ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old
Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.

Everything Canceled

Posted January 14th, 2016 at 06:59 PM by HoneyBadgerRy

On my way home from PT I saw a dodge pulling out of his driveway, I swerved to avoid him, when I tried to bring the carb back it hit a wet ice patch and spill rapidly, I hit a power line pole and totaled my car. This leaves my torn apart Ninja as my most reasonable form of transportation in Northern Indiana. I slapped the motor back together left the fairings off, and all modifications are on hold until I get another beater car. (Might be this summer, might not he till I get back home from boot camp.)
ninjette.org certified postwhore
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Suspension Upgrades

Posted October 21st, 2015 at 04:59 PM by HoneyBadgerRy
Updated December 28th, 2015 at 06:30 PM by HoneyBadgerRy

I cut the fork springs to have the proper strength for my 134lb ass, slid the forks an inch up, and mouned clipons above the trippleclamps. Installed a 2004 Zx6r shock with zero preloaded, made 6.5" dogebones, and installed pirelli mt75s front and back. The bike feels planted. I had to remove the dash and install the trailtech vapor, lighter weight, more accurate, better looking, its a win win. The bike has more stance, I haven't pushed it yet (wet pavement dark, new suspension = no pushing), but it feels a lot better.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Engine Mods

Posted October 21st, 2015 at 04:54 PM by HoneyBadgerRy
Updated January 6th, 2016 at 08:13 AM by HoneyBadgerRy

My goal for my engine is most HP between 10,000 and 12,000 rpm and increase throttle responce, drivability, idle, and power below 8k doesn't matter.. I installed the K&N R-0990 and measured to make sure the intake track was the proper length, it was 7.5" perfect, I also removed all casting flaws from the head. I will either install high compression pistons, or deck the cylinder, I will broaden the intake port, polish the combustion chamber and the exhaust. I plan on installing an intake cam in the exhaust and retarding the cam gear a few degrees, but that is uncharted territory, and I won't have any dyno access until the beginning of April, and even then it will be difficult and I won't have many tools, so I don't know if I will be able to adjust cam timing. So far the bike is running a hell of a lot better than stock, pulls very smooth, jetting is perfect. Let's hope the engine build keeps going this smooth.

I'm not sure how far the stock coils will...
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation