ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > sometimesido

Notices

Rate this Entry

Motorcycle trip planning - Day 3

Posted March 12th, 2009 at 11:44 PM by sometimesido

I started spending money...

1. Tank bag. I found one for 15 bucks @ newenough. It's a strap on that was on closeout, but can't beat it for that price!
http://www.newenoughhp.com/closeouts..._tank_bag.html
I'm probably going to pick up some magnets from a hardware store to put it on the bottom of the bag.

2. Rear tire. I've decided to go with the touring tire given that round trip will be around 5,000 miles. Upon research, I've decided to go with Kenda K671 which I found @ americanmototire.com for $55 and change.
http://www.americanmototire.com/cata...oducts_id=2524

3. Stretchy net. to hold my backpack in place behind me. 10 bucks at a local bike shop.

4. non cotton tshirt/underwear. I read about this on ninja250.org. makes sense. 20 bucks for a tshirt and 1 pair of boxershorts.

5. LED head mounted flashlight, bungee cords, 12v cigarette light power outlet. First two are self explanatory. power outlet is for GPS/phone charging.

6. GPS! Well, not quite. My good friend Matt offered to let me borrow his GPS unit. This is a saving around $100 as I was about to buy a cheapie unit. Decided not to spend money on a mount. It will be in the tank bag clear map pocket. I have to ask him what model it is. I hope it's not hard drive based...

7. Blind spot mirrors. This was on clearance at Walmart for ONE whole dollar! A pair! and it's adjustable. There are two parts to the mirror and it swivels 360 degrees. I couldn't pass it up for a buck.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2497 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation