View Full Version : My 250 fell last night.

thurt88
March 18th, 2012, 04:17 AM
:(

As I was grilling out last night and drinking..as I always do when I grill out. I sat on my ninja 250 kinda side saddle as it was on its kickstand. I leaned forward to get up to check the salmon and as I did.. the bike followed me kinda and fell over barely missing the back of my bare foot.

The damage was minimal and just chipped some paint off (about a 2 cm area) and there is a crack in the paint under the blinker. I also think there is a small hole in the clear plastic on my turn signal but it still works so I dont care.

If Id had frame sliders, nothing woulda happened but im still an anti frame slider guy. I just spend too much time on the highway.

Alex
March 18th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Oof. Minor - but probably still belongs in the &*@()#&@*)#_ forum...

/moved

csmith12
March 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sucks Tommy, it's easy to get complacent aye? It's the little things....

Maybe this would help on those softer surfaces.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/freebee271/2009%20FLHTCU/ElecBoxCover.png

thurt88
March 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Sadly, it was in my garage. I reinacted this morning while I was sober and I know what happened. I must have scooted to stand up and as my weight shifted with all the force on my right foot that was on the peg, it was enough to bring the bike over behind me.

nickjpass
March 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
A crack in the fairing next to the turn signal, could be an easy fix!

Use ABS glue. I don't know where to find the link to DIY...let me look.

Found it

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42690

Malicious Logic
March 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Sucks man. Sorry to hear frame sliders still aren't worth it to you.

thurt88
March 19th, 2012, 02:14 AM
A crack in the fairing next to the turn signal, could be an easy fix!

Use ABS glue. I don't know where to find the link to DIY...let me look.

Found it

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42690

Thank you.

And on the frame sliders.... To me, its not worth the risk of the bike flipping over on the highway at 70 mph increasing the chances of causing injury to other ppl or the chance of a blunt spear stabbing my leg. Honestly.. on the highway, if you go down... that slider aint gonna help much if at all.

Thanks again guys ! :thumbup:

miss_syn
March 19th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I'm going through the same thing right now. I talked to someone I know and they said the best shot would be to fix the crack, prime, and get the touchup pen. If it doesn't look great you can redo it later with more effort. If $20 will fix it though...

mustang5.0
March 19th, 2012, 11:04 AM
i thought, at highway speed, that the frame sliders would break off..

MikeBudd
March 19th, 2012, 12:01 PM
i thought, at highway speed, that the frame sliders would break off..

They act as spears stick into the ground and cause your low side to turn into a devilish flipping monster.

If they don't do that, at highways speed they increase the amount your bike slides causing more damage to others as well as probably in the long run, your bike.

Considering the heavy duty construction of most of them, they probably would bend your frame before breaking.

Anyways, man that sucks. I believe there is a video of someone leaning on their bike and somehow it just tips over (possibly the side stand sinking), and knocks over like 5 other bikes :O At least that didn't happen!

MikeBudd
March 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Lol, I vaguely remember that happening. Although, I thought that was like 20+ bikes :P

thurt88
March 19th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Hehe,

My bike was in my garage. It fell over on the side opposite of the kick stand as thats the side i was sitting on. I put too much weight on the peg and it brought the bike with me when i leaned to stand up.

I doubt the cops would mess with me as i was in my garage and i wasnt drinking beer. To someone on the street it would look like tea :) but with the sweet smell of Gentleman Jack.