ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Lychee

Notices

Rate this Entry

Is the water wetter?

Posted August 18th, 2013 at 04:00 PM by Lychee

This Saturday I dumped all the coolant and flushed out the ethyl glycol green stuff. Repeated the procedure 3 times to get it all out. Don't forget to pop the block drain plug. The water came out clear on the last one so I mixed 13 cap fulls of the water wetter with a gallon of distilled water and added it back into the system. Since the coolant was out I also adjusted the valves with my super duper Kawasaki valve tool. Buttoned everything up and synced the carbs. The manometer cannot use containers made out of plastic because the plastic containers collapse inward under vacuum. Why did Snapple stop making glass bottles? Also plastic turkey basters are not good for moving gas as they are damaged by the gas some how.

Test rode on Uvas and it is pretty good. Front end is a a little too stiff I think so I will need to adjust little more. Uvas seems to have some new bumps.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11308 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Why 13 capfulls? That sounds like much more than I ever added, but my memory does fade at some point...

2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex View Comment
    Why 13 capfulls? That sounds like much more than I ever added, but my memory does fade at some point...
    The instructions on the bottle said 3-4 cap fulls per quart. 4 quarts to a gallon. I put in 12 cap fulls and then 1 more for good measure. I did have to remove some of the water to make room for the 13 cap fulls so I added more distilled water to the jug when the bike was about half full. I only used part of the gallon(ish) of mix, so I have extra for next time. If I had a smaller container I would have mixed less. What number sounds right to you?

Temperature reads OK since the conversion. I have no idea if it improved the system or not, but it is good to know that if I should make a mistake and crash, my coolant will not cause someone else to kiss the pavement. Probably.
    Updated September 4th, 2013 at 09:39 AM by Lychee

Motorcycle Safety Foundation