View Full Version : Any way to hide a thread?

CynicalC
March 28th, 2012, 05:06 AM
My ninjette bookmark is the forum main page. Generally, to enter a forum I just like to save time by clicking on the last post made in that forum. Well 90% of the time OT is bumped with a new post, it's in that stupid word association thread. Is there any way for me to hide it completely or is it something you can do on your end? Thanks.

dubojr1
March 28th, 2012, 05:30 AM
This could be useful. I know there are some threads on here that wouldn't bother me if I ever seen them in my "unread" list again. Anything you can do Alex? New feature maybe?

CynicalC
March 28th, 2012, 05:58 AM
This could be useful. I know there are some threads on here that wouldn't bother me if I ever seen them in my "unread" list again. Anything you can do Alex? New feature maybe?

Yeah it's not so much the fact that I'm just not interested in the thread. It's more that it just floods the unread list.

Alex
March 28th, 2012, 06:03 AM
I think this plug-in (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127487) might be close to this request. Reading the thread, it seems like it generally works, but isn't perfect. The number of unread posts might not be correct, as it sounds like it still adds in the threads a user is ignoring, but when you actually search for them, the ignored threads are hidden. Someone also posted that there could be a cross-site scripting vulnerability in that plug-in code, so I'd want to understand that better before implementing it here. Another downside is that there is currently no comparable version for the 4.X series, so when we do upgrade, we'd lose this functionality anyway.

CynicalC
March 28th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Please please please.

Like asap.

Totally.

Jiggles
March 28th, 2012, 07:25 PM
im going to start participating in the word association thread :thumbup:

CynicalC
March 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM
im going to start participating in the word association thread :thumbup:

You and everyone else heh

alex.s
March 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
alt-f4

Alex
March 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
alt-f4

http://www.freemania.net/wp-content/uploads/instant-win.bmp

choneofakind
March 28th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Please please please.

Like asap.

Totally.

sorry...

I think I may have been the start of this, since I was the one to insert the word "breast" every chance I could...

it was funny at the time :o

CZroe
March 29th, 2012, 03:31 AM
http://www.freemania.net/wp-content/uploads/instant-win.bmp

ctrl+w

choneofakind
March 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
That was a dirty trick Jet! Guess who just closed his tab and had to re-open ninjette???

:mad:

CZroe
March 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
That was a dirty trick Jet! Guess who just closed his tab and had to re-open ninjette???

:mad:
Heh heh. No confirmation like there is with ALT+F4 with multiple tabs. ;)

I remember when AOL started spamming the world with free floppies and CD-ROMs and suddenly had more new users than they could reasonably support. The chat rooms were full of impressionable noobs on a service FOR impressionable noobs. You could say something like "Press ALT+S to speak to a hottie" and suddenly half of the chat room's capacity was freed up. :) (Shortcut was for sign-off)

Most tabbed browsers have a "Undo Close Tab" option if you didn't mean to do that and there is the "Restore Session" option if it was the last tab.