ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Smurfette and Me

Notices

Rate this Entry

Long Distance Lunch

Posted August 17th, 2013 at 12:16 PM by skbrent
Updated August 17th, 2013 at 06:05 PM by skbrent

We went to Burnet for lunch today. Mapquest said the round trip would take 57.39 miles. What does Mapquest know? Wandering around on curvy back roads we managed to turn it into a 84.8 mile trip.

It's a good thing my boyfriend is a very patient man. Of course I stopped to take pictures and he would notice I wasn't behind him anymore, turn around and patiently wait while I took my pictures .

Nothing particularly interesting as far as road side oddities go. There was a neat old bridge...and a llama. Unfortunately the llama wasn't ON the bridge, that would have made for a much more interesting picture. I did get a picture of the giant oatmeal can in Oatmeal, Tx...it's pretty much the only thing in Oatmeal except once a year during Oatmeal Fest.

Next weekend I think I'll head out to Luling, Tx to see the water tower painted to look like a giant watermelon...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4005 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation