View Full Version : Aussie Ninja Checking In.

Felix
November 27th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Greetings all, name is Felix, I'm from the sunshine state in Australia...

New to riding, been on my 08 Black Ninja 250r for a couple of months now, clocked up 4300km's. Love the bike, great fun!

Couple of pics. (bit of self indulging)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/felixXR6T/pose1.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/felixXR6T/Image020-1.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/felixXR6T/Image009-4.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t233/felixXR6T/Image002-2.jpg

Felix

kkim
November 27th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Welcome, Felix. Glad you made it. :)

Your bike is looking great!! :woot2:

Alex
November 27th, 2008, 01:13 AM
:welcome: Felix! Glad to have you aboard...

zartan
November 27th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Howdy Felix! :hellokitty:

NJD022588
November 27th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Welcome. Great looking bike!

How do you like the AreaP?

Felix
November 27th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Welcome, Felix. Glad you made it. :)

Your bike is looking great!! :woot2:

Hah thanks man, I'm still in love with it, even if I am looking at getting a new bike soon.

:welcome: Felix! Glad to have you aboard...

Good to be here... Love the site format by the way.

Howdy Felix! :hellokitty:

Hello stranger...

Welcome. Great looking bike!

How do you like the AreaP?

Thanks! Yeah AreaP is great, its MENTAL loud tho, I think if I went again, I would get the quiet core. Then again, nailing this thing puts the biggest smile on my face! Hope to have some good highway overpass style vids soon, might give an idea of how loud it is.

Felix

Sailariel
November 27th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the Forum, Felix. I was going to ask you how loud the exhaust was and you already had answered the question. I am enjoying the quiet of the stock exhaust--still having memories of the sound my Dunstall Norton made with its reverse megaphones. It made some of our local Harley-Davidsons sound like mopeds.

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hah thanks man, I'm still in love with it, even if I am looking at getting a new bike soon.

curious... what are you looking at and will you be keeping the 250?

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM
curious... what are you looking at and will you be keeping the 250?

Would love to keep the 250, but alot of big stuff is going to be happening for me next year... So who knows. Looking at a GSXR750, but there is so many good choices of bikes out there, its really hard to pick. Also love the NEw white ZX10R, and the Duc 848.

Felix

daddysmut
November 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
nice LEDs! welcome :D

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Would love to keep the 250, but alot of big stuff is going to be happening for me next year... So who knows. Looking at a GSXR750, but there is so many good choices of bikes out there, its really hard to pick. Also love the NEw white ZX10R, and the Duc 848.

Felix

Bypassing 600s altogether?

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Bypassing 600s altogether?

Its all up in the air really. I'm heading out bush to the mines, so there wont be much point haveing a bike since it will be sitting in storage back home. So I might just end up getting a dirt bike for a while (no sealed roads), or getting a cheaper 600 to leave here for play when I home for breaks.

The reason for the 750 is the good mix of a 6 and a 10. But i'll have to wait and see what happens early next year.

Felix

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Its all up in the air really. I'm heading out bush to the mines, so there wont be much point haveing a bike since it will be sitting in storage back home. So I might just end up getting a dirt bike for a while (no sealed roads), or getting a cheaper 600 to leave here for play when I home for breaks.

The reason for the 750 is the good mix of a 6 and a 10. But i'll have to wait and see what happens early next year.

Felix

I love 6s. More than enough grunt to do triple digits, yet light enough that they don't feel like porkers in the corners.

the new cbr600RRs are fantastic bikes, IMO... worth a look, at least.

you have a dirt bike too?

Throttle Rocket
November 28th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hello sir ! Glad to see you here ! I believe your reputation preceeds you :D

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/robio549/felix.jpg

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 08:08 PM
No, no dirt bike. But least i could still ride if I got one out there, might be a bit wild tho, bauxite is like driving on marbles.

The other reason I was looking at the GSXR was seating position, lot more friendly than most.

Felix

zartan
November 28th, 2008, 08:09 PM
that is a freakin awesome pict!
Felix. We talked about this before but you did not say how long the job at the Mines is for?

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Hello sir ! Glad to see you here ! I believe your reputation preceeds you :D

Hah, thanks, nice to see you again, still loving that fender elim of yours :P

Felix

BlueTyke
November 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Greetings!!!

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
that is a freakin awesome pict!
Felix. We talked about this before but you did not say how long the job at the Mines is for?

Not sure, 1 year min, maybe 3 or more depends how long I can hack it. The money is sensational so I should keep at it as long as possible.

Felix

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Not sure, 1 year min, maybe 3 or more depends how long I can hack it. The money is sensational so I should keep at it as long as possible.

Felix

that's freakin ridiculous!! ...and I assume the mine is out in the middle of nowhere???

talk about some backed up plumbing!!!

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
that's freakin ridiculous!! ...and I assume the mine is out in the middle of nowhere???

talk about some backed up plumbing!!!

Backed up plumbing?

Yeah its in the middle of nowhere... well one is a nice place, on the coast, beaches etc, if you dont mind sharing with crocs. Lots of bush, creek crossings, wildlife, only 800km to the nearest city.

The other is in the middle of the middle of no where, real isolated, desert country. But the money is INSANE, pay your house off and buy another one kinda insane.

Felix

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Backed up plumbing?

Yeah its in the middle of nowhere... well one is a nice place, on the coast, beaches etc, if you dont mind sharing with crocs. Lots of bush, creek crossings, wildlife, only 800km to the nearest city.

The other is in the middle of the middle of no where, real isolated, desert country. But the money is INSANE, pay your house off and buy another one kinda insane.

Felix

lol... backed up plumbing= no sex! :eek:

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM
lol... backed up plumbing= no sex! :eek:

Haha, now I get ya. Yeah, would be rather 'dry'. Pretty strict on booze to.

Felix

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Haha, now I get ya. Yeah, would be rather 'dry'. Pretty strict on booze to.

Felix

OMG, are you sure that's not hell on earth??!:evil:

just kidding, of course... what do they mine there?

Felix
November 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
OMG, are you sure that's not hell on earth??!:evil:

just kidding, of course... what do they mine there?

Bauxite, iron ore, some oil, bits of everything really.

Australia is very mineral rich.

Felix

kkim
November 28th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Bauxite, iron ore, some oil, bits of everything really.

Australia is very mineral rich.

Felix

Yes, I visited Australia in the early eighties for training. Beautiful country, gracious, friendly people... Only in the Canberra/Orroral valley area, for about a month and a half. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orroral_Valley_Tracking_Station

I guess make the money while you can... play with the toys after you get back. How many tours have you done to date?