ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Ghostt

Rate this Entry

Rearview camera install

Posted November 16th, 2014 at 04:03 PM by Ghostt
Updated November 27th, 2014 at 07:28 AM by Ghostt

It's modification time, and what is it this time, how about a rearview camera?, ok I can do that.

It's pretty much an easy thing to install, just have to find some switched power, no problem tapped into the license plate light leads.

The hardest part was figuring out where to mount the 3.5" screen, let's face it not a lot of room for much on this bike, and also had to keep it in view the best it could. I finally picked the master cylinder, and using some 3M heavy duty tape, problem solved.

Mounting the camera is easy as well, I know it's not a clean install, but I wanted to make sure I had it all set up right, and more importantly would I like it .

My initial thoughts are it's very cool, and you can definitely see what behind you now. With the bike running the video signal is a little bit jumpy, due to the non-clean/static power of the bike, but it's not too bad. I will let you all know after I've put some miles on it to give my final answer.

So if I like it, I will clean up the installation a bit.

Update: I enjoy having the extra safety and security of the camera, it does come in handy, especially during low light conditions.

The 3M mounting tape is holding extremely well, so no concerns about that. The only downside is the LCD screen is NOT weather proof, I have when the bike is parked I just cover it with a Ziploc bag, while riding it stays relatively dry.

Final verdict: for the money I paid for the set up, eBay auction for under $20 USD I'm happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone else whom is looking for another cheap, and easy safety modification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6061256605968245170.jpg (195.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 6061256658966962386.jpg (109.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 6061256721482087506.jpg (114.6 KB, 9 views)
Views 2932 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation