ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > rabies

Rate this Entry

reasoning adrenaline from experiences.

Posted September 21st, 2012 at 01:29 PM by rabies
Updated September 22nd, 2012 at 03:28 PM by rabies

i have been on both sides of the fence with the philosophy of the "why and how" of adrenaline.

for preface. i was a small kid. always picked on, cowardly, timid and shy. always feeling like the little runt that will never be as "brave" as those on bikes doing wheeelies in traffic at 150mph...

after high school drugs, drinking, then the army as an 11b,. witnessing/experiencing ieds (roadside bombs) and vbieds (vehicle born) in iraq, watching lots of people die, driving away from mortars screaming down....
after being back things are completely different.
i would look for fights. i would wander into the other lane looking for trouble. always testing the laws of nature.........WHY?
because im stuck in that mode? yes..but its getting much better.
this isnt about PTSD. stay focused.

i thought to myself...have i "obtained" braveness? YAY!! ..maybe not...
maybe i lost something? maybe the ability to be fearful and cautious is gone(completely)
which really makes everyone i know nervous. im not violent by any means.

but did i gain something to make me brave? or did i actualy lose "sense"
if i did gain something, is it bravery..or jus plain stupidity, lack of respect for life now?

which leads me to this. if this "obtaining" can be had, can anyone get it. how would anyone else receive this without going through...serious life altering/damaging events?

King David was 12 when he killed goliath. nowhere in the bible does it mention that he was fearful.
there are times i can so to speak ramp up my adrenaline. people say it gets released in your body when trauma unfolds. if the trauma is in your mind already and all you have to do is think about the events and you can feel the adrenline released into your blood...

so then that leads me to this...is it all about reasoning? because i can think enough and its there. In the same exact moments in time next to me where people that totaly buckled and bent under the wave of terror. the same that big mouthed about ranger school and weight lifting. and the little ones jumped to duty. irony.

not sure where im going with this....but adrenaline can be on demand now...interesting.
its rather wonderful..but can get you into trouble. i always have to balance bravery vs stupidity vs the laws of nature.

one could misconstrue cockyness n lack of sense for bravery n swavness without wisdom. this gives hope to the meek, it takes thought. for the tuff guy, it doesnt take hormones n large members to be brave. have some humility. what im saying is...either on the track or street..think alot. think quick n decively.

in detail, adrenaline, slows time down. you can think faster and reason quicker. your senses become bolder and almost uncanny. so there cant be a lack of sense then...? right?
without sense in adrenaline times you will wipe out. for instance..in a corner at 100mph..your leaning. there is vibration, there is noise, there is gravity...without sense you would jus go faster because your blood is pumping like crazy.
with sense at the same time you can control every control with your hands and feet. using at the same time your eyes to see behind you and in front of you and also where your steering. at the same time your body leans up to come up. this can be with practice but i see timid people on the track lacking that sense in adrenaline then....slip! skid ride out and into the dirt...or wall......or traffic.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2332 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation