ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > Miraha

Rate this Entry

I want a slip on!

Posted April 26th, 2011 at 10:00 AM by Miraha

ok my quest for the perfect (for me) slip on continues... I have watched so many videos my head is spinning.

I have ruled out Two Bros, to me it sounds very loud and whiny in addition to everyone and their friggin brother (lolz pun?) has one. Of course the Akrapovic is the front runner at this point (ugh) but I just cant justify spending almost $500 on a silly pipe. I really like the deep rumble, hollow type sound. plus I am cheap... ok not like cheap, cheap more like smart with my money (at least I tell myself this )

I thought I wanted a FMF Apex, sound seemed good, price was fairly good, most reviews seemed ok... but then one review talked about the tinny sound at higher rpm.... BAM! crossed it off the list. oh and it looks like a missle. blah!

What about a Yoshimura? I think I like it mostly cause of the name... kind of how I like Carolina Panthers because of the colors... not a good reason to buy something!!! well wait, reviews are good, sound is good, look is sexy! eeeeeks price YUCK!

moving on to the hotbodies mgp growler, love the price, so many reviews, everyone loves it! oh look, many complain about the loudness, grrrrrr. I mean I dont mind a loud exhaust, if its a deep, bass type loud... I dont like the rice burner honda civic wanna be cool sound at all!

Hmmmm HMF? its nice, it sounds good, price is right where I want it... ok I think I found my new pipe.... I see ebay has them for $245-270 or so...

I am not interested in a full system, so no need for the AreaP, that Jardine is ugly... I like the price on the Dan Moto, but the sound hurts my head and reading about the wrong springs, non customer support etc.. really turns me off.

I am wondering if I should just say screw it and get the Akrapovic, it is what I want, sound, looks, I still cant get past that price... ok I make myself a deal, my limit was $250-ish for a slip on... I will raise my limit t $350-ish, if I can find a Yoshi or Akrapovic for this price I can buy it... but any others is still limited to $250-ish... (ok, maybe $300) I make a deal with myself as if I need permission... geesh I crack myself up

Now of course I prefer Carbon Fiber, but once again I cant justify the price increase due to "ONLY" the look... does carbon fiber offer any other benefit?

man I cant decide, now I have forgotten, which site I saw which pipe for which price.... so my quest for the perfect slip on continues... stay tuned
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4762 Comments 1
« Happy Easter!     Main
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Lol... this just proves your crazy.... :)

Motorcycle Safety Foundation