ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

Starting week 4 bike only...

Posted September 27th, 2014 at 05:20 PM by ally99

...and I'm considering cheating. There is a 100% chance of rain in the forecast Monday. It sounds like it's gonna be a messy one. I have ordered my rain suit, but it won't be here before Monday arrives. Dammit, I'm a pussy I guess. I made it 3 weeks of two-wheels only. Whoohoo.
Ninja chick
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Starting week 3 bike only

Posted September 21st, 2014 at 03:59 PM by ally99

About to begin week 3 of bike only transportation, and I can't wait! The weather is going to be beautiful with highs in the 70s and 80s and lows in the 50s-60s. Abundant sunshine.
I think it's going to be a good week.

Edit: So I have to take my dog to obedience class on the other side of town tomorrow. Is it cheating if I get a friend to take me? Hmm....
Ninja chick
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Week 2 of bike only

Posted September 17th, 2014 at 05:44 PM by ally99

Week number 2 of "Bike Only" from here until I can
a) no longer take it,
or
b) can afford to get my car fixed. (I teach. Therefore I want to avoid this if possible.)

**This means using only motorcycle or bicycle.

So, um, it's not even cold yet, and it's been an adventure. My leather jacket's armor seems to be "breaking" into pieces the last few times I've worn it. Goodie.
What else? I went out to pick up dinner and ended up with 2 drinks to get home with only my backpack. Hmm. Covered the cups with foil and "secured" a plastic lid. Placed both cups in a plastic sack and tied tightly. Stood both up in the bottom of my backpack, and the casualty was about 1/3 of one of the cups of tea had spilled because the lid came off due to the tin foil. Considering the bumps on my route home and the fact I had an open cup in my backpack, that was some smooth riding.
What else?...
Ninja chick
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Why do I ride?

Posted February 25th, 2012 at 07:00 PM by ally99

Riding is...

an escape...
a release...
an exercise in focus...
a new level of trust in yourself...
a new level of belief in yourself...