View Full Version : Didn't dump the ninja. Dumped the Honda instead...

fyv0h
March 19th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I'm so mad.

I was headed in to work this morning on my 98 CBR SJ. It's foggy so I'm keeping it slow. I approach the turn that my work is on and as I slow down and start to lean, there is boat-load of sand strewn across the lane. Never been there before. I saw it as I was leaning so i tried to reduce the lean angle but the front tire didn't comply. The bike slipped and I tumbled. I'm fine, the gear (I do the MTGATT) did it's job. Jacket is dirty, helmet has a small scratch and my gloves are unscathed. The extent of my injuries are a scuffed knee (equal to a small rug burn) and a tiny hole in my favorite pants. Oh, and my pride. I fractured my pride in three different spots. It'll mend, but damn.

The Smokin' Joe lost some skin. The maintenance cover broke, the side fairing (that I just replaced!!) is scuffed. The mirror shattered. The tail fairings aren't looking too good, but then there was a lot of glue holding them together anyway.

I picked the bike up, rolled it to the side and got it started. Took all of 30 seconds to start up. Drove it the whole 1/4 mile to work and inspected it a little closer. All damage appears superficial. Guess I'll be buying one of those cheap Hong Kong fairing kits...

Damn.

Moral: Don't get too comfortable with your daily route, and GEAR GEAR GEAR! I'd hate to imagine how I'd feel without the proper gear.

Mocha Man
March 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
"Dumped the Honda instead"

And this is a problem...wwwhhhyyyyyyyyy??? :confused:

Haha only kidding, man. Being a Honda dirt bike rider myself, my heart goes out to that poor bike. Sorry that happened :(

alex.s
March 31st, 2012, 11:47 AM
damn that sucks. i hate fog.