ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Lychee

Rate this Entry

SMX-Plush

Posted March 29th, 2013 at 12:38 AM by Lychee

I have never been so satisfied with a piece of footwear since that time I bought my Rooster Hiking Boots. My first motorcycle boot is an smx5 nonventilated version. It is HOT! wearing those in the summer time. Also they pinch my toes and have a hard insole. My toes went numb on many a ride. I always thought it was my riding position until I went to work with them and my feet went numb just sitting at my desk. Well, they are riding boots aren't they? So I left an extra pair of shoes at work to change into.
Enter the SMX Plus. It should be SMX-PLUSH. The inside is so soft and the boot is very comfortable. Took them riding for 7 hours or so and then to work for the next week. AMAZING! The ventilated model passes a lot of air to my toes. I didn't have to wait a half an hour after the ride for the feeling to return to my toes. It was fine wearing them all day at work. They also have a multi linked ankle brace that is not present on the smx-5.
I wear a size 9.5 shoe. The smx-5s are a size 43 Euro or 8.5-9 US. A lot of websites say that the sizing is off and to buy one size smaller. That doesn't appear to be true. At least, not anymore. I have tried on SMX Plus size 42's before that fit perfectly. One size 43 that I tried on was too big. These two were of the older 2010 model (The ones with target circles). I tried on a size 44 smx-plus non-ventilated boot and it was huge! However, the ventilated size 44 I bought from the same store fit perfectly. These were the newer 2012 model (the ones with lines). There must have been a correction to the sizing for the newer 2012 model, and perhaps there are also some inconsistency issues in Alpinestars' manufacturing process. I don't think I will ever buy one without trying it on first at this point. There was also a weird pressure point at the location of the multi link. I took the boots off and put them back on and the pressure point went away. Weird. After a week of break in I don't feel any the pressure point anymore. Yes! Mine don't squeak as of yet, but I have wd-40 ready if they do.
They are on closeout everywhere right now. I guess a newer model is about to be released. Alpinestar SMX-Plus: (if it fits )
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8408 Comments 1
« Carburetor Overhaul     Main     Maintenance 2 »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    The stupid zipper pull/velcro hold up zipper thing broke off... goddammit.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation