ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Some people and their kids...

Notices

Friday on my way home from work was a pretty average Friday commute in SoCal. Lots of slow bumper to bumper traffic and lots of white lining. So I was about 3/4 of the way home, white lining between the 1+2 lanes of a 4 laner when I noticed a tan SUV about 7 cars ahead of me in the 1 lane start to merge into the 2. Traffic was probably going between 10-20 mph and I was doing about 30-40 tops. So I slow down a bit and wait for him to finish his unsignaled lane change and after about 10 seconds of following him with his right tires in the 2 lane and the rest of his vehicle in the 1 lane it dawned upon me that this guy was being a bag for a feminine product after traffic cleared in the 2 lane I pulled next to him and said " why would you block me? Lane splitting is a thing" his reply was to point towards the sky with a single finger extended between his ring and index finger. His wife/sister/significant other/whoever in the passenger seat was clearly a bit distraught and did not like what he was doing. I told him "your being an idiot and can kill someone by doing this" he gave me a repeat reply as the last. I was 1/2 tempted to smash off his mirror and speed off but decided against it in the hopes that karma would prevail.
Commuting stress I spend over 2 hours a day commuting to and from work. On an average day I almost die at least twice because of caged animals. It's still my therapy time.
Old

pretty average commute this morning until...

Posted June 3rd, 2016 at 09:46 AM by 1wardogusmc (Some people and their kids...)
Updated June 6th, 2016 at 12:59 PM by 1wardogusmc

I went the whole ride with no real issues until the last turn in to work. There was a bicyclist going the same direction as me as we approached a stop sign where I make a right to get to work. I put my right blinker on, stopped and proceeded to go right and almost got t-boned by the bicyclist who I guess thought he didn't have to stop...
ninjette.org member

Old

tunnel vision

Posted June 2nd, 2016 at 03:15 PM by 1wardogusmc (Some people and their kids...)
Updated June 6th, 2016 at 12:57 PM by 1wardogusmc (i put the wrong lanes for the second incident)

So I wake up at 330 to get to work by 6 most mornings. I like to shower, shave and catch up on current events prior to leaving just before 5. Fast forward to about 530 and me on a 4 lane highway a little over half way to work. I'm in the 2 lane doing 85 in traffic doing about 75-80. I'm coming up on a pickup truck so I put my right blinker on for about 5 seconds and start to go over when a blue Prius in the 4 lane zips over without a signal or a care. I calmly get right back into the #2 lane accelerate past the Prius and get into the 2 lane. Fast forward about 3 minutes. I'm in the 3 lane coming up on a new yellow corvette so I put my left blinker on and start to merge when a blue Prius (it's always a Prius trying to kill me) zips from the 1 to the 2 without a signal or a care. Road rage took hold and about 15 seconds later I looked down and saw I was doing 167 and the yellow blur of a corvette passing by as I slowed down. I'm guessing he thought I wanted to race...
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle Safety Foundation