ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Miraha

Notices

Rate this Entry

Finally!

Posted April 22nd, 2011 at 10:00 AM by Miraha

I just realized I have a blog here, so I will be transferring a few posts from another site and just blog here.

I finally found "MY" ninja... I have been looking for just over a month and was starting to think I would have to end up buying a new one. In fact I even contacted Central Texas Power Sports 2 days ago and offered $4500 OTD, they refused the price stating it would be $5200 or else they would be losing money... (laughable)

So after calling on a number of craigslist postings, scouring the local papers and websites I came across a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250, Candy Thunder Blue w/3100 miles at Dream Machines of Austin for $2995. So Rude (husband) and I venture down to Austin to take a look.

The color actually looks alot nicer in person-in fact it is really cool. I notice a small scratch on the right side fairing and the bottom of the right side turn signal has some minor scratches. To me it appears as if the bike was dropped or tipped over from a stop. One vertical scratch can also be seen on the tailpipe. I talk it over with my husband and I want to make an offer on the bike.

So I sit down with John the Sales guy and he puts together some numbers, knowing there are going to be taxes, title, dealer fees blah blah blah (which I hate) we haggle back and forth. He comes back with a price of just under $3500 OTD. I dont like this price and tell him I was looking for something closer to $3K... he goes off to the Sales Manager and returns with a price of $3200 which includes the tax, title, safety inspection and and additional $198 dealer fee which he explains is the oil change, fluid top off, basic make sure everythings good inspection. So I gather in my head I am paying $2700 for the bike, $300 for title/plates etc.. and the $200 dealer fees... That makes me feel a bit better. So I accept the offer and leave a deposit and let him know I will be back tomorrow with the rest of the cash and to pick it up. Yay!

Wooohoooo now that I know what color bike I am ending up with I can order my gear! I picked up a Scorpion EXO-700 helmet (sportbiketrackgear.com $99.00) and Scorpion Burnout Textile Jacket (motorcyclegear.com $59.99) I already have gloves and boots from the MSF course I took a month ago.

I am so doing a happy dance.... stay tuned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2304 Comments 0
Main     Delivery Day! »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation