ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

Final Plastics Parts

Posted March 23rd, 2010 at 05:07 PM by deezyellownutz

Picked up the R&G Frame sliders for $159.00 and a pair of lower fairing for $208.

Brings the grand total to $1035.24.

Now I just need to find a set of rear sliders, seat cowl and flush mount blinkers!

woot woot!!
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

GPR Stabilizer

Posted March 23rd, 2010 at 09:36 AM by deezyellownutz

I recently sold my Honda CBR F4i to buy the the 250R. While looking for parts I cam across a brand new steering damper that was still in the original packaging and was NEVER opened. It even still had the price and barcode on it. $475!

Anyways I found it on CL from someone that I didn't realize at the time went to HS with my wife! I found out later as he friended me on Facebook! What a small world. Anyways, I was a little bummed out after selling the bike because now I had a brand new damper that didn't do me any good. So I called GPR and asked if I could buy a mount for it. They didn't have it and I at the time I asked if they would do a trade up and the rep said no. I called back a few minute later after looking around to ask if there was a new damper for the 250R and how much it was. The F4i damper was a V1 and the 250R was a V4. I spoke with the tech and was a little disappoint that it wasn't going to fit. Anyways I asked on more time if they would buy back the old one?...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Rain Rain

Posted March 23rd, 2010 at 06:28 AM by deezyellownutz

I have been scouring the internet - Especially ebay for crash parts for this bike. You all must be wondering why? Well, I have calculated that OEM original painted parts are always worth more especially the SE colors. Since I wanted to do white for the bike, I have decided to find another set of plastics for the bike. So far so good, I have managed to get the tail section, tank, radiator cowl and I snipped the front cowl... sorry

So far here are the totals for the bike.

2009 Kawasaki 250R SE = $3300

Parts
09 Red Gas Tank = $131.21
09 Blue RH Tail Section = $53.00
09 Red LH Tail Section = $53.95
09 Green Fender = $62.60
09 Blue Front Cowl = $105.50
08 Black Radiator Cowl = $36.99
Unpainted Hotbodies Undertail = $114.99
Lowering Kit - Rear Links - Front Risers - Kick Stand - $110

Grand Total for Parts for far - $668.24

I still need to get a 2nd driver seat...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Another Kaw comes along

Posted March 19th, 2010 at 12:29 PM by deezyellownutz

I searching various forums and looking at mods and what is available and for what I decided to try to find a decent Kawasaki 250R 08-10 for my wife to ride.

Searching around a few of the busier local dealers, the price was approx. $3699 - $4199 for a used one with various mileage and all.

I was able to find a smaller dealership that had taken a trade in that they actually sold. A 2008 Kawasaki EX250R Special Edition. I wasn't too keen on the color scheme for the asking price of $3395. After contacting the dealer I was told that previous owner had purchased the 4 year extended warranty through Kawasaki and it still had 4 more months on the original warranty.

After a few minutes, the answer was clear to me that this is what I need to get! Used yes, but not from Joe Smoe but from a dealer still within the original factory warranty and comes with the extended warranty. Bike had 3K miles on it, but otherwise was in mint showroom condition.
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation