ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Ghostt

Notices

Rate this Entry

7 jurock touring windscreen review

Posted November 16th, 2014 at 05:19 PM by Ghostt
Updated June 7th, 2015 at 06:21 PM by Ghostt

Okay road test done, and here is my official review of the 7 JUROCK windscreen, but first here is the info from their website:

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.p...&productId=324

Product Information*

OEM Measurement 11.5" Height, 10" Width*

7Jurock replacement windshield for*KAWASAKI 250R NINJA*1988 ? 2007 Models*follows the same lines and contours as the original Kawasaki*OEM windscreen.*7Jurock offers:* 12" ? 18" Height, 14" Width.*This*windshield is wider than the original, providing the rider arms*torso wind protection.**Beautifullyhandcrafted from 0.187 (3/16") thick cast military aircraft grade acrylic, specified for optical clarity.*Available in Clear,*Light Gray and Dark Gray.* All shields are D.O.T. approved and are manufactured to order.**Edges are hand ground*and polished.***CNC cut and drilled ready to install.**Height is measured along the center line of the windshield and width near the top.**NOTE:* Dark Gray is 0.125 (1/8").

Note:*No*mounting hardware, mounting brackets, mounting kits and/or any accessories (required for installation) will be included
with the purchase of our Replacement Windshield.

Ok now that that's out of the way, let the review begin;

I would first like to extend a special thank you to Sonia Torres, from 7 JUROCK. She answered all my emails promptly, and always had the answers, and was great to deal with, she even took my order over the phone.

I ordered the 18" in dark smoke(73% tint) and I asked if they could add a flip to it, Sonia said yes, I also told her I'm a tall person(6'3"/with a 34" inseam) and can they make the flip more aggressive, she said yes as well. So I placed my order and waited like a kid waiting on Santa Claus for FedEx to show up.

After what seemed like forever it arrived, the windscreen was exceptionally packaged, so no damage during shipping. I tore into the box like a Christmas present, and was not disappointed, the finish on the windscreen was top notch, no rough edges, and no distortion. I was worried that an 18" might be too much,and look bad, too big,etc.....

Installation was a breeze, as it should be if the windscreen is well made, and this one is superior, fit was dead on, fastening holes are clean and no rough edges. After installation I was relieved that it looked great, and not too much as I had worried about.

Road test, so now comes the meat of the review. Now with the stock windscreen the wind use to hit me about mid chest, not much protection, as expected. So now at highway speeds, and maybe at time a little bit over, the windscreen hits me about the middle of my full face helmet visor, and almost little on my chest, and shoulders, the only downside was I found myself a bit warmer than usual, due to lack of airflow over myself, which is to be expected, and not a bad thing.

So there you have it, 7 JUROCK is the probably the only manufacturer whom make such a screen for the bike, add to that the number of options you can choose, and very affordable.

If anyone has any further questions, feel free to as myself, or give Sonia Torres a call at 7 JUROCK.

*7Jurock.com orders are custom-made, and ship within 7 business days*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6051233160787442770.jpg (229.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 6051233083094517042.jpg (240.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 6051503467714040210_1.jpg (108.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 6051503284888675698.jpg (256.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg KAW01024_DIM_1.jpg (28.1 KB, 104 views)
Views 8926 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation