ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

How to clean sight glass

Posted June 25th, 2013 at 09:39 AM by ubxssangz

I have a 09 ninja 250 and wondering if anyone knows how to clean the sight glass.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

'Maning-up' like a lady

Posted June 17th, 2013 at 05:13 PM by sassyninja

After being told to "Man-up" I finally worked up the courage to take my Ninja to work, even thou there is some crazy and stupid seal coating sh*t being laid down along the highway I take. That and saving about 30$ a fill up was some incentive. I have to say I'm almost proud of myself for doing it! It's definatly alot sketchy and I probably pissed everyone behind me off but don't really care! I drove where I felt comfortable at a speed I felt comfotable, and I told myself every 10 seconds 'it's just like dirt biking'. I turned my mirrors inward to avoid feeling pressure from the cars riding my a** and only scared the sh*t out of myself a couple times.One time for going to fast for the 3 inch deep loose gravel I was on and then mid corner the bike slipped out a bit which means I was probably going to fast again. NOT excited to go home in the morning and have to do it all over again! But super stoked on saving gas money and getting some kms on Ninja. Money saved on gas = Shopping...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

2003 Ninja 250 mods, accessories and rider gear

Posted May 26th, 2013 at 08:00 PM by iplante
Updated November 1st, 2013 at 06:50 AM by iplante

Completed mods in black
Upcoming, planned or wanted mods in grey
(*) means I have the parts, just need installing

Gas Tanks
- 2003, Magma Orange
  • ProGrip tank protector
  • Fix punctured tabs
- 2006 or 2007, Black
  • "Ninja" tank pad
  • Paint magma orange

Aesthetics
- Paint: Volkswagen magma orange (#LD2C)
- Sailor Specialties fender eliminator
- PowerStands universal license plate bracket
- Western Power Sports (WPS) cat eye turn signals (rear)
- "Ninja" bar ends
- Black hex fairing screw kit (had to shave 2-3mm off the screws that mount the upper cowling to the gas tank. Suckers punctured my tank )
- New mirrors (* ordered)
- Powder coat cargo hooks, exhaust hangers, rear sets and rear "handles" black
- Rim tape

Ergonomics / Comfort
- ZeroGravity Double Bubble, dark smoke
- WoodCraft lowered risers, black bars
- EX500 clutch...
I ride like a granny
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Create new and improved caution signs for drivers to look out for motorists

Posted May 23rd, 2013 at 11:35 AM by mintyfox

California, amongst many other states, should create signs to remind drivers that they share the road with motorists. It is easier to prevent needless, reoccurring accidents if people are reminded of the safety steps they need to do daily. Just because a motorcycle isn't easy to see, doesn't mean it isn't there. Many deaths and serious injuries are caused by drivers who didn't take their time to look over their shoulder before turning. A motorists has the same rights a driver does on the road, lets make it look more evident!

http://www.change.org/petitions/cali...-for-motorists
RingAroundTheRosey
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Overtorquing the rocker arm locknuts during a valve adjustment on a pregen

Posted May 19th, 2013 at 05:40 AM by n4mwd
Updated June 4th, 2013 at 04:43 AM by n4mwd

Blog moved to: blogspot
ninjette.org certified postwhore
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Learning the hard way.

Posted May 12th, 2013 at 07:29 PM by sassyninja

Well.... its been awhile! (I passed my MST a few weeks ago and have been glued to my bike since... Well since it rained yesterday ) I put just over 1000km on Sassy in just over a week. Its a blast and I love it for the most part.
K this is the only place Ill ever admit this... I think my boyfriend was right... I wanted the waterproof ****! F**king rain... jacket-not water proof, gloves- not water proof, F**king rain! not to mention my boots-not water proof! I drive 300km (round trip) for my job... Learning about the weather APP on my iphone is somewhat useful, ESP when its showing me a possibility of rain. I need to invest in better gear. Or .... 'waterproof' gear... So to top off the effin wet and cold ride home I feel a cold coming on!
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

somewhat finished

Posted May 7th, 2013 at 08:35 PM by inkyben

Finished up the front end project on my little 250 today and I'm pretty satisfied with the end result. The biggest problem was mounting the blinkers to an inconspicuous area that would keep them as close as possible to the headlight assembly. So the bike now looks like an alien and I'm fine with that lol, I just couldn't stand the whole 1980s square headlight and front end boxy setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00499-2.jpg (144.1 KB, 1 views)
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

the new guy

Posted May 6th, 2013 at 05:36 PM by inkyben

I've looked through this forum a couple times for wiring diagrams for my 2005 ex250 and found this to be a very reliable place for information and as I've read through the posts I'm seeing some friendly people I can learn from and also share my knowledge of Kawi's with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00459 (1).jpg (122.0 KB, 0 views)
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bad Place

Posted May 4th, 2013 at 04:21 PM by Joshorilla

I hurt my baby today, I thought the kickstand was still down as she wouldn't start or prime the injectors, so I went to get the petrol can.. She kept on going till I realised the kickstand hadn't gone all the way down, I managed to lay her on my leg so no damage other than the indicator and a slightly bent shifter, so all good.

Turned out the kill switch is falty, flipped it off and on and it worked, I had originally stopped to walk three miles to get petrol in a £10 jerry can, daylight robery! No I wasn't chancing it, the fuel warning light didn't come on, and I have no gauge.

Problem after problem, I am very fed up and angry, it's put me in a downward spiral.

I'm in the most perculiar mood, if I were a woman I would probably say "hormones playing up" but alas, i'll just sit here listening to Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere in the dark, i've got Enya - Caribean Blue lined up next, I think I may start laughing or crying.. Hmmm, I do hope...
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Summer Temptations

Posted May 3rd, 2013 at 09:04 AM by Joshorilla

Why is it when summer comes around I get so tempted to buy a new bike, I am terrible for this.

I very almost just brought a zxr400 and i'm still tempted to say to the guy "TAKE MY MONEY!" Hmmpfh, i'm like a bike mormon, gotta get me another bike bride!
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation