View Full Version : I knew this day would come

Jiggles
March 10th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Well, it has finally happened. I crashed my 650. My bike has touched something other than tires to the road. I can only thank god that I was wearing all of my gear when this happened, otherwise I could have been significantly injured. I was riding home from work, approx. 40 minutes I get home and realize I'm just about out of gas and will need to go get gas now so I don't have to go before work tomorrow. I had pulled all the way up between my dead grandpa's boat (I'm so glad we kept this, its been in my way for 10 months) and my mom's SUV crossover thing, idk what the hell it is. So I back out like I usually do and go to turn perpendicular to the drive way so that I can zoom out when it happened. I crashed. I backed directly into an empty garbage can which fell over. Boy do I feel stupid. Although all that hit it was the fender and the fender on the 650 is actually pretty beefy so it just pushed the garbage can out of the way with no trouble.

All in all it was a pretty scary experience. Thank god I got my first crash out of the way though.

akima
March 10th, 2012, 02:03 AM
whut? where is the crash in your crash? You knocked over a bin?

bluesinorbit
March 10th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Damn, I needed a good laugh.

Alex
March 10th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Damn, I needed a good laugh.

Me too, when do we get one? ;)

koenigcitizen
March 10th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I don't get it...

Must be the language barrier.....

Jono
March 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Me too, when do we get one? ;)

Haha. Right there! Thank you, Alex.

Whiskey
March 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I hear the mirrors on the 650 are pretty crap, but do you not look where you're going?

Look where you want to go works when you're pushing the bike back too

r311music
March 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Those 650 fenders are pretty beefy. Took some elbow grease and a hack saw to make it look almost decent....did you get an insurance estimate yet?

Jiggles
March 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Those 650 fenders are pretty beefy. Took some elbow grease and a hack saw to make it look almost decent....did you get an insurance estimate yet?

Yea they are gna send a guy out to polish the fender and pick up the bin

MikeBudd
March 11th, 2012, 01:27 AM
That's crazy man. Good thing you weren't hurt. Coulda been deadly.

ajcadoo
March 11th, 2012, 06:57 PM
whut? where is the crash in your crash? You knocked over a bin?

hahahahahaha

r311music
March 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Yea they are gna send a guy out to polish the fender and pick up the bin

I want that job....