ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs > deezyellownutz

Rate this Entry

GPR Stabilizer

Posted March 23rd, 2010 at 09:36 AM by deezyellownutz

I recently sold my Honda CBR F4i to buy the the 250R. While looking for parts I cam across a brand new steering damper that was still in the original packaging and was NEVER opened. It even still had the price and barcode on it. $475!

Anyways I found it on CL from someone that I didn't realize at the time went to HS with my wife! I found out later as he friended me on Facebook! What a small world. Anyways, I was a little bummed out after selling the bike because now I had a brand new damper that didn't do me any good. So I called GPR and asked if I could buy a mount for it. They didn't have it and I at the time I asked if they would do a trade up and the rep said no. I called back a few minute later after looking around to ask if there was a new damper for the 250R and how much it was. The F4i damper was a V1 and the 250R was a V4. I spoke with the tech and was a little disappoint that it wasn't going to fit. Anyways I asked on more time if they would buy back the old one? The tech hesitated for a minute and decided to look up for the price of the V1 and the V4 damper... and guess what they are the still selling it for the same price. Listed at $495 for each one!

The tech told me to send it back and as long as it was still in the original packaging and unopened and in salable condition GPR would swap out the two for since the cost is still the same! Great news! I only paid $225 for the V1 damper and now I can getting an updated V4 for nothing! Talk about more than a 50% savings!

So I sent out the part last Friday and I called them today. The part is on their table and they are getting ready to assemble the new damper for me and it will be shipping out in the next day or two! Awesomeness! I originally only picked the black and red on because that's all I thought they had. After speaking with the returns department I learned they are now offering all black due to the red knob fading, now not am I only getting exactly what I wanted but its been literally a "steal!"

I will post pics when it arrives. I know, its only a 250cc why do I need a damper.. its for the wife and an extra pre-cautions is well worth it. I would have gotten it for my ZX10 but it already has an ohlins damper stock so its going on the 250R !

Stay tuned for more updates!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1798 Comments 0
« Rain Rain     Main     Final Plastics Parts »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Motorcycle Safety Foundation