View Full Version : CONTEST!!! Sorta....

Luvninja
March 20th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Ok, well first off forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section... I couldn't decide where it should go.

Alright so here's the deal. I'm modding my bike, it's almost going to look as it is now except I'm going to TRY to improve the front fairing. I bought a new fairing and am going to try to make it more awesome than the one I have. While I was at it, I ended up buying a whole set of fairings. I've also though of evening out the "dip" section where the front signal lights are. ... So might as well paint everything a whole new color, right? Since I think all my creativity energy will be out the window by the time I'm done with the fairings I need your help.

So this is where the contest comes in. Post up your idea of what kind of paintjob I should put on the bike, designs, paint scheme, make it look awesome! Keep in mind I will be painting this myself so maybe nothing with shading :p . I've been thinking of a nice red color, more of a dark red not the "almost orange red" but whatever you guys can come up with, if it looks good I'll roll with it. So prize.... Bragging rights haha, I will be rocking your design (if I can pull it off that is.)

Here are some pictures of what it looks like now, so it will turn out a bit similar.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/luvninja/zoomed1.jpg

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/luvninja/Zoomed.jpg

choneofakind
March 20th, 2012, 10:14 PM
2008 ninja 250R Kawasaki Green

CZroe
March 21st, 2012, 12:56 AM
Something to fit with a nice cowl-line colored seat cover. :)

As you pointed out in another thread, I doubt you could match the current color. :D

BTW, we still DEMAND a DIY guide on the headlight!

Trailerboy531
March 21st, 2012, 01:57 AM
wait wait wait... am I looking at a sexy pregen?

o.O

TnNinjaGirl
March 21st, 2012, 03:28 AM
I like it the way it is. :-)

choneofakind
March 21st, 2012, 09:19 AM
wait wait wait... am I looking at a sexy pregen?

o.O

:lol:

how many times have you told me that it's not possible for a pregen to look good? :rolleyes:

Kevin2109
March 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
That color is amazing! dont change it!!

Luvninja
March 21st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Just to clear things up, I am keeping the bike the way it is, these fairings will stay the same color. I'm painting another set I just bought at modding those :) .

About that DIY on the headlight, I didn't wire the headlight myself but I will eventually write something up for the fairing. Maybe I'll write it up once I do the new fairing and once I actually invent a mount for the headlight, since its actually not bolted on anywhere.

bcole666
March 23rd, 2012, 04:04 AM
I'm surprised you want to change the bike at all - looks really good!

That being said, do you have a burning passion for anything in particular?
Big Ducati fan? Music bands? Sport? Dungeons and dragons?

If you can think of something that you'd like to dedicate the new fairings to, we could all probably help you figure out a design. I probably wouldn't suggest dungeons and dragons, though, kinda lame :lol:

Otherwise, pearlescent/irridescent paint jobs always look mind-boggling!

shiftdrift06
March 24th, 2012, 08:13 PM
AHHH those headlights are sexy. I gotta have it and the front fairing!

Luvninja
March 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I'm surprised you want to change the bike at all - looks really good!

That being said, do you have a burning passion for anything in particular?
Big Ducati fan? Music bands? Sport? Dungeons and dragons?

If you can think of something that you'd like to dedicate the new fairings to, we could all probably help you figure out a design. I probably wouldn't suggest dungeons and dragons, though, kinda lame :lol:

Otherwise, pearlescent/irridescent paint jobs always look mind-boggling!

I don't quite have a burning passion for anything... lol. I'm really leaning on painting it a nice red with a ton of pearl, but am stuck on a design such as line work or adding any black or white to it, so it's not JUST red. I'm mainly just testing out my painting skills :D , and after (depends how it all turns out) I may or may not swap the body work.

AHHH those headlights are sexy. I gotta have it and the front fairing!

Yea, it's quite a change from the block headlight. I'm hoping to make a mold of it so I can pop out some extra fairings.

choneofakind
March 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM
you know what your bike needs to compliment that cool headlight/fairing arrrangement?

R1 mirrors (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97660) :)

Luvninja
March 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM
you know what your bike needs to compliment that cool headlight/fairing arrrangement?

R1 mirrors (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97660) :)

YUP! I am in search of some mirrors, I haven't decided if I want bar end ones or not though.

95XL
April 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
I agree with TNNinjaGirl, I like it the way it is. That being said, when you get done making your new fairing, how much do you want for your current one? I'd buy it in a heartbeat!