ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Lychee

Notices

1. Old Comment

Suspension tune 3

Road Uvas yesterday. Unbelieveable. I love this bike.

Now to save money to buy some held gloves, a new jacket, and some track time.
  2. Old Comment

Suspension tune 3

Gone is the rear sport demon, in favor of a gt 501. Now just to find some time to ride.

Adjusted rear preload to 2nd setting to adjust for rider sag.
    Updated September 13th, 2013 at 10:51 AM by Lychee
  3. Old Comment

Suspension tune 3

A nail! Damned devil spikes!

I guess the next uvas run is not going to be for awhile.
  4. Old Comment

Suspension tune 3

So.. After reading all these articles on fork tuning, I went and checked the tire pressures. The rear wheel was dangerously low and front was getting there. No wonder it was so hard to push the bike around the garage. What an accident waiting to happen. I could not tell anything by visually checking like for car tires. Moto tires must have very stiff side walls. Well time to test it out again, but with normal tire pressures.
  5. Old Comment

Suspension tune 3

Bike was very vague in the front at speed when I tried Uvas. Kind of scary to ride leaned over. It felt like the handlebars wanted to oscillate more than I was comfortable with.
  6. Old Comment

Is the water wetter?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex View Comment
    Why 13 capfulls? That sounds like much more than I ever added, but my memory does fade at some point...
    The instructions on the bottle said 3-4 cap fulls per quart. 4 quarts to a gallon. I put in 12 cap fulls and then 1 more for good measure. I did have to remove some of the water to make room for the 13 cap fulls so I added more distilled water to the jug when the bike was about half full. I only used part of the gallon(ish) of mix, so I have extra for next time. If I had a smaller container I would have mixed less. What number sounds right to you?

Temperature reads OK since the conversion. I have no idea if it improved the system or not, but it is good to know that if I should make a mistake and crash, my coolant will not cause someone else to kiss the pavement. Probably.
    Updated September 4th, 2013 at 09:39 AM by Lychee
  7. Old Comment

Is the water wetter?

Why 13 capfulls? That sounds like much more than I ever added, but my memory does fade at some point...
  8. Old Comment

Drill Drill Drill

Took another look at the forks on Friday. After I pulled out the springs I checked the air gap and there was about 130mm. Odd. What the measurements don't say is if the air gap is measured with springs that are totally clean of oil. I am fairly certain that the oil still on the spring when I pulled it out would account for the loss. So therefore for consistency the springs need to be sprayed down with brake cleaner every time the air gap is measured.

I also looked at the front wheel again. You have to torque the axle before tightening the fork mounts. That way the forks line up right and no pressure is on the axle. The front wheel spins freely now.
  9. Old Comment

SMX-Plush

The stupid zipper pull/velcro hold up zipper thing broke off... goddammit.
  10. Old Comment

Carburetor Overhaul

where the hell do you find 2 stainless steel snap rings....
  11. Old Comment

New suspension...

Bought tools and went home to button it up at lunch yesterday. I think the shock is fine with no swinging based on some informed opinions and a couple of educational links on hour glass bushings. Rode it back to work after lunch. SSssssolid. Maybe a little over dampened. Ah what can you do. Preload is set at softest setting. I think. Really wish I had one of those minature spanner wrenches that came with the newer 250's. The behemoth tire iron sized tool I got from Road rider will have to do. I noticed a blue dribble on the back of the engine under the stupid coolant pipe again. DAmn! I think the hose and hose clamp needs to be replaced. What do you know I'll need to swap out the coolant again anyway to put in that water wetter stuff. Every time I knock some things off the list of stuff to do it keeps growing!

Race tech blue and silver preload springs for the emulators on order!
  12. Old Comment
  13. Old Comment

Carburetor Overhaul

Turns out the key was leaner, the bog is now mostly tuned out with the pilot screw set at 2 turns and all the jet needle washer shims taken out.
  14. Old Comment

Carburetor Overhaul

There is still a slight bog on roll on. It is much less than before. Idle seems to not want to stay down. I will try reducing the pilot to 2.5 turns next

Motorcycle Safety Foundation