ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > VT Wes

Rate this Entry

Painting the Fairings

Posted September 15th, 2010 at 08:16 PM by VT Wes

I was asked what I was using as filler material to repair the surface of the fairings and the product I'm using is from SEM. It's their plastic panel filler that I really like. It really adheres well and sands out very nicely, in fact I have not used any skin coat over it, just painted directly over. I'm also using Fusion paint from Krylon, I could have used a regular automotive paint but for my situation that would have been a lot more expensive since I'm doing this project when I can and the weather is getting colder so my "painting" days are limited. If I had done this with automotive paint I probably could get a nicer finish, but I would have had to paint everything at once and found a place where I could do it, the Krylon paint job is something I can do in my yard and for a much lower cost. I'm actually pretty happy with the finished product too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(12).JPG (72.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg photo(13).JPG (72.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg photo(15).JPG (85.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg photo(16).JPG (86.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg photo(17).JPG (86.4 KB, 1 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3586 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation