ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

Chapter 5

Posted June 18th, 2009 at 10:49 AM by Alex (How to Grow a Fun and Useful Motorcycle Forum!)

1000+ users, 50,000+ posts, and a whole bunch of happy ninjette owners apparently enjoying themselves here. What else could we want?
ninjette.org dude
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

First ride on some real streets.

Posted June 7th, 2009 at 08:58 PM by crystalh

Got the bike out to see what it could to today. Took it out on the freeway, got it going pretty quick while still being safe and sane. Unfortunately, got over-confident and when I was pulling out of a parking lot with my feet on the ground, something happened and I dropped er on it's side and messed up the fairing where the front signal light is . Got it as fixed as I can for now but the fairing is going to need to be replaced. Thought I'd wait awhile just incase there's any more drops though. *sigh* I'm not mad that I dropped it. Disappointed, but just glad I have the bike.
is awesome
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Got the bike, first ride!

Posted June 6th, 2009 at 02:08 PM by crystalh

Picked up my bike this morning. got a helmet, ordered boots, rode on the back while my neighbour drove it home for me. Got so excited, I had to ride it myself. As soon as we got home, I put on my gloves and such, hopped on my bike, and away I went. What a rush. Got a grin plastered to my face still and can't wait to get out again. Apparently it's supposed to snow here though so it might have to stay locked up for a little while
is awesome
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Chapter 4

Posted May 31st, 2009 at 02:18 AM by Alex (How to Grow a Fun and Useful Motorcycle Forum!)

And now for some more fun... I've added two significant features to ninjette.org in the past few days. The first one is completely useless, and completely fun. Everyone like video games, and now we've got 150+ of them on the site for people to play with. Thousands and thousands of games have been played so far, and people are getting giddy about beating eachother's high scores. I love it! Here's a link to the Arcade.

On a perhaps more serious note (but still cool!), I've launched a new wiki on this website. It can be reached right at wiki.ninjette.org, and there's all of the launch information right in this thread. A few of our more websavvy members have been pushing for a wiki-like structure for awhile, and I hope that this will become a very useful section of the website. We're using the most widely supported wiki tool (mediawiki), with a few custom plug-ins to allow it to link pretty seamlessly with the rest of our vbulletin architecture. This...
ninjette.org dude
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Atlanta to Socal Trip: Day 1

Posted May 27th, 2009 at 03:46 AM by sometimesido

18 hours on a motorcycle, using steel belt out of a tire shred on a side of the highway to reset a mp3 player, getting blown around by a texas storm while going 5 mph, and yet I have just begun my own "motorcycle diaries."
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Motorcycle trip planning - 13

Posted May 19th, 2009 at 03:36 PM by sometimesido

Man, I've been neglecting this.

Ok, so all of the 12k service is done.
I will do a fresh oil change some time this week.

Less than a week to go! I am excited!

Ordered a GoPro cam wheeee!
http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php...2&productid=2#

starting the weld for the "saddlebags" tomorrow hopefully.

talked to one of my buddies in cali and he will be in SD next week. Will probably spend a night in SD and maybe go sailing courtesy of him. Awesome!

It's looking like I'll have to cut Arkansas and Oklahoma this time since I've decided to make the SE Rally on 5th through the 7th.
This is going to be a close one. I don't know if I'll make it back in time, especially with some of the wonderful destinations on the way back.

i need a bigger mp3 player... my 512mb ipod will only cover about 5 hours...
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Chapter 3

Posted May 15th, 2009 at 10:01 AM by Alex (How to Grow a Fun and Useful Motorcycle Forum!)

Nothing much to report other than things are A-OK! 750 members, 40K+ posts, server is holding up, and participation is both voluminous and positive. I'm starting to work a bit more on the google SEO side to make sure that people who may be searching for a place like this can find it a little more easily, but that's a slow process that requires a bunch of faith and patience.
ninjette.org dude
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Re-Upholstering On a Budget

Posted May 14th, 2009 at 07:09 AM by thsadmin

My latest project is re-Upholstering on a budget, I was looking at a few threads and like the look of the new covers ... so I was going to buy a set which would have cost me about $70 - $80 (Aussie dollars) for the complete set.

I was after the main seat, pillion seat and the two knee guard covers.

My old set is painted black, wearing thin, starting to crack and paint is rubbing off.

So here was my budget shopping for the day :

$8 for the Vinyl - about 1.5 Metres by 70cms.
$10 for the Staple Gun.
$7 for brush and glue.

So for $25 (Aussie Dollars = $20usd), I had the vinyl and tools to do the job, the staple gun is a tight ass model - so may struggle.

Starting Project :

I have started the project - just to test waters, I started and finished one knee guard, the Staple Gun did struggle but got the job done, the tight ass glue seems to have worked. One slight hiccup was...
1986 GPZ Ninjette
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bike Fixed !! Woot ...

Posted May 9th, 2009 at 05:06 AM by thsadmin

Note to self, trust first and own instinct ... bike had too much oil in it and needed to be relieved. Silly mistake - lesson learned and no damage done ... apart from the pride.

Had several small issues that needed to be fixed also, was revving to high and clutch needed adjusting ... both were easy fixes.

So if you have a oil leak - always check your bikes oil level first - then clean air box, drain excess oil in air box and finally clean the air box filter.

Now I am ready to go again.
1986 GPZ Ninjette
Posted in Work & Fixes
Old

Getting my bike looked at ...

Posted May 7th, 2009 at 05:43 PM by thsadmin

Yup on Saturday (Tomorrow) I am getting my oil leak looked at, luckily my GF's old man is a motor bike mechanic and works on Harley's. Might walk out with a Sportster motor in place of the old motor.

Hopefully it's something simple ... although the old man will probably laugh at me for not having a clue about the bikes issues.

It's been about a week since I have had a proper ride and it's needless to say that I am hanging for a decent ride ...

Fingers crossed to an easy fix and riding (again) this time tomorrow.
1986 GPZ Ninjette
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation