graduating this spring:D

Nice nice (: Greetings fellow CS student, I wish you all the best and good luck with your CS career :thumbup:

etiainen
March 21st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Haha thanks! Gotta finish finals for this term this week though:/

burningscooter
March 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
So I'm thinking of first getting certified in A+, Networking+ and CCNA and hopefully get a job in the computer industry and then I would go after my bachelors degree.

I WILL NEVER SELL THE NINJA (just not yet >_< even if I sell it, it's still not practical for me to get a replacement)

Cool man. As someone who works in the Networking field ( sr. network engineer, you wouldnt believe it if i didnt tell you. :p), skip all the CompTIA certs and go straight for the Cisco one and then climb that Cisco ladder.

Hope it all works out for you man. There is excellent money in the network engineering field. Its just a matter of getting your foot through the door.

Good Luck.

kaiserz
March 23rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Cool man. As someone who works in the Networking field ( sr. network engineer, you wouldnt believe it if i didnt tell you. :p), skip all the CompTIA certs and go straight for the Cisco one and then climb that Cisco ladder.

Hope it all works out for you man. There is excellent money in the network engineering field. Its just a matter of getting your foot through the door.

Good Luck.

Wow! Thank you Mr. Sr. Network engineer :thumbup:, Do you really think that it's much better for me to go straight to CCNA? Cause I'm thinking that I might not get a job right away if I just go the ccna path (I believe that a lot of positions open for that require at least some computer field job experience and also I don't have any bachelors degree ): ) I'm really confuse, I don't know what to do ):

burningscooter
March 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Its true, most network engineering positions do require you have some experience or have a degree in a related field. The caveat is that the turnover rate is so high in this field that the positions need to be filled! This is coming from a contractor POV of course.

I still say skip the A+/Network+ (unless you are trying to do deskside) and go straight for the networking job. Once you get the network engineering title, its a whole new ballgame. If you want specifics, get at me via PM. lol

kaiserz
March 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Its true, most network engineering positions do require you have some experience or have a degree in a related field. The caveat is that the turnover rate is so high in this field that the positions need to be filled! This is coming from a contractor POV of course.

I still say skip the A+/Network+ (unless you are trying to do deskside) and go straight for the networking job. Once you get the network engineering title, its a whole new ballgame. If you want specifics, get at me via PM. lol

Yes sir I do :D

burningscooter
April 9th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Its been a while since Ive posted a picture in here so, heres a picture of the bike when I went out to go look at new helmets and what not.

http://s0.i1.picplzthumbs.com/upload/img/12/03/b7/1203b73db4fc537cafc4589a19a00e247c7392d5_wmlg_00001.jpg

THE BIG SITT
April 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Its been a while since Ive posted a picture in here so, heres a picture of the bike when I went out to go look at new helmets and what not.

http://s0.i1.picplzthumbs.com/upload/img/12/03/b7/1203b73db4fc537cafc4589a19a00e247c7392d5_wmlg_00001.jpg

What's wrong with that one?!

burningscooter
April 9th, 2012, 10:14 AM
What's wrong with that one?!

Lol. There's nothing wrong. I just have a few complaints. Already have the new one chosen. Will order later today for sure.

THE BIG SITT
April 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
What'd ya get? Is that the GP-Tech in the pic? What don't you like?

That's it for my questions for now :)

burningscooter
April 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
What'd ya get? Is that the GP-Tech in the pic? What don't you like?

That's it for my questions for now :)

I thought I was going to order today but I am currently torn between these helmets.

shoei rf1100
https://www.motomummy.com/store/images/P/shoei-03.jpg

hjc rps10 ben spies monster helmet replica
http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2012-HJC-RPS-10-Ben-Spies-Monster-Helmet-Black.jpg

Got excellent pricing for both. They both have a very similar fit and are both snug. I am just kind of torn at the moment. Im sure I will for sure order tomorrow though. I guess I just need to sleep on it.

And yes, that is the Five Continents AGV GP Tech. What I currently dislike is that it isnt as snug as I would like, and the brow part of the eye port sticks out just a little to far so it kind of obstruct your view when your in the tucked position.

Kstorm21
April 9th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I thought I was going to order today but I am currently torn between these helmets.

shoei rf1100

http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2012-HJC-RPS-10-Ben-Spies-Monster-Helmet-Black.jpg

Got excellent pricing for both. They both have a very similar fit and are both snug. I am just kind of torn at the moment. Im sure I will for sure order tomorrow though. I guess I just need to sleep on it.

And yes, that is the Five Continents AGV GP Tech. What I currently dislike is that it isnt as snug as I would like, and the brow part of the eye port sticks out just a little to far so it kind of obstruct your view when your in the tucked position.

I'm gonna go with the MONSTER helmet only cause I love monsters. :) Plus, everyone does the plan black...blah! At least with the monster logo you'll be a little more visible. :2cents:

burningscooter
April 10th, 2012, 04:38 AM
I'm gonna go with the MONSTER helmet only cause I love monsters. :) Plus, everyone does the plan black...blah! At least with the monster logo you'll be a little more visible. :2cents:

Its because matte black will always be in :thumbup:. As for visibility etc, at this juncture, I have decided that regardless of what colors/brightness, if people arent paying attention to the road and those occupying it, whether or not they see me has nothing to do with what Im wearing. As you can see, my current helmet is pretty bright, and i wear a white jacket. I stand out for sure, but, if someone is going to kill me, they will. lol

THE BIG SITT
April 10th, 2012, 10:17 AM

shoei rf1100

You're considering going from AGV to HJC? Maybe its just me, but it seems like a step in the wrong direction :idunno:

burningscooter
April 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM
You're considering going from AGV to HJC? Maybe its just me, but it seems like a step in the wrong direction :idunno:

youre not wrong, I know what I currently have and what Im considering. :o

The RPS10 has very good reviews and fits very well, similar to the RF1100. Still considering. Havent decided yet.

First World Problems. lol

burningscooter
July 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM
long time no post/updates.

here is a photo from a few weeks ago. Was out riding with some friends.

http://i.imgur.com/udNMN.jpg