ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > thsadmin

Notices

Rate this Entry

Re-Upholstering On a Budget

Posted May 14th, 2009 at 07:09 AM by thsadmin

My latest project is re-Upholstering on a budget, I was looking at a few threads and like the look of the new covers ... so I was going to buy a set which would have cost me about $70 - $80 (Aussie dollars) for the complete set.

I was after the main seat, pillion seat and the two knee guard covers.

My old set is painted black, wearing thin, starting to crack and paint is rubbing off.

So here was my budget shopping for the day :

$8 for the Vinyl - about 1.5 Metres by 70cms.
$10 for the Staple Gun.
$7 for brush and glue.

So for $25 (Aussie Dollars = $20usd), I had the vinyl and tools to do the job, the staple gun is a tight ass model - so may struggle.

Starting Project :

I have started the project - just to test waters, I started and finished one knee guard, the Staple Gun did struggle but got the job done, the tight ass glue seems to have worked. One slight hiccup was the old (stock) vinyl had a thin layer of foam on it ... oh well.

Will upload some new pics when finished. Wish me luck ...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18919 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Good luck!

2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Good luck!
    Thanks ... LoL ... I stripped the seat in preparation, I knew I was pushing it as the material was running low, I began stapling and fixing the material to the seat and it was getting evident that I was going to be short ... one inch short.

Dang it, one bloody inch more of material and I would have been fine. So now I need to buy that little bit more to finish the seat.

That's another $10 on to my tight ass budget ... just my luck.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation