View Full Version : Renting a race-prepped Ninjette for the day

Alex
November 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
If folks don't want to risk their own Ninjettes at the track, or if non-ninjette owners want to see what all the fuss is about, here's your answer: RaceBikeRentals.com (http://racebikerentals.com/)

For $250/day, just show up at the track with your leathers and you have a race-prepped ninjette ready to go. Free gas, free tires, and you just ride. Or even race!

Kurosaki
November 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Richard runs a great program. He had his bikes out at Buttonwillow a couple weeks ago with about 3-4 more of us with our own 250s.

daddysmut
November 26th, 2008, 07:18 AM
that's an awesome option for riders!!! especially if you consider the price of tires that you will spend on a track day.

kkim
November 26th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yep... and Richard is a great guy to boot. I don't know how he can offer these bikes at these prices and still survive. I hope to use his services sometime next year if I can arrange a trip up the Ahnold land for a track day weekend. :ride:

daddysmut
November 26th, 2008, 10:29 AM
i would imagine that he would rely on the fact that MOST riders that rent a 250 on the track would be a novice/entry level rider. a rider not looking to set times or prove anything to anyone out there but rather learn the basics. that equates to very little tire wear and the chances of crashing would be cut severely.

it's a great idea :thumbup:

kkim
November 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM

obviously so, as the bikes are signed up for many events in advance.

Kurosaki
November 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
i would imagine that he would rely on the fact that MOST riders that rent a 250 on the track would be a novice/entry level rider. a rider not looking to set times or prove anything to anyone out there but rather learn the basics. that equates to very little tire wear and the chances of crashing would be cut severely.

One of the guys that rented one of Richard's bike last I was out at the track was pretty quick! Definately not first timer.

I dunno if new riders renting bikes would cut down on the crashes though. The track presents a new environment and it's not that hard to get yourself in hot water at the atrack with little experience, even on a 250. I've had my share of butt puckering moments already.

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I've had my share of butt puckering moments already.
:lol: ...your version of "spider sense"?

Kurosaki
November 28th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Yep. Sphincter sense is tingling! lean more!!

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM

I do hope you're talking about riding a bike! :eek:

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
that's an awesome option for riders!!! especially if you consider the price of tires that you will spend on a track day.

I'm looking at doing my first track day soon, just wondering if you could expand on this statement. Do you tear through rubber on the track?

Sorry for the hijack.

Felix

Alex
November 28th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Do you tear through rubber on the track?

Depends on the bike, the tires, the track, and your pace. On my 10R, I get 2 or 3 trackdays out of a new rear tire, and 4 or 5 trackdays out of a new front. I'd imagine the tires on a ninjette would last a little longer, and they are also a bit cheaper so tire expenses would be lower overall on the 250.

RaceBikeRentals
November 29th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Awesome thread & thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

I'm seeing 800 miles of track use out of my BT016s and they still have plenty left. I go ahead and swap em out just out of guilt, lol. They could probably go 1000 miles on the track no problem. The BT090s don't last nearly as long... about half that. But, that's still a hell of a lot of miles on a track bike.

Alex, good luck with the site. I'll do my best to spread the word and get some quality people over here, yo.

Alex
November 29th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Alex, good luck with the site. I'll do my best to spread the word and get some quality people over here, yo.

:thumbup: Thx Richard! Glad to have you here. :dancecool:

kkim
November 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Awesome thread & thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

I'm seeing 800 miles of track use out of my BT016s and they still have plenty left. I go ahead and swap em out just out of guilt, lol. They could probably go 1000 miles on the track no problem. The BT090s don't last nearly as long... about half that. But, that's still a hell of a lot of miles on a track bike.

Richard!!!!! :crazyloco:

About time you made it, man!! I know all you do is lay around the house sipping Mai tais all day counting your money as it stacks up. :couch2:

You really need to get some ambition and do something with your life, son... perhaps do some "real" work someday?? :ganja:

Seriously, glad to you made it over and hope I'll be seeing you some time next year.

Aloha and mahalo for joining in,

kelly

Alex
November 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I'm seeing 800 miles of track use out of my BT016s

What sizes are you running F/R for the 016's? Looks like they make a 110/70/17 front, but for the rear the smallest is a 150. Are you putting a 120/70/17 front onto the rear rim?

The BT090s don't last nearly as long... about half that.

I'm curious about the rear size for the 090's as well. The front looks like the OEM size, but the closest rear is a 140/70/17, does that fit on the rim?

Thx!

TheDuck
November 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM

Do you tear through rubber on the track?

ROTFL! :pound::laugh::biggrin1::leghump:

kkim
December 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Richard,

You have a schedule of where and when the bikes will be available for sometime after March 09?

RaceBikeRentals
December 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM
Richard!!!!! :crazyloco:

About time you made it, man!! I know all you do is lay around the house sipping Mai tais all day counting your money as it stacks up. :couch2:

You really need to get some ambition and do something with your life, son... perhaps do some "real" work someday?? :ganja:

Seriously, glad to you made it over and hope I'll be seeing you some time next year.

Aloha and mahalo for joining in,

kelly

If you saw me on a race weekend wiping everyone's ass, Kelly, you wouldn't be saying these things. You ever check the tire pressure on 14 tires in 10 minutes??? Everything takes a week!

RaceBikeRentals
December 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
What sizes are you running F/R for the 016's? Looks like they make a 110/70/17 front, but for the rear the smallest is a 150. Are you putting a 120/70/17 front onto the rear rim?

I'm curious about the rear size for the 090's as well. The front looks like the OEM size, but the closest rear is a 140/70/17, does that fit on the rim?

Thx!

Alex, the 140 090 rear fits just fine, and I am running 016s with 110 front and 150 rear. The 150 rears are a tight fit, and they leave a little chicken strip, but dayum I love those tires! I put 090s on my bike last month for Saturday's practice. These things had been sold out for months and I couldn't wait to put them on. Did one practice session and pulled them off and put 016s on. So much nicer. The 090s feel like how Rossi's concrete tires must feel. I hate em. Just personal preference, I guess. I'm sure the 150 rear slows down the steering geometry of the bike, but unless you're on an extremely tight track, I think the effect is negligible.

RaceBikeRentals
December 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Richard,

You have a schedule of where and when the bikes will be available for sometime after March 09?

Kelly - I do have the calender up:

http://racebikerentals.com/reservations.htm

Lots to choose from! Hope you can make it out. Just let me know when you're thinking about it and what I can do to assist. I moved 220 miles north of LA, but if you can catch an Amtrak up to my place, or we can time it right, you're welcome to stay in our guest room :) JUST BRING POKE!

kkim
December 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
Kelly - I do have the calender up:

http://racebikerentals.com/reservations.htm

Lots to choose from! Hope you can make it out. Just let me know when you're thinking about it and what I can do to assist. I moved 220 miles north of LA, but if you can catch an Amtrak up to my place, or we can time it right, you're welcome to stay in our guest room :) JUST BRING POKE!
Thank you , sir. So many things to juggle to make the trip happen... some of which I have no control over at the moment, so we'll see. Like a noob, I looked at your site after I posted and saw the schedule. I see some Vegas dates too, but they are not learning type track school sessions are they? I need to start at the very beginning with this. :p

Where did you move? 220 miles north of LA puts it about midway between SF and LA? PM me if you don't want to publicly disclose.

hmmm... would poke last in a small ice container? :) maybe... maybe. :D

RaceBikeRentals
December 1st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Poke Day... I like that. Its a good thing I don't have a ready supply of the stuff anywhere near me.

I'm in Morro Bay now, and you are correct, just between LA and SF. The OC was just getting a bit too wannabee-ish for me, so we leased the house out and moved to a nice spot on the beach in Morro. Better access to all the NorCal tracks, too!

I know schedules are hard to work around, especially with a 5 hour flight involved, but hope you can put it together brah!

RaceBikeRentals
December 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM
For the school thing, I would recommend a Willow Springs weekend. Track is much easier to learn than the other tracks & the school is cheap and happens every Saturday during a race weekend :thumbup:

kkim
December 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Poke Day... I like that. Its a good thing I don't have a ready supply of the stuff anywhere near me.

I'm in Morro Bay now, and you are correct, just between LA and SF. The OC was just getting a bit too wannabee-ish for me, so we leased the house out and moved to a nice spot on the beach in Morro. Better access to all the NorCal tracks, too!

I know schedules are hard to work around, especially with a 5 hour flight involved, but hope you can put it together brah!

Here, ya go!!!

http://www.store.elmerguzman.com/images/shoyu-ahi-poke-working.jpg

I'll do my best. Looking forward to seeing you and the wife, again. Trying to convince my GF to make the trip, too.

For the school thing, I would recommend a Willow Springs weekend. Track is much easier to learn than the other tracks & the school is cheap and happens every Saturday during a race weekend :thumbup:

WS is located just north of LA, correct? I have relatives in SF, so maybe I can incorporate all that I need to do into a single trip. :D

mahalo, brah!!

Kurosaki
December 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah willow springs is about an hour or so north of LA.

RaceBikeRentals
December 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Here, ya go!!!

http://www.store.elmerguzman.com/images/shoyu-ahi-poke-working.jpg

I'll do my best. Looking forward to seeing you and the wife, again. Trying to convince my GF to make the trip, too.

WS is located just north of LA, correct? I have relatives in SF, so maybe I can incorporate all that I need to do into a single trip. :D

mahalo, brah!!

Just stop by here on your way to the airport, Kelly :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60621-d495097-Reviews-Koloa_Fish_Market-Koloa_Kauai_Hawaii.html

Bring the GF (not wife yet????) out and we'll have a blast. She would love the track, right? Lili sure does.... cold, windy, noisy, dusty, dirty, black widows everywhere, obnoxious guys missing teeth with tattoos, etc. LOLOL

kkim
December 2nd, 2008, 12:06 PM
Bring the GF (not wife yet????) out and we'll have a blast. She would love the track, right? Lili sure does.... cold, windy, noisy, dusty, dirty, black widows everywhere, obnoxious guys missing teeth with tattoos, etc. LOLOL

wow, you talkin about your new house??? :lol:

..and pleeeeese!!! you trying to get me in trouble w/ the GF with the wife talk!!!? damn, son we need to have a serious talk when I get there. :mad:

GF was planning to go to the track... talk her up about the conditions and maybe she and Lili will decide to skip it that weekend. :D ...or is Lili your pit crew? :thumbup:

RaceBikeRentals
December 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
wow, you talkin about your new house??? :lol:

..and pleeeeese!!! you trying to get me in trouble w/ the GF with the wife talk!!!? damn, son we need to have a serious talk when I get there. :mad:

GF was planning to go to the track... talk her up about the conditions and maybe she and Lili will decide to skip it that weekend. :D ...or is Lili your pit crew? :thumbup:

Time to man up, like I did, buddy. Its been how long??? :eek::eek:

I'm sure Lili could be persuaded to skip the weekend with your gf unit, but she likes being at the track with her HUSBAND :) I did find her tightening left side control bolts once with an allen wrench :thumbup:

kkim
December 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Time to man up, like I did, buddy. Its been how long??? :eek::eek:

I'm sure Lili could be persuaded to skip the weekend with your gf unit, but she likes being at the track with her HUSBAND :) I did find her tightening left side control bolts once with an allen wrench :thumbup:

Damn... keep talking like that and I'll have to rethink this trip altogether. :p

RaceBikeRentals
December 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm just jealous because you're still getting away with it and I couldn't pull it off any longer.:allhail:

kkim
December 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I'm just jealous because you're still getting away with it and I couldn't pull it off any longer.

shhhh :suspicious:... don't jinx me! :doh:

don't wanna end up...
:wheelchair: :whip:

lol... hope we can make the trip. I think the gf would love it, no matter what the marital circumstances. :whistle:

Kolya1981
December 7th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Must need this on East Coast! Any one know of anything similar on this side of the States? :violin:

stevenz1g
December 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Wow, excellent deal. If it were a little closer I'd totally be up for that program.

rooshio
January 1st, 2009, 11:05 PM
i think maybe i missed something... the idea is "not having to risk your own bike", however they hold you financially responsible for all damages in the case of a crash...

Alex
January 1st, 2009, 11:09 PM
Right, but his little bikes crash very cheaply on the track. Even if you do go down, your out of pocket costs are likely to be much cheaper than if you did the same thing on your own streetbike. And Richard doesn't need to fix a crashed bike back to showroom perfect / pristine condition; it just needs to be repaired to track-safe condition, making any incurred repair costs lower than you might expect. They have no lights, no blinkers, and track plastics on them. All that needs to be replaced in many cases is the pegs, the levers and maybe the bar ends...