ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

Atlanta to Socal Trip: Day 1

Posted May 27th, 2009 at 03:46 AM by sometimesido

18 hours on a motorcycle, using steel belt out of a tire shred on a side of the highway to reset a mp3 player, getting blown around by a texas storm while going 5 mph, and yet I have just begun my own "motorcycle diaries."
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 13

Posted May 19th, 2009 at 03:36 PM by sometimesido

Man, I've been neglecting this.

Ok, so all of the 12k service is done.
I will do a fresh oil change some time this week.

Less than a week to go! I am excited!

Ordered a GoPro cam wheeee!
http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php...2&productid=2#

starting the weld for the "saddlebags" tomorrow hopefully.

talked to one of my buddies in cali and he will be in SD next week. Will probably spend a night in SD and maybe go sailing courtesy of him. Awesome!

It's looking like I'll have to cut Arkansas and Oklahoma this time since I've decided to make the SE Rally on 5th through the 7th.
This is going to be a close one. I don't know if I'll make it back in time, especially with some of the wonderful destinations on the way back.

i need a bigger mp3 player... my 512mb ipod will only cover about 5 hours...
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 12

Posted April 10th, 2009 at 05:29 PM by sometimesido

Welp, ordered a new front tire today.
Pirelli Sport Demon!
Riding boots might have to wait...

I wanted to change my spark plugs today, but I got sidetracked...

I need to adjust the valves and sync the carbs by end of this weekend!! Grrr...
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 11

Posted April 9th, 2009 at 10:17 AM by sometimesido

Ok, so I have some funds coming in from the reserves and I just might be able to take this trip on the last full week of May.

Still have to order the front tire before I go.

My friend who originally said I could stay at her couch might be busy, but guess what? my other friend in cali just got home from Iraq and said I could stay at his place! It's good to have friends all over the country...I'm thankful.

More to follow.
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 10

Posted March 27th, 2009 at 09:42 AM by sometimesido

Holding off the trip to California does not mean I'm stopping with the planning too!

Oh, ideas, ideas, ideas.
I went over to the Adventure Rider forums to get some inspiration and knowledge. I find very little through ginormous amount of useless posts.
The single most inspirational story is still a guy named Wan on his Honda Ruckus traveling all over the States.

Anyways, I've considered hard luggage while checking out this page, http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Hard_luggage and thought about buying those JCWhitney cases.
I started thinking though, it's still expensive for me to buy two of those for saddle bags or even three to put one on top.

So, upon going through hundreds of posts at ADV, I wanted to do something that I have not seen on a ninja before.

$15 bucks each at surplus store.
Yea, not as big, can't...
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 9

Posted March 23rd, 2009 at 10:34 AM by sometimesido

I will have to put this trip on hold it looks like.

12k mile service is just few hundred miles away and I want to do everything right. I'd rather spend the money on maintenance parts then get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Here's the maintenance schedule:Service Schedule

I replaced the rear tire and it's looking like I'll need to order front tires too as 4600 miles more(socal round trip) will be a bit of stretch.

Kenda K671
200 miles. Have no issues so far. I think it actually grips better than factory Dunlops at half the price. This tire is supposed to last 15k+ miles(?) so I am happy.
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 8

Posted March 20th, 2009 at 10:30 AM by sometimesido

Missed a day. Oh well.

I just couldn't wait and went to Helen for a ride.
I posted a thread on Ride Reports section.

My rear tire just got here!
Guess I'll update this later.
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 7

Posted March 18th, 2009 at 07:55 PM by sometimesido

I got my tank bag and revised the mount for GPS.

pics here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...4646#post34646

Tires and other parts will be here either tomorrow or friday.

I messaged my buddies in Texas, Arizona, and California to let them know I will be coming around and asked them if I could spend a night.
They all said, "of course!" which is relieving.

I could definitely use more room than this, but Can't afford saddlebags right now. I shall try to cram more stuff in the backpack!

Almost ready to go...Time will tell.(and funds...)
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 6

Posted March 17th, 2009 at 08:10 PM by sometimesido

I put some stuff on my bike!

I almost got hit by a SUV again, so I put these adjustable spot mirrors I picked up at Wal-mart for $1. It works great!

I used the auxiliary out on the ninja to wire up a weatherized 12 volt cigarette lighter power outlet. Plugged in is the cord for GPS.

Used the suction cup mount just to test it out. This won't be permanent but it holds!

My friend Paul testing out the GPS after helping me out with the wiring.
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 5

Posted March 16th, 2009 at 08:31 PM by sometimesido

Great! I found couple more rips on my 3 year old mesh gloves. Oh look, it's still raining outside!

So, off we go out in the rain to ride to my nearest bike accessory shop to buy a set of gloves, but I knew I needed other things...

Only decent one I liked was $69.99 which I didn't want to pay so I didn't. I bought an oil filter(Fram part # CH6012) and made an order for the front brake pads(EBC part # FA129HH). They're prices were same as an online company I was looking at earlier. I said, same price, same amount of days to get it, but store front to return to? I'll order them.

While there, I asked the older gentleman who was helping me with the order if he knew any product that works on foggy face shield. He looked at my helmet and and knew exactly what model it was and...
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation