ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Smurfette and Me

Notices

Rate this Entry

...the road goes on forever and the party never ends...this is where mine begins.

Posted August 16th, 2013 at 08:59 AM by skbrent

I’ve officially been a motorcycle rider for a grand total of 16 days. I took a motorcycle safety course the weekend of July 27th. Class ended early afternoon on Sunday and that’s when I started looking for a bike. I got my license the following Thursday (August 1st) and bought my Ninja 250, affectionately named Smurfette, on Sunday, August 3rd.
I’ve got about 400 miles in so far. The shifting is getting a little bit smoother, the corners are getting slightly faster. My heart no longer skips a beat when I hit a tiny little bump at 70. All in all, life is good.
I plan to use this blog kind of as a personal diary of my life on a motorcycle. I’ll post pictures, comments and accomplishments. I make no promises as to content or frequency of posts. My thoughts are not life-altering. My posts will not be deep and enlightening dissertations on the meaning of life. My posts will be rife with sarcasm and inane observations. You will find pictures of roadside oddities, bugs and unidentifiable objects that I just thought looked cool. This blog is for my own entertainment and I have no delusions that others will want to follow it.
…and so begins my two-wheeled journey (much to my mother’s dismay).
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7269 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment

Motorcycle Safety Foundation