ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > asmith43

Notices

Rate this Entry

New to bikes and ready to learn the hard way

Posted January 18th, 2013 at 06:59 AM by asmith43

New years resolution, start a blog. I'll start by saying I love my bike(2002 ninja 250) on that note she given me a lot of expensive repairs and up keeping's. her back ground... well i don't know much about her. I bought her off of craigslist in October 2012 as a birthday present for my self. i know she has been layed down(but nit by me) and i know know that she didn't get cared for well by her previous rider. back ground on my bike knowledge well there was none, I knew I wanted a ninja. before I got my bike I didn't know what "locking the forks" meant or what engine displacement was, you can throw terms at me and i will have no idea still but im working on it.
I plan on trying to upload videos of me working on my bike because repairs are cheaper when you do them your self! that said i have replaced the read light bulb, changed the rear sprocket, changed the oil, and today i have to put new break pads on.
and before you think psh that's easy(which it probably is) just remember i know NOTHING about changing parts on motorcycles!!
Alright thanks yall, and wish me luck!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9610 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Be very careful with the brake system. It's not terribly complicated, but if it's done incorrectly, it can have very serious consequences. If you have any questions, post up in the forum tech area here for some feedback. Good luck!

Motorcycle Safety Foundation