ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

Living In The Fast Lane | 2015

Posted January 21st, 2016 at 03:56 AM by johnydecali

Now that we are towards the end of January, I can reflect at 2015 as a year of fun on two wheels, hell there were times when I was living in the fast lane. I hit a stupid fast personal best top speed of 168 mph, rode a slew of different kinds of motorcycles; from Harley Davidson's Sportsters and Dynas to Suzuki's, Triumphs, and even a Can Am Spyder. Since I live in the wonderful San Francisco Bay Area, I had the opportunity to ride year round from the FREEZING December weather to scorching 100 degree weather. Rode with friends and family throughout the Bay from Stinson Beach to Alison's and Four Corners to Angel's Camp. Had one too many close calls while splitting lanes to riding with a friend that low sided. 2015 gave me a solid year of riding under my belt while at the same time gives me excitement as to what 2016 will bring. I leave with you below a video montage of my 2015 year. See you out there on the streets and ride safe.

Link to original page on YouTube.

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

Installing A USB Charger On A Motorcycle

Posted January 17th, 2016 at 06:26 PM by johnydecali
Updated January 17th, 2016 at 06:30 PM by johnydecali (Correcting YouTube link.)

Spent the day doing a quick upgrade mod to the Lil Green Monster by adding a USB charger to it. The install of the USB charger is a simple plug and play that requires simple tools (screw driver and a set of Allen wrenches) to install.

I picked up the USB charger that is specifically designed for motorcycles, from Amazon, for a little over $13. After a simple removal of a few panels and the seat, fishing the electrical wire through the frame, and cinching everything down with zip ties, this project was completed in less than an hour.

Now I’ll be able to charge my iPhone or keep my GoPro powered on long rides thanks to this USB motorcycle charger.

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Icon Airmada Gold Iridium Visor

Posted August 7th, 2015 at 02:40 AM by johnydecali

Recently I picked up a gold iridium visor for my helmet (yay Revzilla!), something that I've been wanting to pick up since purchasing my Icon Airmada Chantilly helmet. One thing that I love about an iridium visor is its reflectivity, so bad ass in my opinion. Along with a new visor, I decided to relocate my GoPro from the chin of my helmet to the handle bar of my bike. In one short day, I rode around San Francisco and Marin County; capturing videos of myself with the GoPro that shows off my new visor. With a simple adjustment I'm seeing the world in a different point of view. And with the reflectivity of the iridium visor, you can "see" what I'm seeing. Check out the video below to see what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/UiRIWVGT8sU" TARGET="_blank">Link to original page on YouTube.

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Unicorn!

Posted July 16th, 2015 at 05:12 PM by johnydecali

Finally got the unicorn!

Now as to what a unicorn is varies to each person. Yes, a unicorn is a mythical creature that resembles a horse but with a horn that protrudes from its forehead, however for urban lore a unicorn is something or someone that is unattainable. Unattainable such as your dream car, your crush, a far off destination, super rare limited edition Jordan, and so on. Sometimes one can obtain their unicorn, once one catches a unicorn they can have a new unicorn in place of the former.

As for myself, my unicorn is to take a photograph of Lil Green Monster (my motorcycle) at the Pacific Overlook with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background during sunset. As simple as it sounds, it is not.

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Pizza Delivery

Posted June 13th, 2015 at 08:15 PM by johnydecali

Yes! It feels that I just conquered the world with such a simple task of picking up pizza.

This was my first time ever transporting something from point A to point B and I did one hell of a job. To some it may not be a big deal, but with for myself this was a huge feat that was accomplished. This was such a huge accomplishment for myself because I gained so much confidence and trust from not messing up a simple task of transporting pizza on a motorcycle. Who knows what will be next; beer, groceries, tool box, tire, dog, and the list goes on!

ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hello World! My First Blog Post On Ninjette!

Posted June 9th, 2015 at 07:13 PM by johnydecali
Updated June 9th, 2015 at 10:00 PM by johnydecali (cleaning up youtube tags)

Last September I finally had the opportunity and privilege to do an activity that many of my siblings do, that is ride motorcycles, legally. After completing the MSF course and passing the DMV written exam, my sister sold her Ninja 250 to me and I’ve been riding almost every single day. The only days that I happen to not ride are those where I have to go somewhere with my gf (she doesn’t have her own helmet and I’m a new rider), days that it is raining, and when I sit at home and be a bum.

Since September to today, early June, I’ve placed approximately 6k miles, done the oil change three times, got in a few close calls more than enough times, placed new tires on the bike, and been on my first group ride.

There has been so much that I have learned these past months from riding; from lane splitting to being patience while riding. Here in California where lane...
ninjette.org member
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation