ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > sassyninja

Rate this Entry

MY FIRST RIDE! Pt 1

Posted April 20th, 2013 at 07:04 PM by sassyninja

I walk through the door and run to my room where all my equipment is, I tear off the tags and get on my jacket, shoes, helmet, and gloves and run outside to where my partner is putting on my shiny new plate. Impatiently tapping my foot I boss him to go faster and to get his '****' on so we can get on the road! after what seems like an eternity I slam my visor shut and jump on my bike. I turn the key on and press the button an Sassy(bike bike) comes alive. She feels my excitment and we make our way down the road. Im nervous and my partner knows that, so we stick to quiet roads and make our way out of town to one of our favorite winding roads. At first I felt like we could be pushing the corners a bit harder but then soon realized why we were taking it easy. I found myself part way into a hard right handed corner going a bit fast(still within the speed limit) and to scared to lean in harder and to scared to brake due to the slippery wet road conditions. I was going wide around the corner, wide in the opposing traffics lane(ops). After that I let my partner take the lead knowing that he could drive these roads with his eyes closed and he know how to take the corners in a manner he knew wouldnt overwhelm me. As he passes me hes shaking his dissapproving, all I could think was 'I know jackass' hence why I let you lead! After awhile we get to the end of the turns and he pulls over to check in. Im feeling the cold considering its still a bit from summer but overall Im feeling good. Im one of those people who learns hands on. So of course hes smiling and says' you know that was a mistake', I say 'of course, but really its your fault for putting the fear of god into me about corners and braking and of the road conditions!'. He says forget what I said about braking into corners and use your brakes!
So lesson learned! The hard way! Thank god there was no one coming but its one of those things that I know i wont forget.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2324 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation