ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Notices

Old

An interesting situation...

Posted December 4th, 2012 at 04:15 PM by himynameisjoe

I didn't really want to post this on the actual forum, but I'd still like to get some opinions on this I guess.

Okay so first I'll tell you some back story. About 5 years ago, I met one of my best friends in the whole world. We actually met on Xbox Live, and have just been really close for years. I go up to visit quite regularly and his family has turned into a second family for me. I will mention he's 32 this year, and I'm pretty much like a little brother to him.

Shortly after I met him, he had started having a lot of problems mentally and at 1 point didn't leave the house for almost a year because of extreme agoraphobia and anxiety. The cause of all of this was his best friend had died in a motorcycle accident 5 months before I met him.

Now here's the thing, I've always loved motorcycles and always knew I would own at least one in my life. Then I found this out and I guess I kind of just figured it wasn't worth putting him through that...
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Took Mom to the bike shop!

Posted November 27th, 2012 at 04:18 PM by himynameisjoe

So the other night I took my mom to the bike shop to show her what I want to get in the near future. Now the last time I talked to her about my buying a motorcycle I was still interested in the Suzuki TU250x, which she was okay with. So we show up and as soon as we walk into the door, the top floor is all Ducati's. Her face was priceless. I said no no mom, not those, we need to go downstairs. So I start showing her the 250's and 300 and I can tell she isn't pleased.

So as I'm standing there trying to explain to her that in all actuality these bikes are going to be safer that the TU because I have a little more speed, and as long as it's used correctly, speed is your best friend on a motorcycle and can get you out of most tight spots.

Then the one guy that knows me from coming in all the time lusting over everything comes over and helps me out. He talks to her for about 20 minutes about how it's pretty much a tiny bike that got all dressed up to pretend that...
ninjette.org sage
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation