View Full Version : Well.. we ARE moving to an all digital world...

NathanUc
April 2nd, 2012, 11:12 AM
so might as well join the craze.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-CaSS7NcwxPg/T3ndCiUuuVI/AAAAAAAAOys/neBjyCD5TbA/s800/2012-04-02_13-08-31_489.jpg

cbdallas
April 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
I'm fine with it as long as it isn't done as badly as the last-generation 650R. Loved everything else about that bike except those gages.

Looks good. What's that from? Maybe room for a little temperature gage on the right side?

NathanUc
April 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm fine with it as long as it isn't done as badly as the last-generation 650R. Loved everything else about that bike except those gages.

Looks good. What's that from? Maybe room for a little temperature gage on the right side?

The fake CF bracket is just temp until I can get one of the pretty ones from overseas. It's just the 250r koso bracket with CF vinyl over it. I don't really like the balance of it and rather have an offset one with a/f gauge to the left, but it's just temporary :P plus it's growing on me

saxnbass
April 2nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
The Koso looks so good with the bracket from Indonesia. Looks good mate :thumbup:

Trailerboy531
April 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
that's sexy.

C L
April 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
What does the koso bracket from indonesia look like?

NathanUc
April 3rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
What does the koso bracket from indonesia look like?

Scroll down a bit in this post for a pic:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=365336&postcount=4

Also, as an update: I went riding at night with this thing.... oooooooh mannnnnnnn it's awesome. talk about distractions though. I thought I would be using the Red but I think the white looks mad sexy! I tried to make a video last night, but was having some issues with my rear set adjusters and wanted to get that fixed first.

CalvinAmI
April 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
I want a digital gage cluster for my '06 !!! Any tips?

NathanUc
April 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
I want a digital gage cluster for my '06 !!! Any tips?

Not sure if you could find a bracket for the pre-gen. I'm not even sure if the pre-gen uses the same cable config as the new-gens.

Here's a quick video:
3NFVUsrbMvA

TheJimmyEnglish
April 4th, 2012, 04:30 PM
How did you get the fuel gauge to work? Is yours FI?

NathanUc
April 4th, 2012, 04:54 PM
How did you get the fuel gauge to work? Is yours FI?

Mines carb'd but my kit was for the carb'd bike as well. Straight plug and play. I still need to wire the optional water and oil temp gauges (going to do that soon when I change oil).

TheJimmyEnglish
April 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
You have a link to where you got that one then?

NathanUc
April 4th, 2012, 05:12 PM
You have a link to where you got that one then?

http://www.amazon.com/Koso-America-GP-Style-Speedometer-BO012001/dp/B0041QMRX2/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333584720&sr=8-1-fkmr1

TheJimmyEnglish
April 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Koso-America-GP-Style-Speedometer-BO012001/dp/B0041QMRX2/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333584720&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Thx mate.

dryosmosis
April 4th, 2012, 07:55 PM
biohazardcycles.com carries the full setup. i believe its like 415 shipped from there if i recall correctly

Reswob
April 4th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I like how the centerpiece of your 'digital' cluster is a big analogue tach.:thumbup:

NathanUc
April 4th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I like how the centerpiece of your 'digital' cluster is a big analogue tach.:thumbup:

To be fair, even if the analog tach needle broke off, it would be 100% functional as there is also a digital tach (the red lights).

pilotgeorge747
April 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Looks pretty nice. Just curious how much this all came out to with the gauge, wiring kit, and Bracket?

saxnbass
April 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Looks pretty nice. Just curious how much this all came out to with the gauge, wiring kit, and Bracket?

biohazardcycles.com carries the full setup. i believe its like 415 shipped from there if i recall correctly

Linkageness (http://www.biohazardcycles.com/servlet/the-5161/KOSO-RX-dsh-2-GUAGE--dsh-/Detail).

pilotgeorge747
April 5th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Wow I think I'd probably pay $200-300 tops to turn my gauges digital otherwise I'm happy with the anolog gauges.

NathanUc
April 5th, 2012, 06:19 PM

Koso RX-2 GP gauge: $296.98
http://www.amazon.com/Koso-America-GP-Style-Speedometer-BA010001/dp/B0022YAH5A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

Temporary bracket: $44.08
http://www.amazon.com/Koso-America-GP-Style-Speedometer-BE005K00/dp/B0041QJQT0/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_c

Plug and play kit: $46.45
http://www.amazon.com/Koso-America-GP-Style-Speedometer-BO012001/dp/B0041QMRX2/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_b

Total cost: $387.51

Normally, that's a lot to spend on something not "needed". I agree; but, I had just gotten a fairly large promotion at the company I work for and have been wanting one of these for some time so I took the plunge.
I'm ordering the lovely bracket + volt from wayanlam tonight as well so if anyone wanted to buy the koso bracket from me for cheap, let me know. (Comes with or without the CF vinyl lol)

EDIT: not to mention, if I ever downgrade to a larger bike, I could still use this gauge.

Dano
April 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
i think its a waste of money but it does look sweet.

NathanUc
April 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM
i think its a waste of money but it does look sweet.

A lot of people think that spending any money on a 250r is a waste of money. It's all about personal taste. I like having a clock, a easy to read/accurate gauge, 0-60 timer, and the ability to check my oil/water temps. It's not a necessarily mod but makes a lot of things easier imo. Similar to rear sets or clip ons.

menikmati
April 5th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I initially planned on installing Koso gauges before I even got a bike, but decided against it after noticing how I never look at the dash.

Dano
April 5th, 2012, 08:28 PM
A lot of people think that spending any money on a 250r is a waste of money. It's all about personal taste. I like having a clock, a easy to read/accurate gauge, 0-60 timer, and the ability to check my oil/water temps. It's not a necessarily mod but makes a lot of things easier imo. Similar to rear sets or clip ons.

i don't think spending money on my 250 is a waste of money but do think replacing good gauges is a waste unless yours r broke, its a racebike ect for that money you could have actually improved the bike like a real good start on better suspension. not sure what kind of rider u are but fancy guages are considered bling to me.

NathanUc
April 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
i don't think spending money on my 250 is a waste of money but do think replacing good gauges is a waste unless yours r broke, its a racebike ect for that money you could have actually improved the bike like a real good start on better suspension. not sure what kind of rider u are but fancy guages are considered bling to me.

Understandable, but I've already done CONSIDERABLE amounts of performance mods to mine. I mainly ride hard on the street but also do some track days. Having a gauge that gives me more information about my riding style and times is a huge improvement to me. Not to mention it's far more visible. It sure isn't something I'd recommend as a first mod, but for me, the only performance mods I could really do would be adjustable rear suspension and upgraded fork springs. The rear suspension would be well over $400 and fork springs would make my commute on dodgy roads less enjoyable.

Since I don't have a car and use my ninjette for EVERYTHING, a little bling is nice from time to time anyways :P

EthioKnight
April 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I noticed you're a fellow victim of the 'scratched triple tree syndrome'...I initially had my bike's key with others (house, cage, misc.) in a key chain and as soon as I saw what those conniving keys were doing, I had to split them...You should probably do the same...:)

NathanUc
April 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I noticed you're a fellow victim of the 'scratched triple tree syndrome'...I initially had my bike's key with others (house, cage, misc.) in a key chain and as soon as I saw what those conniving keys were doing, I had to split them...You should probably do the same...:)

Lol yeah. I used to care but I bought an X-Race triple to install. For a lot of long and boring reasons, it's still on my desk :( I should have it installed in the next week or two.

ator
April 8th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Nathan, what would you say is the degree of difficulty for installing this?

Also, how long would it take to install for someone who is mechanically inclined?

Thanks

NathanUc
April 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Nathan, what would you say is the degree of difficulty for installing this?

Also, how long would it take to install for someone who is mechanically inclined?

Thanks

As long as you buy the plug-and-play kit and can take off the fairings, you could install this lol. Very very very straight forward. Installing the water temp sensor looks like it's a little bit more work, but it's optional and still shouldn't be too bad (I believe there's a guide somewhere on here)

EDIT: I think it took me about 1 to 2 hours but it was the first time I ever took off the front fairing.

ator
April 8th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Yea, I saw the DIY for the temp sensor install. Did you install the temp sensor?

NathanUc
April 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Yea, I saw the DIY for the temp sensor install. Did you install the temp sensor?

Not yet. Not for reasons of difficulty, more for reasons of time and the fact that I wanted to do both water and oil temp sensors at the same time but didn't have an oil filter or crush washer handy.

Hopping to get to it soon though

cbdallas
April 10th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I think it's freakin' sweet. LOVE the ability to change colors.

Somchai
April 10th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Nathan I have a tipp for you.
When you buy the oem part 92002-1427, on the picture no. 92002 (take a look here: http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/12852-kawasaki-2012-ninja-250r-ex250-jcf/assemblies/252431-crankcase) then you can install the sensor for the oil temperature in the oil-main-stream-line (what a word, I've translated from german) Tube-Assy no. 51044 on the opposite side of the oil-pressure-switch. This gives you the advantage that you don't have to remove when you're changing the oil.
I hope it's to understand what I talk about?
PS: I forgot to say, that the Koso-sensor will fit inside.

cbdallas
April 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM

Did this yesterday, since I don't use my house key very often.

EthioKnight
April 11th, 2012, 03:38 PM
^smart man...I'll bet you'll grow tired of putting that plastic tube on and off every time you use that key though...so fail :p